Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Slimani - Get him back in

9 hours ago, deep blue said:

Do you really believe this to be the case? My memory of the Bournemouth match - but I may be having a memory glitch - is that we were all over them in the first half but missed chances, then Rodgers brought off Iheanacho and our game fell apart.

5 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well, his appearances and minutes have dropped off ever since that game. Is there any other conclusion to be made, or am I misreading the situation?

No, you didn’t misread the situation. 
Rodgers screwed up tactically in that game and tried to use Iheanacho as a scapegoat.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He will give us an Ariel presence. That goal he scored was V Burnley or West Ham? Is was sensational. 

West Ham

His last goal for us vs Huddersfield was sublime, his performance that day was spot on and then Puel binned him off on loan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Am I right in thinking that we’ve already missed the boat to register him for the Europa League?

Yes that's right. We've already passed the deadline for the group stages and we didn't register him for that. He could still be available for the knockout stages though if all goes well for him (and us!) as there's a separate registration window for that.

For this reason, I think that (assuming Vardy is unable to play any part today) there is a fairly high likelihood of Slimani featuring today since he can't play on Thursday in the EL. He's must have about zero match fitness so I can't see him starting though

• Like 1