Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

When he first broke through absolutely, but for whatever reason it didn’t quite work out for him there - though I bet they were kicking themselves for letting him go after what he’s gone on to achieve. Certainly one of the best free transfers we’ve ever made. He certainly kicked on once he pulled on a Blue shirt. None of us would have predicted the title winning contributions, first goal in the Champions League, the Sevilla clincher etc. If we do sign Lallana, and he has half of the impact Sharky has had in his time here, we will all be happy 

he ****ing hates Villa, obvs.

My nephew met Lallana a few months ago and he jokingly said to him you should join Leicester and Lallana said yeh it would be a good move for both of us. Doesn't mean anything I know as hes not exactly going to turn round and say nah mate Leicester are shit. I could see this happening though. I think we'd be the only team in for him who are likely to be in the champions league next season so it would be a good move for him. His experience would be good for our young players and hed come in as a squad player that is better than our current squad players. 

I was unsure but the more you think about it he'd be a great option for us.

He can rotate with Tielemans and Madison. Can score dribble and press. The fact he's played for Liverpool quite a lot this season speaks volumes for his ability and the trust klopp had in him. 

I think the real question is that would be choose us over Spurs or arsenal?

11 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Will never play for our first team.

He already has against Brentford but I guess you are saying that having gone in loan (‘was it Blackpool?’) he has no future at LCFC and will be sold? Peeps seemed excited about the lad - he’s only early twenties - what makes you say he’ll not play for us again? Just interested 🙂

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Since most of the posters whining about Lallana being a first choice option also whine about him being injured all the time, I don't know what they're worried about. :D

We're going to Europe for sure, probably the CL.  We need options - capable, experienced players.  With as many meaningful matches as we'll be playing there is no single "starting 11" - rotation is mandatory.  Lallana doesn't present a transfer fee, can conceivably cover anything from a #10 to an attacking mid to a wing, and has CL experience.  If Benkovic and Bennett fill out the CD slots that leaves us with most of the discretionary budget to pursue at least one true wing player who can make an impact.

Incorrect, I moan about him being seen as first choice here and lessening our priority of bringing in that next level winger we are missing. He probably will get injured and then we'll have the same problems as before but with Europe added in to the mix too.

Lallana as a squad player instead of Albrighton would be fine, albeit a little costly in wages as he would be on at least £70k a week and a big signing on fee. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, inckley fox said:

Neither is also an option.

Ghezzal equivalent also an option.

Lallana has proven quality, brings experience that we sorely lack and will cost next to nothing.

No brainer.

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Every signing does have various risks, but some obviously way more than others. I would be concerned with a 32 year old who has been a peripheral player for the last few years on the back of some bad injuries, in these circumstances more often than not the player in question never performs to the level they were at before and that's why I'd not take the risk. We don't need to, we are likely going to be in the Champions League and are one of the go to teams for some of the best young players. I am an advocate of blending experience with such youngsters and maybe Lallana would be a good replacement for Albrighton but he'd be way down the list of priorities for recruitment in the summer. 

You don't seem much of an advocate when you seem to be against a "rare" experienced signing for us.

We cant just just be signing youth player's the team would be way too unbalanced.

The best experienced players wont be available so its these type of signings.

Huth Injuries

Evans release clause on relegation.

As Liverpool fans have pointed out he hasnt had a significant injury for a while, it isnt like he is constantly on the treatment table, and the player is very high quality coming from a top tier club.  As a bonus our manager has experience with him, and the manager should be backed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Lallana as a squad player instead of Albrighton would be fine, albeit a little costly in wages as he would be on at least £70k a week and a big signing on fee. 

Would Spurs or Arsenal be interested, if not the why should he expect 70k and a signing on fee?

West Ham may be willing to spend that but they won't be offering the chance of CL football.

Hopefully nor will Arsenal and Spurs.

Rotation option with Maddison for the #10 slot, nobody else at the club can really play that role. Tielemans is much better with the game infront of him as a #8 rather than playing on the half turn. And he can play inside left too.

Oh and vast Premier League, Champions League and International experience, the manager knows him and his personality well.

Oh and he'll cost no transfer fee.

30 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Would Spurs or Arsenal be interested, if not the why should he expect 70k and a signing on fee?

West Ham may be willing to spend that but they won't be offering the chance of CL football.

Hopefully nor will Arsenal and Spurs.

West Ham probably won't be able to offer him PL football 😁.

• Haha 2