Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Slimani - Get him back in

Its sad that our striking options have come down to this.

There are reasons why he hasn't played for 100 games, going back cap-in-hand to Slimani just shows how desperate things have got.

Not the worst striker ever but we're clearly playing him because we can't get rid and we have no other options.

Edited by Vestan Pance

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Newcastle and Fenerbahce fans would disagree 

I'm still not buying it.  The reason certain players look trash in our team is because we basically ignore certain players strengths or even worse, don't play to them.  We play the "Vardy" way even if Vardy isn't in the team!  Like I've said before we are one trick ponies and that's because Rodgers doesn't have a clue how to play otherwise.  

If you bring Slimani on chasing a game or wanting to win a game, you also bring on players who can give him the service to play to his strengths.  But no, let's continue to play long balls into channels hoping that Slimani, or Nacho, can run like Vardy can.  Its  nonsense and amateur hour stuff.

I genuinely can't remember the last time I saw a team play who are as one dimensional  as we are.  We have one way to play and thats it.  If that doesn't work, then take the L and try it again next week.  

And all we do as city fans is sit and blame players who don't fit the one way system like its all their fault.  

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The reality was that Slimani when he came on was absolutely bloody awful. He genuinely DID look like a Veteran.

Dont forget boys and girls, this bloke cost our club nearly 30 million quid and an awful lot of wages. 
I’ve said it before, regarding value for money, he’s got to be about City’s worst ever signing.
Absolutely stealing a living

I'm not going to pretend he's ever been brilliant for us, but people seem to be totally ignoring that he won't have played any football since March. He's clearly lacking match sharpness.

• Like 1

No worse than Iheanacho, no better either.

I said in a transfer thread I’m one of Slimani’s biggest critics and (apparently) ‘hate’ him but I’d give him another chance purely based on the fact we seemed to refuse going for another attacking option/striker and wow we need him more than ever now.

It’s about playing to suit him though, something that seems we refuse to alter.

38 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The reality was that Slimani when he came on was absolutely bloody awful. He genuinely DID look like a Veteran.

Dont forget boys and girls, this bloke cost our club nearly 30 million quid and an awful lot of wages. 
I’ve said it before, regarding value for money, he’s got to be about City’s worst ever signing.

I don’t often agree with you but you’re spot on.

6 hours ago, ealingfox said:

He's definitely benefitting from the tendency our fans have to rate players more and more highly the longer they are absent from the team. I give it 25 minutes back in the team before he's being slaughtered and called a cvnt again.

:appl:

33 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I'm still not buying it.  The reason certain players look trash in our team is because we basically ignore certain players strengths or even worse, don't play to them.  We play the "Vardy" way even if Vardy isn't in the team!  Like I've said before we are one trick ponies and that's because Rodgers doesn't have a clue how to play otherwise.  

If you bring Slimani on chasing a game or wanting to win a game, you also bring on players who can give him the service to play to his strengths.  But no, let's continue to play long balls into channels hoping that Slimani, or Nacho, can run like Vardy can.  Its  nonsense and amateur hour stuff.

I genuinely can't remember the last time I saw a team play who are as one dimensional  as we are.  We have one way to play and thats it.  If that doesn't work, then take the L and try it again next week.  

And all we do as city fans is sit and blame players who don't fit the one way system like its all their fault.  

There is a reason he is still here after being made publicly available for loan by the manager.

47 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Agreed. He looked out of place, with his inability to control a ball confidently, shaky 5 yard passes, and general lack of mobility. Not what we've come to expect at this level. He's just not ever going to be good enough. Face like a slapped arse to boot.