Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Lallana has made 24 appearances in European competition with most of them in the Europa League. That is only 6 more games than Tielemans - you cant assume every player over 30 is some wise old owl that knows every trick in the book and the key to every competition.

Do I intend to hold the Head of Senior Recruitment accountable for the recruitment of senior players to the club? Erm, yes.

But he does have experience of playing in a side which is battling on both fronts - that immediately adds experience to our squad which we don’t have. He also knows the premier league. I’m sorry but we are not going to sign a 24-26 year old with good European experience who knows the prem inside out. That player costs over £60 million plus and would most likely be sought after by the clubs we are fighting against to keep our current crop. 

On top of that, we can’t seek to bench current first teamers and keep them happy and then spend significant sums to replace them with better players as the club will not be able to Keep up financially. It makes no sense why are player in our current starting 11 is going to accept that. 

Lallana offers the manager that experience in this league and someone he feels he can trust on the basis that we do qualify for Europe and have to play three games a week. He is our Milner signing as the best example. 

On recruitment, the idea that we will not make any mistakes from now onwards is ridiculous. Every club makes mistakes no matter how big. Sometimes players just don’t adapt how one hopes. Our recruitment strategy seems to take on the same approach as it has done since the Ndidi signing. For every Tielemans, there is a Perez. This is a manager signing to have an extra voice off the pitch and someone he feels he can trust on it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Experience, leadership, crap injury record. What not too like? Oh...

Seriously, more bodies needed is likely, won’t expect to play all the time, Brendan knows him :dunno:

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Experience, leadership, crap injury record. What not too like? Oh...

Seriously, more bodies needed is likely, won’t expect to play all the time, Brendan knows him :dunno:

Livarpool Forum has nothing buy high praise for the guy. on a free, its well worth it and could be a real decent personality to have in the changing room with his experience, in CL and the international stage.

• Like 2

I am a fan of this transfer if it happens but for those saying he may only be a bit part player may end up being surprised. 

If its true that Arsenal and Spurs are also Interested I would think one of our selling points (along with champions league football) will be the amount of football we will give him if he stays fit. 

To those saying he's horrible and a twat on the pitch... Brilliant!! Exactly what we are missing

• Like 4

Surely the club recognise his injury situation over the past few years, he might have a couple of injury free seasons if he is lucky, his recent history suggests probibly not. Would be surprised if the club did not base some of his salary on appearances or have some sort of insurance, think any club interested would do the same with his recent history.

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

He is 32 in May not 42. He could have another 3 or 4 years at a top level 

He's barely played in 3 years, it's a huge risk. These sorts of signings seldom work and are the exact sort of signings West Ham make and fail with. 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

Lallana is a highly skilled and intelligent player but to get the best out of him he has to be in charge of play , as  he was with Southampton. I cannot see how he can be used alongside Maddison. He would want to be in most starting elevens so it would raise selection problems if everybody is fit.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's barely played in 3 years, it's a huge risk. These sorts of signings seldom work and are the exact sort of signings West Ham make and fail with. 

38 appearances in last three seasons. That includes an outing in a 50% of this season's premier league games. Granted most of these have been off the bench, but that doesn't really warrant the phrase 'barely'.

The direction of travel for his appearances over that time is towards more games played (he's already equalled last year's total). Given Liverpool's form this season, that's pretty decent.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

38 appearances in last three seasons. That includes an outing in a 50% of this season's premier league games. Granted most of these have been off the bench, but that doesn't really warrant the phrase 'barely'.

The direction of travel for his appearances over that time is towards more games played (he's already equalled last year's total). Given Liverpool's form this season, that's pretty decent.

It's a risk and if Albrighton is moved on then I can see the logic but this isn't a no brainer type signing. He will be on big wages and goes against our general recruitment policy. I can see why Rodgers would be tempted but this cannot be our only winger we bring in but I fear it would be. 

He improves the squad, that’s the only positive of this. Doesn’t solve any issues with our squad, how many of us have been moaning we’re too lightweight? Lallana doesn’t solve that.

We already have creative, industrious midfielders. He’s basically just a more experienced, but declining Maddison, what’s the point? Big wages, questionable injury record, probably a multi year deal.

I’m not keen on signing (too many) players  past 30 especially when they’ve had long spells out injured, injuries change players for the worse.

If we could get him on a short term contract on modest wages I wouldn’t be that disappointed but the point is we can do better.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

played more in those 3 years  than iheancho hasn’t he? and he’s the new messiah, apparently! Besides, West Ham don’t have the management structure that we have.

Edited by MPH