Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stopper

Man City banned from Europe !

No way they get banned. 

They appeal it it gets over turned then they go to court over fair play and it gets binned. 

This then allows big clubs to carry on as they like, without thinly veiled attempts to hide what they are doing.

If anyone for example thinks PSG can afford to pay Mbappe 41 million a year (340k a week) by just using the money the club has earnt, or Liverpool can go out and the world's most expensive defender then goal keeper, then they are an idiot. 

Or that Real Madrid isn't funded by the Spanish government, or Barcelona isn't funded by Basque country money.

Chelsea been funded by Roman for years he basically started it. 

Wolves, Leeds, Bournemouth, Arsenal, Man UTD, all funded by foreigners with more money than sense

Hell even we are funded by the Thailand Royal family Best mates. 

If man City get banned then what about everyone else who does the same thing? 

You either ban everyone or no one, the fair play needs scraping in its current form, it does nothing to even the playing field and is pointless, as is this ban. 

I think any appeal is going to take time. I can't see it being sorted before the summer signing session. If that's the case nobody is going to join and a lot of top players are going to push to leave. Maybe Pep too. Man City may be a finished entity.

Do they have to return their tropies from last season (like Saracens) for cheating?

clarity needed

if Man City appeal - as they will, then its normal for the punishment to be suspended pending the hearing. Chelsea decided not to appeal the first window of their ban. So my assumption is that any ban from the CL will not begin until season 21/22.

there may be nuances I’ve missed though ....... hearing has to be heard and adjudicated on before end August when the CL draw takes place ..... if it isn’t then surely they have to be allowed to compete ??  

28 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think any appeal is going to take time. I can't see it being sorted before the summer signing session. If that's the case nobody is going to join and a lot of top players are going to push to leave. Maybe Pep too. Man City may be a finished entity.

Do they have to return their tropies from last season (like Saracens) for cheating?

Have they ??

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

clarity needed

if Man City appeal - as they will, then its normal for the punishment to be suspended pending the hearing. Chelsea decided not to appeal the first window of their ban. So my assumption is that any ban from the CL will not begin until season 21/22.

there may be nuances I’ve missed though ....... hearing has to be heard and adjudicated on before end August when the CL draw takes place ..... if it isn’t then surely they have to be allowed to compete ??  

It’s already been confirmed the case is being fast tracked as CAS will do all that is possible to meet competition deadlines & the leaked emails between Man City officials, pretty much have them dead to rights. 

• Like 2

let's be honest UEFA would never ever dream of banning real Madrid or Barcelona, it's because Man City have pumped in soo much money sooo quickly to get to where they are now so they can compete to at least with the big European heavyweights. if the ban sticks you would think Pep will just walk away and probably alot of their players, no one there wants to be out of playing in Europe for two years, it would seem like an eternity for Man City. it needs to be a level playing field in Europe . Man City are by no means the only club giulty of financial doping. UEFA needs to be fair and it needs to be consistent with all clubs in EUrope.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sly said:

This could get really, really messy. 

I was just listening to TalkSport on the way home and someone made a valid point. 

Do they appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), or the European Court of Justice.

Is Financial Fair Play (FFP) even legally binding, or is it restrictive of trade under European law. 

Who are the corrupt ones? UEFA for trying to run a closed shop and putting up massive barriers for entry into a sport; that gives the established massive amounts of cash. Or the clubs trying to bend the rules to get around those barriers? 

What impact does Brexit have on this?!? 

This could run for years and years and years. No legal president so we’re in uncharted water. 

This could be the downfall of UEFA and be the beginning of the end for them. If Manchester decide to pursue setting up an alternative competition with those that didn’t qualify for example?

Does this have any impact on the UEFA European Championship? 

Does 5th get the spot, or do UEFA just give it to someone as a wild card? 

This is the thing. FFP massively benefits the already established elite as the elite get most of the TV money and commercial revenue. How can any club have ambitions to join the elite without being bankrolled by multi-billionaires and spending their owners' personal wealth for a bit?

We don't watch a sport, we watch an entertainment show.

• Like 3

Any appeal will probably not be concluded before the start of next seasons champions league so i’d imagine a mass exodus of players either permanently or  most likely on loan for a season as i don’t imagine they’d want to see all their stars be sold if there is a possibility of the ban being just one season.

its all very interesting, really!

22 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

This is the thing. FFP massively benefits the already established elite as the elite get most of the TV money and commercial revenue. How can any club have ambitions to join the elite without being bankrolled by multi-billionaires and spending their owners' personal wealth for a bit?

We don't watch a sport, we watch an entertainment show.

This has what’s got Man city in trouble, actually- Their wealthy owners spending their own cash.

It really doesn’t matter how wealthy owners are - it matters how greedy they are and wether they want to make huge financial gain from a club they own.

1 hour ago, L3n9a said:

It’s already been confirmed the case is being fast tracked as CAS will do all that is possible to meet competition deadlines & the leaked emails between Man City officials, pretty much have them dead to rights. 

I’m not sure that this is true ?  I think Man City have 3 months to get their appeal in - then CAS have to look at the case - it’s in Man City’s interest to delay this till 21/22 - I am predicting now that unless Man City change their mind and decide to only appeal year 2 ban, they will be playing in next seasons competition....

48 minutes ago, les-tah said:

i always wondered how man city balanced their books..

They are not the biggest club in their city and they dont even have that many fans outside of the city. it never did really add up

They are gaming the system, like a lot of clubs probably including ourselves. Seems a bit unfair that the buck stops with them but hey ho not going to lose any sleep over it.

26e55960-0001-0004-0000-000001401249_w948_r1.77_fpx44.98_fpy45.21.jpg

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m not sure that this is true ?  I think Man City have 3 months to get their appeal in - then CAS have to look at the case - it’s in Man City’s interest to delay this till 21/22 - I am predicting now that unless Man City change their mind and decide to only appeal year 2 ban, they will be playing in next seasons competition....

Pretty sure you are correct. I can't see any way this will be upheld. They will throw a lot of money at it and have more of it than UEFA. I also think there is something in the severity of the punishment that is already allowing for a downgrading of it. It is easy to see a compromise here of the 2 seasons being changed to a suspended sentence or merely dropped and the quite substantial fine remaining in place.

Fvckin hate all of the opposition fans of the top 6 last season coming out of the woodwork slating Man City with the 'back where you belong' 'no fans' comments. Before the investment they were probably in that Newcastle / Leeds / Villa band of big but recently unsuccessful clubs, or at the very least in the Sunderland bracket of big clubs, not like they are RB Leipzig or something ffs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cujek said:

No way they get banned. 

They appeal it it gets over turned then they go to court over fair play and it gets binned. 

This then allows big clubs to carry on as they like, without thinly veiled attempts to hide what they are doing.

If anyone for example thinks PSG can afford to pay Mbappe 41 million a year (340k a week) by just using the money the club has earnt, or Liverpool can go out and the world's most expensive defender then goal keeper, then they are an idiot. 

Or that Real Madrid isn't funded by the Spanish government, or Barcelona isn't funded by Basque country money.

Wolves, Leeds, Bournemouth, Arsenal, Man UTD, all funded by foreigners with more money than sense

You either ban everyone or no one, the fair play needs scraping in its current form, it does nothing to even the playing field and is pointless, as is this ban. 

Sorry mate but you don’t know what you are talking about this will stick they need to set an example next is PSG 

I'm not surprised they took aim at Manchester City. Should I be happy about the verdict? Probably.

To the ones comparing us evading FFP regulations and them now breaching the rules: We've learnt from it, haven't done anything wrong ever since. and are now operating within our means, we don't tend to buy success, we want to nurture it. It may take a bit longer, but it'll be more worthwhile.

Instead of dishing out crazy money on acquiring top talent, our owners rather focus on establishing a great new training ground. And our Academy seems to bring up more and more talent also.

The irony here is that I remember a time when Manchester City were once relegated due to financial problems and had to bide their time in the 3rd tier even.

One would think they'd had learned from those mistakes and wouldn't repeat them.

I still quite like them as a club, more so than most of the "Top Clubs" in the league, I cheered them on when Agüero put that one past QPR a few years ago, but this seems to be just right. Justice done.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Parafox said:

Why ?

I assume you know why we went into administration?

FFP and fiddling the books is pretty much the same, in my view.

Without the financial input of our fantastic owners we'd be in the shit for years with a debt that would have brought us down. ManC have been duplicitous and suspect for a few years and deserve a punishment. I don't believe the 2 year ban will happen because they generate so much income for the PL and the CL. However, I'm uncomfortable with the snide shit throwing remarks towards a football club when, if it were us, we'd hate it. It's their problem. Opinions change nothing. I wouldn't want to be in their position so I have no animosity. Maybe they had it coming but I come back to the fact, how would we feel if it was us?

Not comparable. finan

3 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Not comparable. finan

Degree may not be the same, the incompetence and dubious behaviour were concerning. To dismiss our past, is to set us up for the same at point in the future.

We were wrong, Man City are (More) wrong. Dismissing an argument without justification is daft.

As stated, we have learnt our lesson and are blessed with our current owners, but history can teach and we should continue to listen.

6 hours ago, Cujek said:

No way they get banned. 

I wouldn't bet on them not winning their appeal. Will throw $60 million fine at UEFA and all will be forgiven. Big clubs will always win. Chelsea with their ban this year, also Barcelona a few years ago. If it was Leicester we would get a ban and have points deducted on top.