Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

8 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Exclusive: A Premier League club is testing all its players for #coronavirus after three players displayed symptoms. 

The league is under huge pressure to cancel matches, rather than simply play behind closed doors. 

Report by @JBurtTelegraph

this reporter covers Leicester a lot

😮

Managers press conferences are from 1.30pm so hopefully we will find out more?!

Guest Cujek
1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

With the exception of Liverpool winning the league, I'd be very happy with the current table being the final league standings and starting whole new season when it's safe to do so. We'll be in the Champions League, Villa relegated and Big Nige having kept Watford up. Just end the league and start the new campaign when we can. Up the City!

they will never do this, the whole season will be voided.

can you imagine if we was Watford Bournmouth or Villa?

all have a chance to stay up or go down, all it takes is a few good results, what would have happened if this happened in the great escape season, we would just have been relegated.

the season will be voided, it will never be completed with the table as it stands, it would be unjustifiable to do so.

the only exception could be that it is finished as current position but with no relegation, but then you would have the likes of Leeds, WBA and who ever else has a chance of promotion suing the premier league, there are literally no winners, apart from Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Cancel Euro 2020

Cancel International Friendlies

Cancel current Champions League

Cancel current Europa League

Undecided if current Premier League should be cancelled

Just personally speaking I agree with the majority of those cancellations. I personally always care far more about Leicester City than ever I do about the Euros, World Cups or any international football. By cancelling those events and albeit delayed, it would allow the domestic football season to be extended somewhat and fairly decide the various outcomes if it becomes necessary. 

If Liverpool were to be handed the title now, I think most reasonably minded people would accept it because they are so far ahead. However, European and relegation places are all to play for. Could you imagine the melt down if the biased powers that be decided to have a 2nd to 8th place play off competition so their beloved Man Utd and Spurs stood a better chance of qualifying! The relegation issue too is also worth millions and in some cases have huge consequences to the future of some clubs. Domestic football for me personally is of the utmost priority against any other form.

13 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Exclusive: A Premier League club is testing all its players for #coronavirus after three players displayed symptoms. 

The league is under huge pressure to cancel matches, rather than simply play behind closed doors. 

It'll most likely be a London PL club as that's where the most sustained community transmission seems to be. Either way which club it is probably isn't going to make a difference to whatever happens to the PL

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Normally there Twitter activity about the press conference coming up. 

nothing so far

Geoff is there to speak to Kasper at the moment? I doubt that'd be going ahead.

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

It'll most likely be a London PL club as that's where the most sustained community transmission seems to be. Either way which club it is probably isn't going to make a difference to whatever happens to the PL

Can you explain how you've come to that conclusion? Why would it being a London club not make any difference to the PL.

39 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Cancel Euro 2020

Cancel International Friendlies

Cancel current Champions League

Cancel current Europa League

Undecided if current Premier League should be cancelled

Don't cancel it just postpone it.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Announcing our team early gives the opposition time to alter its plan and gives them an advantage.

SfE is a ****ing idiot.

Didn't do much good for Villa did it. I'm sure Pep will be on twitter look at SFE twitter feed 2 hours before kick off.

52 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Let's not piss about here. It will absolutely, categorically, 100%, without a doubt be.... SPURS!

2 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

Didn't do much good for Villa did it. I'm sure Pep will be on twitter look at SFE twitter feed 2 hours before kick off.

That’s being wise after the event 

perhaps they prepared both four and five at the back and decided on four as they had info we were vardyless 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

That’s being wise after the event 

perhaps they prepared both four and five at the back and decided on four as they had info we were vardyless 

I just don't see it as a big deal, besides it's Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall that leaks it.

26 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Can you explain how you've come to that conclusion? Why would it being a London club not make any difference to the PL.

I mean whether or not the club in question is Leicester or a London club, the implications on all upcoming PL matches will be similar. If it comes back positive, said club's game won't go ahead this weekend, but also whichever club they played a few days ago, as well as any club with players that interacted with them outside of football, they will all have to be put into quarantine. Maybe it will only affect two games this weekend, but if it has infected PL players I can't see the PL continuing into next weekend and the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

Apparently it's Arsenal. I'm guessing following the Olympiacos link and the owner.