Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He will not be coming here as back up, that's what you all need to remember. The chances of us getting another winger will be remote too. 

I don't understand what makes you think that. Competition for places in the squad doesn't cease just because Adam Lallana walks in the door.

And why do you think we won't be getting another attacking player(winger).  I somewhat feel your pain but ultimately trust the manager to know what he's doing

I’d rather us throw an academy kid in the first team for the sheer unpredictable hell of it all, but adam fits all the hallmarks of an uninspiring Bren signing, let’s face it.

Is the player available? Is he okay but nothing special? Will it fill the ranks without dramatically improving them? Then bren’s chequebook is already open.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why can’t we get someone like St. Maximin? He’d be less expensive, hungrier, more physical, and when he plays, even if he’s not scoring, Newcastle does much better. That’s what we need to keep Vardy in the game more. 

17 minutes ago, Fox of WA said:

Why can’t we get someone like St. Maximin? He’d be less expensive, hungrier, more physical, and when he plays, even if he’s not scoring, Newcastle does much better. That’s what we need to keep Vardy in the game more. 

Because Newcastle would ask £50m+ for him or they aren’t selling.

3 hours ago, MPH said:

played more in those 3 years  than iheancho hasn’t he? and he’s the new messiah, apparently! Besides, West Ham don’t have the management structure that we have.

What’s that got to do with anything? Comparing a 23 year old striker who has his best years ahead of him and has performed every time he’s been called on this season to someone whose barely played in the past few years due to injury and not being good enough?

Lets face it, Lallana is a shit version of Maddison and is the opposite of who we should be going for.

Edited by Munshi
  • Like 1

Good backup and improves the overall quality of the squad (but not the first XI).

Provides an extra bit of guile if we need to pick the lock against teams that sit back.

He's a replacement for Maddison or one of the wingers if they're tiring in games.

For the right amount of money, he's worth the risk in my opinion. He's not 36 or 37. Yes he's had injuries but he could be a good squad player for a season or two.

Edited by ALC Fox

8 hours ago, Mark said:

Concerns me too, no player they've brought in has improved us yet taking away Tielemans who the prevoious regime brought in. It seems like the only way we could get Rodgers was for Congerton to follow him here but Macia was high profile with contacts in Europe to enable these type of signings.

I never thought I'd hear myself saying this, but I suspect and I'm reassured that Rudkin has a vice like grip over transfers. Congerton will, after all, be reporting him. 

Current first xi players down to Rudkin must be Soyuncu, Evans, Maddison, Wilf. Plus, in a way, Chilly too.

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

I know what you mean but we haven't exactly had much success recently with 'experienced' midfielders..

Silva, Iborra, Inler spring to mind...

am i right in thinking none of those played in the premier league before? i think lallana is less of a risk in that respect. He'll be a good backup for madisson or teilemans i reckon

Guest An Sionnach

Goes to Southampton,they make him captain again, plays every match. He has his Champions league medal and premiership medal coming up so Europe not so important. Only money would change that but we shall see.

9 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Ffs. No ambition whatsoever.

If we allow him to Congerton is going to see us go the same way as Sunderland and Hamburg.

We cant just be signing kids, the team needs balance, experience.

I am glad the manager has recognised that.

I expect if foxestalk was the management team, our first team would have an average age of 18.

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

These are my thoughts too. Plus he's worked with Brendan Rodgers before, who got the best out of him. Might even help Maddison improve some aspects of his game with his experience too.

Negatives are his age, his wage demands, lack of resale value and that he's a bit injury prone. But you could have labelled all of those things at the last player over 30 we signed - Jonny Evans, who is arguably our player of the season thus far.

If he comes on a two year deal on reasonable wages / sign on fee then it seems like a sensible move. I'd imagine the total deal could be somewhere around the 15m mark; that's inclusive of signing on fee plus wages for two whole seasons. If you look at it that way, that's good business considering to sign a similar player it might cost 15m without taking into account a signing on fee or wages (though a younger player does have resale value).

At the end of the day it's a way to boost the depth of the squad without spending crazy amounts of money. I would imagine bigger bucks will be spent on more forward players in the summer, and we want to make sure we have the money available to do that.

not sure there is much arguing tbf

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's barely played in 3 years, it's a huge risk. These sorts of signings seldom work and are the exact sort of signings West Ham make and fail with. 

every signing is a risk whether the player is 22 or 32. You dont want risks, then you in the wrong sport.

Similar signings in recent years. To a less expensive extent. 

Nobby Solano

Kevin Phillips

Wasilewski

Cambiasso 

Mark Schwarzer 

All done ok. Sure there’s a few more I can’t think of off the top of my head.

Not a huge fan of Lallana personally but the club does have a history of this type of signing. Experienced to some, over the hill to others. Doesn’t neccessarily mean the whole transfer policy of the club is going out the window. You can’t keep signing young foreign lads and expecting them to be world beaters. Every squad needs balance. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Similar signings in recent years. To a less expensive extent. 

Nobby Solano

Kevin Phillips

Wasilewski

Cambiasso 

Mark Schwarzer 

All done ok. Sure there’s a few more I can’t think of off the top of my head.

Not a huge fan of Lallana personally but the club does have a history of this type of signing. Experienced to some, over the hill to others. Doesn’t neccessarily mean the whole transfer policy of the club is going out the window. You can’t keep signing young foreign lads and expecting them to be world beaters. Every squad needs balance. 

Sort of agree but in each case the context of those signings are considerably different to where we find ourselves now and (bar Cambiasso who you'd fancy was on a reasonable whack and was signed for the first team) cheap, while being happy to take a backseat role.

We have a higher ceiling now and this just feels a bit underwhelming. Lallana was excellent for Southampton and has been good for Liverpool (moreso in his first three seasons there), there's no doubt, but it's just a bit flat.

• Like 2