Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Slimani - Get him back in

We are going to have to believe in Both Nacho & Slimani..!!!

Vardy wont be playing in the next two games,Plus if/when he returns he wont be then  playing every game.

We Need These two,Plus Barnes & Another WB to start to take hold of games....we dont have anybody Else back in the Changing room

We dont have anybody Else other,than Maddison,Tielemans,Praet,Mendy,who can Keep that high Quality needed to push for top 8-6th.

Ricardo,Ndidi, Now Soyu & Vardy returning at different times,will need gametime.

we the fans & Club have put pressure on ouselves, in the Quest to realise a Top 6 consistency..

This Squad despite Quality additions,is still lacking in Quality Front men, Another quality CB & One more above average midfielder.

We Dont have above avg. Cover, when we take 3-4 injuries. When 3-4 Player are missing from our Top 13 we are fukked.

our squad choices from 13-25 has not in 4 years improved in quality

We cant Cover that hard Program of nonsense internationals,forcing our Top Players into ridiculous Short Game schedules.

Not Rodgers,but our Recruitment team,before Corona, & since have failed to delivered enough  Player Ressources to Aspire to a consistent Top 6 placing.

Our developement Coaching & Management team have not delivered enough young players to cover & support the First team,since our promotion.I

Both Puel, Now Rodgers want to Play nice, controlled possesion football,but we Keep Falling  on our arse,either because we dont convert,or Next game we

Sit & shit,without even creating chances...

Now this Next point I Dont have  an answer,but I have Bundles of Frustration in 3 players,that if they could realise their potential,they

coul pull us along,when we are struggling & fullfill their and succeed in theirs & our aspirations.

They are Barnes who could & should Pull us through games,like our last 2 home games....This must be his season...

The same could be said for Gray,who should be able to come Off the Bench consistently & be that something extra for B.Rodgers.

The other is Perez...he should be our hidden gem,but its not all his fault,

like Gray he has been asked to Play unfamiliar rolls, & tasks and not in their own strong position.

Now we come to Slimani, for him to serve this Team property and to his strengths BR has to have a real Plan B,und forget the Vardy Rhetoric & system.

Slim might be able to Play with Vardy,but thats for another day. To get the best out of Slimani...he needs either,  Under/Gray/Albrighton with Maddison to be

the suppliers & Space makers. If worked on Barnes & he can Work together,both has Water carriers, or Outlet for each other.I

I am missing since Pearson,Maybe Ranieri seeing a manager/Coach try to create organise,develope 1-2 forward partnerships.Our forwards all seem to be individuals instead of formed, coached disciplined teammates. Too much seems Left to coincidence,than real understanding...

ie...Barnes/Vardy/Maddison....or today. Barnes/Nacho/Perez.  Adding Tielemans and Praet who are Not automatically meshing with the 3 Front players.

I believe B.Rodgers is the man...injuries & Youth are mittigating circumstances,but through a season,not a Complete final excuse...

It is his job to get the best out of a Choice of Barnes.Slimani,Nacho Perez,&  Under has our Strike force,with Maddison & Tielemans has their providers.

If Vardy become a regular injury worry....and until December I See Slimani & Barnes as The players that need to deliver,through at least half of our season,they have to Take pressure Off our midfield & Defense by converting and Being  Good Quality pressure outlets..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

We looked a bit more urgent in our play when he came on. Much more so than we did with Kelechi.

The big drawback was his fitness levels. He's really let himself go. Considering he's out of contract soon it's not a good sign for him when he most certainly leaves us.

Slimani really isn’t what we need.

When he came on, we seemed more willing to cross into the box rather than play through, but as our only target, he won’t get much joy.

His passing and link up play was poor, but to be fair to him, he hasn’t played with our team, and some of it can be put down to him being rusty.

However, the glaring problem for me was just how immobile he is.

I was watching him off the ball, and he rarely even broke into a light jog. He seems lazy and sluggish.

He still has strength, but unless the ball goes pretty much straight to him, he just doesn’t get there.

Most Premier League defenders will gobble up anything before he even touches it

Playing balls in behind will be a complete waste of time, he won’t keep up with play if we break quickly, he won’t pressure defenders into losing the ball, and he won’t track back.

Bringing him on for iheanacho, and Choudhury for Mendy cost us the game last night. We may not have won it, but we wouldn’t have lost it.

• Like 1

Just now, City1884 said:

Slimani really isn’t what we need.

When he came on, we seemed more willing to cross into the box rather than play through, but as our only target, he won’t get much joy.

His passing and link up play was poor, but to be fair to him, he hasn’t played with our team, and some of it can be put down to him being rusty.

However, the glaring problem for me was just how immobile he is.

I was watching him off the ball, and he rarely even broke into a light jog. He seems lazy and sluggish.

He still has strength, but unless the ball goes pretty much straight to him, he just doesn’t get there.

Most Premier League defenders will gobble up anything before he even touches it

Playing balls in behind will be a complete waste of time, he won’t keep up with play if we break quickly, he won’t pressure defenders into losing the ball, and he won’t track back.

Bringing him on for iheanacho, and Choudhury for Mendy cost us the game last night. We may not have won it, but we wouldn’t have lost it.

Did we really??? :dunno:

• Like 1

I remain astounded that someone who cost as much as he did, and being paid a kings ransom every week, can let himself go in the way Slimani has. He’s fat and slow and looks like he would struggle to play in the MLS or even the Aussie A league

What a completely insane waste of money by a club who usually manages its purse strings pretty well.

Utterly utterly stealing a living this bloke 

Think its harsh on Gray that Slimani is on the bench instead of him. At least Gray has made a contribution to the club the past couple years, now he can't get in the team but Slim can just waltz in? I know they play different positions but if we need someone to replace Kelechi upfront you could play Perez there.  

It's poor man management the way we're treating Gray just because he wants to run down his contract. I'm not his biggest fan but i'd back him to make a better impact off the bench than Slimani.

• Haha 1

The piss he boils of our own fans is in the nautical leagues, clearly. Slim would be infamous & feared by other teams if he got a run together. Given the circumstances it's probably worth considering too we've thrown him in when there aren't any of his own fans to boo him in his first 25min cameo for two and a half years.

If he's our player he deserves support. If he's the wrong choice to play over Nacho(because Vardy is injured) then blame the manager.

Both Nacho and Slim need to play in a two up front partnership. Neither is fast enough to play as a lone striker, but both are good at holding up and laying off (more so Nacho). Can't imagine either is full of confidence at the moment though.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

In fairness hes not much more shit than Nacho,mr anonymous himself.

Give over. He’s awful. Nacho wasn’t bad at all last night. It not his fault he’s got nothing around him. He didn’t lose the ball at all last night. Slimani on the other hand....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That was his first game since March but I can't believe how out of condition he looked. Surely the Club has Contract clauses covering this.

I expected his touch to be off but was surprised how out of condition he looked. He has some serious Gym work to do, unfortunately we may need him to play in the meantime.

Or maybe we should be using Gray or Peroz in the middle while Slims gains fitness. 

Couldn’t really blame Slimani much yesterday when he came on, there were times he was pointing where he wanted the ball putting when there was a chance of a cross, and it never came, we passed backwards and sideways and let Villa get into shape.

We can’t really blame Nacho either when he is having to come deep for the ball and once he does get it he is 35 yards from goal, it doesn’t really matter who is upfront when the Midfield are creating next to nothing and sitting so so deep.

Think the issues are than just injuries, I think some of the players are not enjoying this pass at the back and keep possession at all costs style of play, the tempo is slow their body language on the pitch shows this.

Also this style of play at times stifles what we used to be good at which was a high press and fast counter high up the pitch, which is now non existent.

• Like 1

I don't get it, kelechi was poor up front on his own, so was slimani, but kel gets a pass cause of slimanis bad attitude and big fee, wasn't kel 25 million as well? All of the complaints about how he doesn't play like Vardy are from all the people saying we need a plan b, it's not like slimani can strap a pair of rockets to his thighs and fly past centre halves. I do think they could function well as a pair though, but Brendan seems determined to play 3 in midfield to create sod all

• Like 4

Slimani wasn't worth the money 3 years ago....and he certainly doesn't seem to have improved in that time

Worrying that we get one injury up top and suddenly we revert to a player we've been trying to sell for the past 2 seasons and we haven't been able to ....because no-one else wants him!

• Like 1