Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I liked Iborra but a total of 27 appearances suggests he wasn't exactly a roaring success here

Iborra was one of the most technically gifted midfielders I've seen play for Leicester but ultimately the Premier league was just not suited to his style.  

If he was asked to play for either Real Madrid or Barcelona in the Champions League final and an alien visited earth for the first time and had to guess which player was the one that didn't belong there, I doubt they would choose him.

9 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Wouldn't a better way to do this be to sign players who are better than what we have and put the current ones on the bench? Who said anything about throwing money at the bench?

Realistically what players are we going to be able to attract that would warrant dropping any of our current 11 to the bench?

Probably the wingers but other than that we can’t attract the kind of players which would mean Maddison, Ndidi, Cags, Ricardo etc. would drop to the bench

Not that they should be dropped to the bench anyway!

Lallana plays as an attacking midfielder, I highly doubt he will be able to displace Maddison, we just need someone to come in and sit on the bench and step in for games when Maddison needs a break, something we currently don’t have the luxury of doing

Surprised at people turning their noses at him tbh. Yes it's nice to have a young and exciting team but as people have pointed out we have a hideously soft underbelly when the going gets tough, Villa Park the other week was a perfect example. With a young team is always going to be naive to an extent and you need a sprinkling of older heads to add that guile and experience to tricky situations. 

It's not like he's going to be the main man next season, he'll be a 30 appearances kind of singing with a sprinkling of goals and assists much better than Gray's for example. 

And ultimately, if Brendan wants him that's good enough for me. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Decent squad player. Never liked his behaviour against us though; very sly fouls, very mouthy at refs & opposition players, just never liked him for all of it. Technically superb though, would certainly add something to the squad with his experience and skill.

He's been mentioned here occasionally over the last year or so, so not at all surprised with the link

I think that's exactly what we need, a bit of roughness in the middle of the park. We look so weak at times.

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

He's only made 50 appearances in the last 3 seasons, had a number of injury layoffs and scored a grand total of 1 goal. It's very much a brainer.

The way I see it is that these types of players don't come around very often. Players who were at the top of their game before injuries. Now trying to get back on track he will be hungry to play. He has plenty of experience and will top up our squad nicely.

Getting him in on a free is a low risk signing, yes wages may be high due to no transfer fee and the potential is there for him to be warming up the medical table more than the subs bench but if we can keep him fit then its, as others have said, a no brainer.

For me the reward far outweighs the risk. Lets just not offer a 5 year contract please lol 

We lack experience in this squad. Morgan will more than likely be on his way at the end of the year, possibly Fuchs as well. Another viable midfield option with a good pedigree, well known by the manager, added to a squad that will have more games to manage next year, I can only see if benefit. I understand the fitness concerns, but I completely get why we’d be interested 

Guest An Sionnach

Would have thought  return to Southampton is his best bet. We have plenty of cover in his position and K. D. H. to come back

Would be a good signing. Whenever I've seen him this season he hasnt looked out of place in an exceptional Liverpool side. Made a great assist vs Wolves & came on to equalise against Man United at Old Trafford. Still has something to offer & we're going to need bodies in next year when we're hopefully playing 2 games a week. Rodgers will know his character so again that gives confidence that there isnt too much of a risk. Hopefully we can sign him on a 2 year deal on reasonable wages, but even if he insists on 3 years I'd still go for it.

If and it's a big if he stays fit and has the same level of quality as he had a few years ago then he is a decent addition. However, injury prone players tend not to ever rediscover their true ability for very long as they just never can keep the same intensity over several months or longer without an injury. That's why I've always respected us for steering clear of the temptation to sign players like him or Sturridge.

He'd be on £70-80k a week and a big signing on fee, it goes completely against everything we have built as a club. If he is our only winger we sign this summer then I'll be horrified.