Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stopper

Man City banned from Europe !

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Correct. A "joyous" knee jerk reaction to the news that a rival club is in a bit of trouble. Like we've never been there ourselves. I wonder how those slagging ManC at this would have felt had ManC supporters and others slagged us off when we were in the shit?

Going into administration and being fined £25mil for overspending is pretty different in my eyes.

This is great news. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Going into administration and being fined £25mil for overspending is pretty different in my eyes.

This is great news. 

Why ?

I assume you know why we went into administration?

FFP and fiddling the books is pretty much the same, in my view.

Without the financial input of our fantastic owners we'd be in the shit for years with a debt that would have brought us down. ManC have been duplicitous and suspect for a few years and deserve a punishment. I don't believe the 2 year ban will happen because they generate so much income for the PL and the CL. However, I'm uncomfortable with the snide shit throwing remarks towards a football club when, if it were us, we'd hate it. It's their problem. Opinions change nothing. I wouldn't want to be in their position so I have no animosity. Maybe they had it coming but I come back to the fact, how would we feel if it was us?

Edited by Parafox

Sorry to be the killjoy but I think it would be unfair to give the spot to the FA Cup winners. 

Doesn’t seem fair to add the motivation this late in the competition. 

Youd be livid if you had been knocked out after fielding a weaker side focusing on the league. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Why ?

We were in genuine financial difficulty. Man City are not. 

How this can be perceived as bad news genuinely baffles me. 

This could get really, really messy. 

I was just listening to TalkSport on the way home and someone made a valid point. 

Do they appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), or the European Court of Justice.

Is Financial Fair Play (FFP) even legally binding, or is it restrictive of trade under European law. 

Who are the corrupt ones? UEFA for trying to run a closed shop and putting up massive barriers for entry into a sport; that gives the established massive amounts of cash. Or the clubs trying to bend the rules to get around those barriers? 

What impact does Brexit have on this?!? 

This could run for years and years and years. No legal president so we’re in uncharted water. 

This could be the downfall of UEFA and be the beginning of the end for them. If Manchester decide to pursue setting up an alternative competition with those that didn’t qualify for example?

Does this have any impact on the UEFA European Championship? 

Does 5th get the spot, or do UEFA just give it to someone as a wild card? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Why ?

Without the financial input of our fantastic owners we'd be in the shit for years with a debt that would have brought us down. ManC have been duplicitous and suspect for a few years and deserve a punishment. I don't believe the 2 year ban will happen because they generate so much income for the PL and the CL. However, I'm uncomfortable with the snide shit throwing remarks towards a football club when, if it were us, we'd hate it. It's their problem. Opinions change nothing. I wouldn't want to be in their position so I have no animosity. Maybe they had it coming but I come back to the fact, how would we feel if it was us?

We'd feel like crap, and likely be getting pelters from all corners including Man City fans. 

This is a decision by UEFA regarding the UEFA Champions League.

What's the point of having your own competition if you can't set the rules?

Or next time we have a game at the KP, what's to stop me running on and scoring a goal? (Apart from ability.)

I'll just yell, "Court of Arbitration for Sport! There's no one can stop me!"

As I'm evicted from the ground. :ph34r:

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Why ?

2 hours ago, Sly said:

They’ve spent a lot of money, to build a good team. Other teams have done it before them - Chelsea, Blackburn, PSG, Madrid, RB Leipzig ....... 

I don’t understand the hate for them if I’m honest. 

They overstated the sponsorship money from their owners in order to build the best squad in the premier league ...

how is that fair ?

they were warned years ago and they continued to do it

the year we won the league, we wanted a striker in jan but we couldn’t afford the extra wages and to stay inside FFP. How is it fair that clubs follow the rules and others don’t with no sanction .....  we could easily take loads more money from KP for sponsoring the stadium and the shirts ........ but we don’t ...we take a figure which is considered to be realistic to fit in with FFP rules 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1