Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

3 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Errrrr.......more likely the fact that he's played for Brendan before and he knows him well

But yeah whatever

But still 32 and injury prone ..... maybe brendan has convinced him to come along for the ride and to help the younger players .... that would make a difference ...

9 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Leicester fans turning their noses up about Lallana have amnesia about the value that players like Huth/Albrighton/Simpson, etc., can bring.

All players that had something to prove, Lallana strikes me as the kind of player who thinks hes better than he is.

Could be wrong of course but I just don't rate him as highly as some of you do.

Edited by Munshi

1 minute ago, Munshi said:

All players that had something to prove and fought to show their worth, Lallana strikes me as the kind of player who thinks hes better than he is.

A bloke dropped from the England setup has plenty to prove.

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Come on mate we were also very heavily linked with Demiral from Juve in January - rumoured to have made a bid. The Lallana deal is the other side of the spectrum and much needed approach for a club on a budget trying to compete on national and European level (as we hope to be next year). You need a squad with experience alongside young talent. That lack of experience has at times shown this season (think big games, villa away etc.). Lallana is obviously a player Brendan trusts and who he sees as someone that can help the dressing room. Our European experience is at the moment limited to Kasper, Vardy, Albrighton having one season in a champions league campaign with no pressure on the league. 

The Bennett deal was certainly not our first choice but because other deals didn’t come through, we backed ourselves with an experienced steady hand which didn’t break the bank - I think that’s quite sensible.

The club have done well in the last few years and Top is not going to just let us change a format he and his late father before him, trusted so much. Congerton is a cog in a very large system - anything he or those around him do I am pretty sure will get Top’s overview and sign off. However, like every other club in the world, our transfer business will throw up errors - are we going to blame Congerton for each and everyone of them? 

This is a sensible step to add experience to what is a relatively inexperience team aiming to embark on a new European adventure. We need experience and we cannot compete with the larger clubs and bring in 25 year old superstar but we can counteract this with good players who can chat to your Maddison’s and tielemans about what they should be doing in certain situations.

That's a great comment and I just want to add to it a little bit. A tangent.......

It's not very sexy is it. Not like going out and gathering up a bunch of hot little show ponies to look at. To feel the euphoria of the POTENTIAL in their quality.

There's a place/need in our squad for all different types of players in different stages of their careers who can contribute. Young and experienced alike.

The only issue I really have with Lallana is his health. But if the club are in for him you can be sure Rodgers knows exactly where and how to use him.

Within the constraints of where he is now physically and mentally.

53 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

My point is that if, as said, Rodgers refuses to operate without Congerton, who does not have a good track record,  at the club, then alarm bells should be ringing.

We have already begun to see the limitations to Rodgers' management and yes while he is a good manager, I wouldn't say we have won the lottery with him and he's the best manager we could possibly hope to get. Therefore, we shouldn't be afraid of making a change if its needed.

Thats it. RODGERS OUT!

14 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Leicester fans turning their noses up about Lallana have amnesia about the value that players like Huth/Albrighton/Simpson, etc., can bring.

Bar Huth, the other two weren't over 30 nor had injury problems that spanned longer than a year. They also wouldn't command £70-100k a week and they weren't joining a team who are on the verge of qualifying for the Champions League. 

• Like 2

Basically the exact opposite of the sort of signing I'd like us to make, but if Brendan and co think he'll be a positive addition then I bow to their better judgement and will wait at least ten minutes into his debut before I write him off and call him a ****.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Munshi said:

All players that had something to prove and fought to show their worth, Lallana strikes me as the kind of player who thinks hes better than he is.

Rodgers has already worked with Lallana, he knows his personality.

Liverpool fans on there forum are all sad to see him go as well.

So that's nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bar Huth, the other two weren't over 30 nor had injury problems that spanned longer than a year. They also wouldn't command £70-100k a week and they weren't joining a team who are on the verge of qualifying for the Champions League. 

But also they were also not England internationals and coming from the European champions.

It’s not a bad signing, but doesn’t fit our mould. If he was fit he’d be a useful addition, however I’d be worried if we could keep him at that level before another injury. Having looked at the Liverpool forums they seem to think it’s a good move for him and most are complimentary about him. Maybe he is like Vardy for us in the sense that everyone bar his own team despises him.

5 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Rodgers has already worked with Lallana, he knows his personality.

Liverpool fans on there forum are all sad to see him go as well.

So that's nonsense.

The same Liverpool fans who would tell you Curtis Jones is better than Ayoze Perez.

Let’s be honest here, not many of us have watched very much of Adam Lallana over the last two seasons. Even Liverpool fans haven’t. I have concerns about his legs and fitness (as do plenty of Liverpool fans). 

If Brendan bringing Kolo to Celtic is any indication, than maybe he has plans to get Lallana in to become a future coach? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Come on mate we were also very heavily linked with Demiral from Juve in January - rumoured to have made a bid. The Lallana deal is the other side of the spectrum and much needed approach for a club on a budget trying to compete on national and European level (as we hope to be next year). You need a squad with experience alongside young talent. That lack of experience has at times shown this season (think big games, villa away etc.). Lallana is obviously a player Brendan trusts and who he sees as someone that can help the dressing room. Our European experience is at the moment limited to Kasper, Vardy, Albrighton having one season in a champions league campaign with no pressure on the league. 

The Bennett deal was certainly not our first choice but because other deals didn’t come through, we backed ourselves with an experienced steady hand which didn’t break the bank - I think that’s quite sensible.

The club have done well in the last few years and Top is not going to just let us change a format he and his late father before him, trusted so much. Congerton is a cog in a very large system - anything he or those around him do I am pretty sure will get Top’s overview and sign off. However, like every other club in the world, our transfer business will throw up errors - are we going to blame Congerton for each and everyone of them? 

This is a sensible step to add experience to what is a relatively inexperience team aiming to embark on a new European adventure. We need experience and we cannot compete with the larger clubs and bring in 25 year old superstar but we can counteract this with good players who can chat to your Maddison’s and tielemans about what they should be doing in certain situations.

Lallana has made 24 appearances in European competition with most of them in the Europa League. That is only 6 more games than Tielemans - you cant assume every player over 30 is some wise old owl that knows every trick in the book and the key to every competition.

Do I intend to hold the Head of Senior Recruitment accountable for the recruitment of senior players to the club? Erm, yes.