Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Slimani - Get him back in

1 hour ago, leicester4life said:

I don't get it, kelechi was poor up front on his own, so was slimani, but kel gets a pass cause of slimanis bad attitude and big fee, wasn't kel 25 million as well? All of the complaints about how he doesn't play like Vardy are from all the people saying we need a plan b, it's not like slimani can strap a pair of rockets to his thighs and fly past centre halves. I do think they could function well as a pair though, but Brendan seems determined to play 3 in midfield to create sod all

Neither are anywhere near good enough at this level. It’s time for people to stop kidding themselves that they are

We need to hope Vardy gets back soon.

Why on earth Brenda didn’t buy another striker, God only knows

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Neither are anywhere near good enough at this level. It’s time for people to stop kidding themselves that they are

We need to hope Vardy gets back soon.

Why on earth Brenda didn’t buy another striker, God only knows

Probably because we couldn’t afford one 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Slimani wasn't worth the money 3 years ago....and he certainly doesn't seem to have improved in that time

Worrying that we get one injury up top and suddenly we revert to a player we've been trying to sell for the past 2 seasons and we haven't been able to ....because no-one else wants him!

Hold on a minute that’s not fair..... Newcastle were very interested in signing Slim until Joelinton became available for the bargain fee of 40million 

9 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Hold on a minute that’s not fair..... Newcastle were very interested in signing Slim until Joelinton became available for the bargain fee of 40million 

The year we signed slimani we could have had:

benteke for £31 million

morata for £30 million

or hulk for the combined £55 million

1 minute ago, leicester4life said:

The year we signed slimani we could have had:

benteke for £31 million

morata for £30 million

or hulk for the combined £55 million

Not sure what the argument here is, as I probably could have caught the clap for even less, but I didn't want that either...   

:S

Slimani suffers in comaprison to Vardy but Vardy is an elite striker. There's no shame in that.

Slimani had a reasonably good goals record in 2016/17. On a par with Ulloa and better than Nugent and Iheanacho.

He was a lot more mobile back then too. Though still a threat on Sunday it was a bit sad watching how his fitness levels have plummeted so much. 

I'd expect the next few games he plays will go along the same lines and that will be that. It will be a relief to us when the contract ends.

59 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Thought Slimani looked good when he came on. Looked strong, fit and his first touch was great. Will be banging in the goals on thursday mark my words, the Europa was made for him. 

You can’t be serious. His touch was well off, and he is definitely not fit yet.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2020 at 15:34, Col city fan said:

I remain astounded that someone who cost as much as he did, and being paid a kings ransom every week, can let himself go in the way Slimani has. He’s fat and slow and looks like he would struggle to play in the MLS or even the Aussie A league

What a completely insane waste of money by a club who usually manages its purse strings pretty well.

Utterly utterly stealing a living this bloke 

lol

Based on less than 30 minutes? Jesus this place is the pits.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Strokes said:

lol

Based on less than 30 minutes? Jesus this place is the pits.

Not going to argue he contributed anything, but he didn't even look slow or fat to me. I mean, you can see from the training ground pics he's not remotely fat, and if anything he was suprisingly quick over the first few yards.

No idea how you could make a value judgement based on that appearance, unless of course you'd already made your mind up and can't help with the embarrassing need to get an 'I told you so' in as early as possible.

Edited by turtmcfly
I wrote 'It's bizarre'. It's not bizarre, it's human beings.
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Not going to argue he contributed anything, but he didn't even look slow or fat to me. I mean, you can see from the training ground pics he's not remotely fat, and if anything he was suprisingly quick over the first few yards.

No idea how you could make a value judgement based on that appearance, unless of course you'd already made your mind up and can't help with the embarrassing need to get an 'I told you so' in as early as possible.

Spot on, I thought he looked sharp and keen. Sure not a lot came off for him but it was from an awful cameo. Ineffective yes but awful not at all.

Think people are being unfair about Slim's performance. Yes, he made a mess of latching onto one through ball but that is not his strength and he's clearly going to be a bit rusty anyway.

To get the best out of him we clearly need to whip balls into the box for him to attack with his head and we did very little of that when he was on, even when we had the chance to. Nevertheless he put himself about and laid in Barnes for a reasonable shooting chance on the edge of the box. For a spell after he and Maddison came on we started to look more dangerous.

I think Slim offers more than Nacho as the main striker. Nacho is a support striker. Neither are great of course but money seems to be tight so there was none left over to bring in a better quality back up for Vards. Fingers crossed the great man will be back soon.

• Like 2

How anyone can say he looked sharp is beyond me. We’re you watching a completely different game?! He looked slow and clumbersome. His first touch was appalling. He didn’t offer any threat whatsoever. I would sooner look to the under 23’s than play him. Shocking footballer

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, frany104 said:

How anyone can say he looked sharp is beyond me. We’re you watching a completely different game?! He looked slow and clumbersome. His first touch was appalling. He didn’t offer any threat whatsoever. I would sooner look to the under 23’s than play him. Shocking footballer

I can’t work our whether @Strokes is on the wind up?

Sharp and keen??!!

Staggering. I assume it’s a joke

Rodgers made it difficult for him by not putting on Under or Albrighton at the same time, but he shouldn't have let him on the pitch in the first place.

If we had to play him because he's now realised that Perez/Barnes/Iheancho aren't going to score goals without Vardy on the pitch then I hope they have someone lined up for January.