Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Wolves A Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I agree with most of what you are saying, however, with the rules we have now in place, the decision today was correct. Do I like it, absolutely not, VAR is terrible for the game as is the crap handball rule and the way offside is looked at.

but we can only play with what we have.

Agreed, but therein lies the problem. The fact that a trailing leg running away from goal can be considered offside in the build up to a goal, when nobody is marking that player, is ridiculous.

Like I said, only anoraks and delusional fans can't see there's something wrong with the system if they think the current approach to VAR is fair game. The linesman was one yard away and he missed it, perhaps even ignored it, for Christ's sake.

Edited by OntarioFox

7 minutes ago, chuck'em said:

But we wouldn't have got ziyech. He would never have left ajax for us 

But we needed a different type of player. Perez is a hard-worker, but isn't particularly fast, strong, or deft w his touch on the ball. He defends, which is great, but we need goal-scoring from that position. He is easy to stop getting around the corner, isn't a special passer, isn't special in the air... we needed a Mahrez type. Say what you want about Ghezzal but that is the type of skill set we needed (but better and consistent), as we have nobody on the team with that special bit of magic that can break down a low block with a flash of magic.