Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manini

Adam Lallana

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

If we offload the likes of James, Amartey, King and Mendy then it will be a good signing, to add to our squad depth

I'm puzzled by the logic of this statement. Three have not started and Mendy has played in 4 games. I doubt any will be here next season. Not for me; Lallana's injury record suggests he wouldn't be fit enough to justify the salary he would want. A one year contract may be worth a risk, but i can't see him accepting that.

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Impressive lack of respect for the rest of our managerial team 

Top job :appl:

.. the problem is, he is the right,!! 

A suspect injury prone player on at least £80g a week, no signing on fee equals larger salary, 32 years old, where are we going with this. 

I really have my doubts about next season and the players Rodgers ends up bringing in! 

Edited by sacreblueits442

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

You must have noticed that we've gone from getting the likes of Tielemans, Soyuncu etc in to now prioritising unambitious and limited value domestic transfers such as Perez and then Vestergaard and Ryan Bennett and now Lallana. It's pretty obvious. What's changed in that time?

Wouldn't say we are prioritising, this is trying to get in early ahead of potential rivals. Vestergaard I agree with, don't know why we looked at that, Bennett was always going to be a back-up behind quality players in a difficult window to trade.

Let's see what the summer brings with more time and knowledge of where we'll be Europe-wise.

He's a good signing on a free transfer. He was also a key part of the Liverpool team even under Klopp in the early years and he may have still been in their team if he hadn't had the injuries he's had. 

I think it's a no brainer as a free transfer. We wouldnt be taking much of a risk. 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

played more in those 3 years  than iheancho hasn’t he? and he’s the new messiah, apparently! Besides, West Ham don’t have the management structure that we have.

Iheanacho has made more than 38 appearances in 3 seasons I'd have thought. He is also about 8 years younger and is improving here, Lallana has 1 goal since Kaitlin Jenner still had a chopper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

We can't lose on this deal, doesn't work out or not we don't lose a penny. I think he'll just do fine to be fair. May spell the end though of Albrighton sadly. 

Well if we signed him on a 2 year deal that would probably be £20m on wages and sign on fee so we would lose more than a penny. 

We should sign him though...

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

If this is the Matty James/ mendy replacement... this is for sure an upgrade.

sorry Matty, love the guy but we need to move forward. 

He could keep them company at the Royal Infirmary.

Still a fantastic player and not being able to make Liverpools team is probably making him look a worse player than he actually is, baring in mind Liverpools quality this season is phenominal. 

Would be a great addition for Champions League..