Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stopper

Man City banned from Europe !

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Gives Wolves a little more incentive tonight :mad:

This is really not something to get upset about.

If we retain the same amount of CL's spots and placings with our eight point gap down to Chelsea we have an absloutley fantastic opportunity to finish 3rd and go straight into the group stage instead of potentially having to play a dangerous play off round.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

The arrogance, will they never learn, £50m in 2014, Manchester City fined by Fifa over recruitment of players under 18 players so fined £310,000 but avoid transfer window ban, now fined £27 and banned from Europe for two years. So Sarries and Man City found cheating, serves them right.

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

If we retain the same amount of CL's spots and placings with our eight point gap down to Chelsea we have an absloutley fantastic opportunity to finish 3rd and go straight into the group stage instead of potentially having to play a dangerous play off round.

English Top 4 go straight into group stage

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There are no play off rounds for the champions league anymore in England. All 4 English teams go into the group stages. 

• Like 1

We've had our own issues with FFP (on a smaller scale admittedly) so I won't be moralising but I'm very surprised it's a ban like this, though it will be appealed quickly.

Best to assume it'll still be top four going in before anything absolutely concrete occurs.

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That’s as may be, but I am attempting to become more “hip” (Was just “with it” in my day) so I figure a way to go about that is to become offended by anything I see. :dunno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

We've had our own issues with FFP (on a smaller scale admittedly) so I won't be moralising but I'm very surprised it's a ban like this, though it will be appealed quickly.

Best to assume it'll still be top four going in before anything absolutely concrete occurs.

The EFL's own rules aren't fit for purpose; they acknowledged in the statement that the issue arose from a genuine difference of interpretation of the law and that we made no attempt to deliberately break them. I'm fine with our conduct to be honest - EFL's FFP rules are such a load of bollocks that almost every single team that's supposed to abide by them has either broken them by accident or had to be creative.