Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

Need to think in the longer-term with regards to signings (such as getting talented players on board and improving them over time for the club's benefit - such as Chilwell and Maddison, for example) and this type of signing doesn't really fit into this really.

Edited by Wymsey

8 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Great let’s give him a 20 million pound contract the in case he get better from all his injuries and improves with age

not exactly what i saying mate was it.  Nothing wrong with a 1 year contract with a opton of a second depending on a few things 

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Need to think in the longer-term with regards to signings (such as getting talented players on board and improving them over time for the club's benefit - such as Chilwell and Maddison, for example) and this type of signing doesn't really fit into this really.

I think its all about balance and I don't think by us potentially signing Lallana that means we're throwing out the window our recent transfer policy. He is an experienced technical player and definitely think he will be an asset for us, adding some more depth.

• Like 1

I wouldn't want him to be our only attacking signing this summer but I'd take him. Depending on wage, contract length etc obviously. He can play in a few positions, experienced premier league and European player. Him and an exciting talented wide player would do me.

Edited by RowlattsFox

It's worth bearing in mind that there is almost certainly going to be a pay to play element to any offer. With his recent injury record anything else would be risky.

I'd take him, but we do need some extra height and physicality at some point over the summer as well.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

Apparently his current salary is £110k/wk. Given his age he'll be lucky to get half of that anywhere he goes. So worst case scenario say he gets a £50k/wk salary over a 2year contract with option for a year, that'll cost us about £7.5m maximum. £7.5m wouldn't even be enough to take a punt on a promising league one youngster nowadays - let alone pay for their wages thereafter.

Pure speculation, but wouldn't be surprised if we offered him something like a 1-year contract on £30k/wk with a 1-year option, and with a view to doing his coaching badges with us.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

not exactly what i saying mate was it.  Nothing wrong with a 1 year contract with a opton of a second depending on a few things 

Absolute zero chance his advisors Would accept that though is there. With all the costs, involved it would easily be a a 20 million deal which I don’t think is worth taking. Then again if Rodgers thinks it is, then fine, he is the manager

10 minutes ago, Xen said:

Apparently his current salary is £110k/wk. Given his age he'll be lucky to get half of that anywhere he goes. So worst case scenario say he gets a £50k/wk salary over a 2year contract with option for a year, that'll cost us about £7.5m maximum. £7.5m wouldn't even be enough to take a punt on a promising league one youngster nowadays - let alone pay for their wages thereafter.

Pure speculation, but wouldn't be surprised if we offered him something like a 1-year contract on £30k/wk with a 1-year option, and with a view to doing his coaching badges with us.

Sorry mate but i think you've made a post from 20 years ago ……..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Wouldn't a better way to do this be to sign players who are better than what we have and put the current ones on the bench? Who said anything about throwing money at the bench?

So, who would you like to see us sign that would see Maddison or Tielemans dropped to the bench for? 

can't pinpoint the exact moment he became a massive bell end but for that reason i'm out. not even a good type of "yeah but he's our bellend". he's just a pri ck. 

this view may change upon signing him if he turns out to be really good at footy. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Wouldn't a better way to do this be to sign players who are better than what we have and put the current ones on the bench? Who said anything about throwing money at the bench?

So, who would you like to see us sign that would see Maddison or Tielemans dropped to the bench for? 

9 minutes ago, Cujek said:

how anyone could bemoan this transfer is beyond me, lets hope it happens.

There are lots of really good reasons: What's worked for us in the recent past. What didn't work for us in the more distant past. What hasn't worked for other teams (see West Ham). The fact that it's Rodgers and Congerton making the call with their patchy track record. And, of course, Lallana's past two seasons of form, and age. And wages.

It could well work out - and we can easily come up with a list of reasons why - but the question marks are good question marks with this one.

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

There are lots of really good reasons: What's worked for us in the recent past. What didn't work for us in the more distant past. What hasn't worked for other teams (see West Ham). The fact that it's Rodgers and Congerton making the call with their patchy track record. And, of course, Lallana's past two seasons of form, and age. And wages.

It could well work out - and we can easily come up with a list of reasons why - but the question marks are good question marks with this one.

the guy is a class act, injuries aside which have crocked him a fair bit.

he is exactly the type of player we should have in the squad and on his day is a world beater.

8 minutes ago, Shane said:

Not that keen on Lallana but one positive is that it’ll free up our budget to sign a CB like Demiral and two wingers.

I’ve never liked him but from a footballing perspective it’s a decent enough signing. We need more players, we’ll be shifting some too. From a business perspective it’s clever. We gain a midfielder, one who’s PL proven, on a free transfer. Freeing up funds for other positions. Yes, of course we could go for a younger prospect, but again that’s a risk. 

Regarding his injuries... I’d be confident that we won’t offer him a contract if his fitness is a major doubt. If he’s not fully fit when we sign him, it could be performance based. Obviously that isn’t ideal for him, but he won’t be getting offers that are too much better elsewhere if he’s not fit/healthy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cujek said:

the guy is a class act, injuries aside which have crocked him a fair bit.

he is exactly the type of player we should have in the squad and on his day is a world beater.

definitely not a class act

he was an absolute **** earlier in the season. if he joins i want Soyuncu to give him a slap. 

Be a great signing if we can keep him fit. Give him a years contract if he'll accept it with an optional extension.

Uses both feet, technical, plays across midfield. Will score a couple goals.

People turning their noses up are the same who say "why are Huddersfield fans turning their noses up at King, a PL winner".

• Like 1