Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mythyaar

Positives

6 hours ago, Mythyaar said:

I've only been to 6 games this season, and we've lost every one of them. However, i've given my head a wobble, and shook out the negativity!

Currently, we are 1/4 in betting to make top 4. Champs league football beckons. If you honestly believe we will capitulate to the extent that we don't qualify for the champions league, go and take the 3/1 we don't make top 4: easy hedge, and you can profit from being proved right.

We've had a dip in form lately, and I'm not too enthused about some of the tactics at times either. But, deep breath, I really don't think the likes of Barnes, Chilwell, Tielmens, even Perez should be vilified to the extent that they have been on here. They've  helped to get us to where we are now: to attribute our success to Ndidi, Perreira, and Vardy alone is way too simplistic. Let's keep the faith with the players we have and kick on from here.

We may end up in 4th for a record low points tally for 4th. But that's still champs league football. We won the prem with 81 points and no-one was complaining then with that tally.

I for one never thought we'd see Champions League football again after that miracle (in my lifetime). It's now statistically more than likely to happen again, this season!

So let's regroup, kick on, and get that top 4 place. We aren't suddenly a bad team. And nor are any of our top 4 competitors exactly pulling up trees.

Keep the faith #positivity

Bloody Jonah 😁

I keep seeing "dip in form" and "lately". 

We haven't been good since Christmas. Since beating Villa 4-1 at the start of December, I'd say we've put in 4 or 5 good performances (out of 12 games league games).

To be fair considering we could be just 6 points clear within the next few hours, 7/2 not to finish top 4 is actually quite good odds in my opinion, given our form since December. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I keep seeing "dip in form" and "lately". 

We haven't been good since Christmas. Since beating Villa 4-1 at the start of December, I'd say we've put in 4 or 5 good performances (out of 12 games league games).

Thought I saw a number of positives in the Man City game, not saying we were all that great still, but if we played with that effort against Norwich the result would have been very different.

We've been without key players in a number of  different matches since Christmas and had a difficult run of fixtures but I think the difference between us now and then is we're not being ruthless and playing with high intensity against the kind of opponents we should be expecting to beat. We were giving the opposition no time on the ball even in their own half at one point, forcing mistakes. Now we seem to be taking all the speed out of our attacks by playing 25 passes when we win the ball and letting them get back into defensive positions

But I think we have to look at this as a long term project. Took Klopp 3 or 4 seasons to get things right (last season they were arguably as good as this season). We may have to accept it'll be steps forward 1 step back until the players are in place to match the style we are trying to play.

People say opposition are sussing us out, but I think there is more to it than that. On the pitch I dont think we are playing to the standard we were but I think this is because we're continuously trying to evolve the way we play on the pitch and think Rodgers is trying to develop a style so we can control the game against the majority of opponents. 

I just hope this run of games gets Top and Rudkin ready to finance players who'll help improve us fornnext season and help us realise our long term ambition in the summer, because I think the potential is there for a sustained European challenge in seasons to come, but we desperately need (among other things) someone to finally fill that Marhez shape hole on our right wing.

Just now, Tuna said:

And incredibly fortunate to still be there.

No we're there on merit because we've collected the third most amount of points this season. A positive in itself.

It's a team which is going through a crisis in confidence. We put our faith in the manager to find our way out of this and these young players deserve our patience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’re lucky the league is poor this year , lucky that our bad run hasn’t yet seen us drop out of the top 4. Perhaps the players thought the tough run of Wolves , Chelsea & Man City was ok to drop points (and it was) losing in the passive way we did to Norwich was not. The positive might be banging a few heads together and refocusing, regrouping and sorting this crap out. The thought of Harry Maguire scoring the winning goal on the last day and Man Utd leapfrogging us would be hard to take!

When I hear managers and players uttering inane voguish cop-out platitudes like “we’ll take the positives” or “we go again” after a defeat, it always gets me worried as it sounds like the reality is being ignored and complacency has set in.

I’d much rather hear them say that they played crap, it isn’t acceptable and that they are going to work their balls off in training to resolve the team’s problems etc etc.

As far as I can see, the way we have been playing for the past three months the negatives far outweigh the positives, and that’s what everyone should be focusing on in terms of acknowledging that they exist and trying to fix them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

When I hear managers and players uttering inane voguish cop-out platitudes like “we’ll take the positives” or “we go again” after a defeat, it always gets me worried as it sounds like the reality is being ignored and complacency has set in.

I’d much rather hear them say that they played crap, it isn’t acceptable and that they are going to work their balls off in training to resolve the team’s problems etc etc.

As far as I can see, the way we have been playing for the past three months the negatives far outweigh the positives, and that’s what everyone should be focusing on in terms of acknowledging that they exist and trying to fix them.

I totally agree! He is too passive sometimes and with the current form continuing I'd like to hear passion from him which the players would then hopefully follow.  His body language said he wasnt happy so say it too!

10 hours ago, Mythyaar said:

I've only been to 6 games this season, and we've lost every one of them. However, i've given my head a wobble, and shook out the negativity!

Currently, we are 1/4 in betting to make top 4. Champs league football beckons. If you honestly believe we will capitulate to the extent that we don't qualify for the champions league, go and take the 3/1 we don't make top 4: easy hedge, and you can profit from being proved right.

We've had a dip in form lately, and I'm not too enthused about some of the tactics at times either. But, deep breath, I really don't think the likes of Barnes, Chilwell, Tielmens, even Perez should be vilified to the extent that they have been on here. They've  helped to get us to where we are now: to attribute our success to Ndidi, Perreira, and Vardy alone is way too simplistic. Let's keep the faith with the players we have and kick on from here.

We may end up in 4th for a record low points tally for 4th. But that's still champs league football. We won the prem with 81 points and no-one was complaining then with that tally.

I for one never thought we'd see Champions League football again after that miracle (in my lifetime). It's now statistically more than likely to happen again, this season!

So let's regroup, kick on, and get that top 4 place. We aren't suddenly a bad team. And nor are any of our top 4 competitors exactly pulling up trees.

Keep the faith #positivity

Which games do you plan on going to in future

10 hours ago, Mythyaar said:

I've only been to 6 games this season, and we've lost every one of them

I've had a similar experience. Every time i have rubbed my lucky sosig before a game we have lost. :jawdrop:

So i have paired back on the rubbing in the hope that our form improves ... but dam it is hard!

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

And incredibly fortunate to still be there.

We are still 3rd,because we built a buffer,not because of any... fortune

so no matter how deep Tuna Dive to find fathoms of darkness...We are still 3rd.

still Qualifying for Europe...First aim und Ambition for This season...

Too many posters,out of Frustration and how fickle they are, forget...

We Don t have a conveyor Belt of Quality players,to cover any of our positions...Out of the Top 8 sides,We have the weakest on cover quality & experience

Our new generation of Stars are all 23 & under,and in their Real First season of mixing it,with experienced Top 4- 6 sides.

Its still our call, and in our hands ,to Finish in the Top 4...with Room to Play with....

If would hurt to Slip down to 5th,but our potential has risen,even under Puel...As a club even with all the moaning minnies of old & young plastics on this forum,with their  spite,their Lack of forethought & Eye on the bigger picture...We will have had 3 seasons in the Top 9....

Posters Coming out with absolute crap.."we lose so we played poor,or worst performances in the past 10 years"

Yes its frustrating we have lost the games we have...IMO, we have had even during this dodgy run, or seen over 28 games.Bellow expected committed performances in 3 to 4 matches.. Man.city,once.Liverpool Twice,Southampton home. The other draws or losses,were not brilliant,but besides the result were

enjoyable or ok games....

Besides our title year,we are still delivering worthwile performances....Whats funny and amazing these end results, the Frustration and glee are NOT happening in the championship, NOT Bottom PL 5-7. NOT Struggling to hold Low Middle table,NOT  out of place being consistent Top 7-9.

und Now earning top 6, WITH potential future Shots at Top 4...

Our First Real season in showing Top 6 potential,with its new collection of more Younger players mixed,with 4-5 experienced campaigners....

A couple more just has Basic cover,not expected long-term,long Run replacements.

And January Transfer window...No reason to Chase any Run of the mill players...Too Early to fight and throw out Money for Top Quality or potential.

And some bozos, have the Audacity to question Rodgers....!!!

My only question,but Not moaning,why havent we gave some gametime/benchtime to some of our developement/young Reserve players..!!!

• oh and again. We  are still Top 4..:scarf:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

I think we've lost our confidence, why, don't know.

Also I feel we are a lazy side, the pressing seems to have gone, players don't have options because others are working to find space.

But what I don't understand is the body language was awful after the goal Friday. they all walk back to halfway heads bowed, like they feel that is the way to react.

One or a couple should be going, who wants to play in The CL shop window, these lot have been poor but we have 25 mins, as the fans sang Friday, "Let's be having you", we're better than them, let's show them.  Sadly the opposite many of them vanished or made poor choices, and as the clock wasn't our friend we had the tiki a take back 4 as normal.

We need a Birmingham double in the next week+, Brendan put someone out there than can persuade them to "Let's be having you".  

We can still move on in the cup & close the top 4 story early with 4-5 wins out of the next 6 games, come on!!!!!

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

I understand your point but managers in the press have to be careful when to call out the squad. 

I find it interesting the players have barely been on social media this weekend. Suggests there’s been some harsh and deserved words behind the scenes. 

• Like 1