Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

For now games continue as they are, the government are continuing the mantra they think washing your hands is more important than staying away from people.

Not really true but I understand the approach, as the moment we go into lockdown things will not be pleasant.  I do understand the desire to avoid panic and to maintain positive thinking as long as possible.

57 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

For now games continue as they are, the government are continuing the mantra they think washing your hands is more important than staying away from people.

Not really true but I understand the approach, as the moment we go into lockdown things will not be pleasant.  I do understand the desire to avoid panic and to maintain positive thinking as long as possible.

you have that information from the ‘inside’ ??

i think they are desperate to delay the outbreak here as long as they possibly can and to make it as shallow as possible to avoid overloading the NHS beyond its capability ....

I expect the opposite and its the main reason I’m actually coming this evening - I may not get to use my Watford tickets this Saturday ! 

Looks likely  all football matches will be played behind closed doors from next weekend 

Tickets for the FA cup 1/4 finals have already been delayed in being announced owing to the meeting of Cobra today 

Our team thrives at home on our atmosphere and away from home we pride ourselves on our work rate , closing down and making is hard for teams and as such we often take that home teams crowd often out of the equation 

so how do we think we will cope with empty stadiums ? 

Edited by LinekersLugs

Just now, LinekersLugs said:

Looks likely  all football matches will be played behind closed doors from next weekend 

Our team thrives at home on our atmosphere and away from home we pride ourselves on our work rate , closing down and making is hard for teams and as such we often take that home teams crowd often out of the equation 

so how do we think we will cope with empty stadiums ? 

We’ll start winning again.

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

you have that information from the ‘inside’ ??

i think they are desperate to delay the outbreak here as long as they possibly can and to make it as shallow as possible to avoid overloading the NHS beyond its capability ....

I expect the opposite and its the main reason I’m actually coming this evening - I may not get to use my Watford tickets this Saturday ! 

I was just thinking the same - wishing I had got a ticket for tonight as it’s probably going to be the last chance for a while.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Is there any chance of it being behind closed doors tonight? 

Not sure why they'd say "all matches to be played behind closed doors, starting from next weekend".

They have to give some notice 

you need to give people a few days foresight of a change (unless you are actually introducing a lock down )

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Remember the Croatia V England game in the Nations League behind closed doors? Was hardly worth watching, will be rubbish.

Might as well just skip to the end of the season if it’s going to be the same as that snooze fest 

7 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

If the death rate on a cruise ship is 1% or 2.4%, bearing in mind that cruise ship populations are heavily skewed to towards the elderly, then the rate for the population as a whole should be much less.

Which is countered by the fact that they'll all receive prompt and thorough medical care, which won't be the case when the health care systems of any heavily-impacted country are overwhelmed and collapse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Remember the Croatia V England game in the Nations League behind closed doors? Was hardly worth watching, will be rubbish.

To be fair, that’s pretty much any England game. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Is there any point banning public gatherings at football if they are going to allow workplaces and shops to stay open?

But it is about diminishing percentages. 30 thousand people in a closed environment will have a far higher percentage chance of people being infected than by closing shops.

The friendly internationals should be cancelled now. Absolutely no reason for them to go ahead.

The government seems desperate to keep things going as they are but only time will tell if that is a complacent attittude or correct. Just now only drastic action seems to stem the virus. The 1918/19 flu pandemic lasted nearly two years there is  every chance this may go on for many more months yet.