Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mythyaar

Positives

Well things have been poor recently but we are 3rd and whatever people say about the standard it was all EPL clubs that played in both European finals last year with Man City missing out. Can put up an argument that Man City and Liverpool are the best 2 teams in Europe one being the current European and world Champions. Believe in the last 75 years we have managed 2 top 4 finishes so to be 3rd with 10 games to go and 5 points clear of 4th with a far superior GD suggests this is far better than our normal seasons. We have already reached one cup semi final and still in the other with a home game against lower league opposition. We have a state of the art training complex on a par with any club in the world opening very soon with a crop of young players on long contracts with the best club owners in the country along with one of the brightest managers in the country. So yes plenty of positives, Wilf is back and hopefully Vardy will be fit soon. Yes recently we have been poor so get behind the club and lets see how high we finish this season and how far we go in the FA cup

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mythyaar said:

Currently, we are 1/4 in betting to make top 4. Champs league football beckons. If you honestly believe we will capitulate to the extent that we don't qualify for the champions league, go and take the 3/1 we don't make top 4: easy hedge, and you can profit from being proved right.

Took it at 7s a few weeks back- it's one bet I'm hoping doesn't come in!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mythyaar said:

I've only been to 6 games this season, and we've lost every one of them. However, i've given my head a wobble, and shook out the negativity!

Currently, we are 1/4 in betting to make top 4. Champs league football beckons. If you honestly believe we will capitulate to the extent that we don't qualify for the champions league, go and take the 3/1 we don't make top 4: easy hedge, and you can profit from being proved right.

We've had a dip in form lately, and I'm not too enthused about some of the tactics at times either. But, deep breath, I really don't think the likes of Barnes, Chilwell, Tielmens, even Perez should be vilified to the extent that they have been on here. They've  helped to get us to where we are now: to attribute our success to Ndidi, Perreira, and Vardy alone is way too simplistic. Let's keep the faith with the players we have and kick on from here.

We may end up in 4th for a record low points tally for 4th. But that's still champs league football. We won the prem with 81 points and no-one was complaining then with that tally.

I for one never thought we'd see Champions League football again after that miracle (in my lifetime). It's now statistically more than likely to happen again, this season!

So let's regroup, kick on, and get that top 4 place. We aren't suddenly a bad team. And nor are any of our top 4 competitors exactly pulling up trees.

Keep the faith #positivity

Everyone should be positive, we are in a champions league place have played most of the top teams twice and have an 8 point buffer ffs.

Talk of dressing room disruption and sacked managers is ludicrous. They’ve got us into third, let’s give them a bit of time to turn this blip, and that’s all it is at the moment, a blip, around.

• Like 2

I agree it's all psychological. Some have lost all confidence. Loved seeing vardy and ndidi with the boxing gloves this morning. Hope they were passed around the whole team.  Good motivational boost and a good first social media post from one of the squad. They are coming back fighting!!!!

We have a very technically talented squad of players in which most of them still have plenty of room for improvement. If we keep the squad together and work on the fitness and mental aspects we'll be challenging for some sort of honors every year. Rodgers just needs to get the squad to relish pressure instead of fearing it.

• Like 1

Incredibly we still have an 8 point gap to 6th. Realistically 5 wins and a draw (65 points) should see us over the line, as Chelsea will have to significantly improve their form to overtake us and, in addition, 2 of the chasers will need to win 8 of their remaining 10 games (highly unlikely) to reach 66 points in order to push us out of the top 5! Although our own form has to improve, it doesn't have to do so dramatically as 4 wins 3 draws and 3 defeats (15 points from 10 games), 1.5 points per game, mid-table form, is all we need.

I take heart from what the NBCSN commentators in there US (Robbie & Kyle) said after the Norwich game.

Leicester are in a slump but seasons not over yet. They need to re-watch the games from 2019, Kasper 

and get up an go again before the chasing pack catches up! It's that simple.

If they do that champions league is theirs for the taking. No relying on anyone else it's in their hands.

N'didi is back, Vardy will be back soon, Kasper is back in form, Nachos is scoring we will have a full strength squad

to finish the season strong.

Brendan & Kolo just needs to light a red hot fire under their collective asses and start winning games

by hook or crook. We the fans don't care if its not sexy football just get the 3 points. 

Motivation, leadership and confidence is all we are lacking.

• Like 1