Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Champions League Points Required

Needs to be mathematically wrapped up by the time we play spurs or it’s over IMO. We couldn’t even stomach a two-legged semi final so we’d completely capitulate if we had to play two, basically, cup finals one after another. 

A lot of this depends on the other teams around us though and they can be just as shit as us on their day so it’s a massive lottery at the minute. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In view of the worsening effects of the Coronavirus I propose that all future Premier League fixtures be cancelled as of today and that the current league positions stand as final.

The only change to these standings would be if Manchester City are deducted, say, 20 points if found guilty of the current allegations against them.

i see this as the only safe way to ensure that (we get into the Champions League) the football going public are to survive this awful virus.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Manini said:

Needs to be mathematically wrapped up by the time we play spurs or it’s over IMO. We couldn’t even stomach a two-legged semi final so we’d completely capitulate if we had to play two, basically, cup finals one after another. 

A lot of this depends on the other teams around us though and they can be just as shit as us on their day so it’s a massive lottery at the minute. 

Needs to be wrapped up at the palace game. 2 tricky always follow with arsenal and Bournemouth then we all know how hard May will be like you say. 

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

62 - 4 wins will be enough. 

If we reach that figure Chelsea have to win 60% of their games, Man U/Wolves to win 70%, Spurs/Sheffield Utd to win 80%. 

Agree. 

The way i’m looking at it is the teams down to 7th to get 65 points which is why I think we’ll need will need to win 8/10 games. Lots of teams still have to play each other and all of the chasing pack bar wolves still have to play us as well. 

40 minutes ago, Bert said:

Agree. 

The way i’m looking at it is the teams down to 7th to get 65 points which is why I think we’ll need will need to win 8/10 games. Lots of teams still have to play each other and all of the chasing pack bar wolves still have to play us as well. 

you mean they'll have to win 8/10 ?

Thx to @ausfox,always an EOS interesting Topic.

I am sure everyone of us  look at the table,und every round After March do our head-arithmetic..

I am Too lazy...to put it On paper..!!

For me...it we have a Shakey finish,or cant halt this poor run, with Chelsea,who could also wobble....

Then I See Wolves & Manutd,being the Teams who can hold longer an unstained run..They would be our serious rivals.

If Spurs,click..Then their fixtures could also  be seen has light.....

We find any consistent positive form,then it stays in our hand,and to stop those Teams Dreaming of Squeezing themselves into "our" position.

The other thing to think about is as we move into the last 10 games the definition of ‘easy’ games changes.

The bottom 6 are fighting for every point to stay up, some are fighting for European places. Whilst the likes of Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Southampton become easier games as they aren’t really playing for anything.

The more games you have against the mid table teams the easier your run in.

• Like 2

For me securing the CL spot is about what we do in the next 3 fixtures. We play Villa, Watford and Brighton, all teams we have beaten in the reverse fixture and all teams we are more than capable of beating again. If we can get 9 points from those games, it will pretty much break the back of the qualification race as the chasing pack will have to secure a minimum of 8 points more than us in the remaining 7 fixtures, whilst a playing each other. I also fancy us to go on a run and pick up a few wins in quick succession once we get 3 points on the board.

The Norwich result and performance was a stinker but this is very much still in our hands, other teams are reliant on us dropping points to stand a chance. Throughout March we have a fantastic opportunity to pick up some good points and we need to make these fixtures count starting by beating Villa on Monday night. 

Premier League top four run-in: Who has the best and worst fixtures? Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham, Wolves?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/champions-league-run-in-man-utd-chelsea-tottenham-arsenal-leicester-wolves-a9373021.html

On 02/03/2020 at 17:21, fuchsntf said:

Thx to @ausfox,always an EOS interesting Topic.

I am sure everyone of us  look at the table,und every round After March do our head-arithmetic..

I am Too lazy...to put it On paper..!!

For me...it we have a Shakey finish,or cant halt this poor run, with Chelsea,who could also wobble....

Then I See Wolves & Manutd,being the Teams who can hold longer an unstained run..They would be our serious rivals.

If Spurs,click..Then their fixtures could also  be seen has light.....

We find any consistent positive form,then it stays in our hand,and to stop those Teams Dreaming of Squeezing themselves into "our" position.

Do you foresee us binning Brendan and reappointing Craig Shakespeare? Or Shakin' Stevens?

Whatever, we'll be going through the green door and into Europe - and when we arrive at Customs, like Oscar Wilde, we'll have nothing to declare but our genius.

Dilly Ding, Dilly Dong! We're all going on a European tour! (well, I know you're already there, as an advance party)...

(The sun is out. Time to be cheerful)

On 02/03/2020 at 13:49, Wolfox said:

I think we’ll have a little run and the be relatively relaxed with 3 or 4 games to go…. The odds against us muffing this up are pretty remote…

Starting with Villa Monday please!

I can’t understand how you can say this given the last two months. Frankly I cannot see where a win is coming from. We are playing now like one of the worst teams in the league. 

What catalyst are we seeing that will turn things around?

We've lost to Norwich, Burnley, Southampton & Villa over two legs in a fashion that indicates we’ve ‘gone’.

Unless Rodgers grasps the nettle and drops the under performing players which are totally handicapping us in our play (namely Chilwell - now obvious to everyone I would have thought & Perez who seemingly loses the ball in 8 /10 forward moves) we will struggle to change things for the better.  

Ffs, do this Rodgers and play Ian and Vards as a pair and we will be golden. 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

35 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I can’t understand how you can say this given the last two months. Frankly I cannot see where a win is coming from. We are playing now like one of the worst teams in the league.

Because I’m of a generally sunny and optimistic disposition 

What catalyst are we seeing that will turn things around?

Rainbows and gummy bears 🐻 

• Haha 1

On 02/03/2020 at 18:11, Aus Fox said:

Update after Saturday games:

Team    Max.    2pts.     1.5pts        av.

Leicester  80        70         65        1.8

Chelsea    75        65         60        1.6

Man Utd   72        62         57         1.5

Wolves      70        61        55        1.5

Spurs        68        59        54         1.4

Sheff Utd  73        63        58         1.5

On 02/03/2020 at 09:09, Cardiff_Fox said:

I've cracked the numbers this morning. 

Based on form of last 5, 

Leicester 60

Man U 58

Wolves 58

Spurs 58

Sheffield Utd 58

Chelsea 57

Based on form of last 10:

Leicester 61

Man U 59

Chelsea 58

Wolves 57

Sheffield U 56

Spurs 54

Will update after Monday - but for the first time in a while, based on last 5 game form Sheff United would pass us 

Despite a quite awful run of form, we are miraculously still in the box seat. Our fate will, therefore, be determined by our results, not those of the chasing pack. Crucially, our recent demise has coincided with Vardy's injury-influenced goal drought. For me, our destiny hangs on the fitness of our talisman over the next 10 games.

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Will update after Monday - but for the first time in a while, based on last 5 game form Sheff United would pass us 

Add Chelsea to that as well - including their last 10 games on form as well

2 hours ago, FOXSE said:

Sheffield United have a very tricky April....

True

Newcastle a

Man United a

Spurs h

Burnley a

Wolves h 

Chelsea h