Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

11 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I think leagues should continue, whether the games are to be played at the original or at new, neutral venues isn't really the point.

Ideally, regular home and away games should carry on, traveling will be involved for at least one team, anyway.

Not overly happy that different leagues have called it quits already. The whole "no relegation" scenario leaves a bitter taste. I feel for the teams in the divisions below that cannot get promotion now. And in the other cases where relegation has been forced, I feel for the clubs that have now been kicked down the latter, even though they would've stood a chance if the remaining games had been played.

The game must go on. If teams are forced to field weaker squads due to still ongoing infection cases, so be it. Gives more youth players the chance to shine.

In a life without any proper football on you realize what you're missing.

Totally agree...

Will be interesting when the German Bundesliga kommendes this weekend..

I wonder if UK & rest of Europe will be able to follow the games and rest of the season stories...

UK-Sky Live games,then Highlights in one of the terrestrial channels..??

Though no matter when the various National Top leagues begin, players,staff and other their Health and safety must be paramount.

Even without fans..10000s will be involved,during any given Full fixture weekend...The sport should Not just become a forced whim for bored supporters..!

https://www.espn.com/soccer/german-bundesliga/story/4092930/german-bundesliga-resumes-after-coronavirus-outbreak-what-matchdayplayer-testing-and-safety-will-look-like

19 hours ago, Super_horns said:

It's all being rushed through because UEFA want nations to decide what they are going to do by May 25th so they can sort out their own European competitions.

Again a bit of self interest there ..

Like I have mentioned...The individual National FAs & clubs,should tell UEFA,where they can Stick it...Fans and the clubs,help to pay for 'their' exsistance,Not the otherway around..!!   Ditto for FiFA,if they put our scurulous demands..!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Police apparenrly decided games can be played at own grounds. Personally think that's risky with the number of idiots around. But puts football a step closer i guess

I think it's the correct decision you can't live by the behaviour of idiots, look at those ignoring the lock down rules doesn't mean we should make them tighter.

Only one team will have to travel as well. You'll need security/police at all matches whether they're on neutral grounds or not and at least this ensures the costs are spread around rather than on a few councils. The home medical team and emergency facilities will be as normal and again the responsibility will be equally shared.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Police apparenrly decided games can be played at own grounds. Personally think that's risky with the number of idiots around. But puts football a step closer i guess

I still don't understand why people think that supporters will stand in a group outside a ground not being able to see the football in contravention of the law and possibly endangering their health when they could sit at home and watch the match live. I know people are stupid but that would be incredible.

Edited by Guest

The only genuine way of completing the season is to have all involved on a separate island and tested in isolation. No one in or out and train. Ideally an island only accessible by boat or train. 9/10 games 3 days between games 30 days sorted :p

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

The only genuine way of completing the season is to have all involved on a separate island and tested in isolation. No one in or out and train. Ideally an island only accessible by boat or train. 9/10 games 3 days between games 30 days sorted :p

135,000 refugees reached Europe by sea - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think it's the correct decision you can't live by the behaviour of idiots, look at those ignoring the lock down rules doesn't mean we should make them tighter.

Only one team will have to travel as well. You'll need security/police at all matches whether they're on neutral grounds or not and at least this ensures the costs are spread around rather than on a few councils. The home medical team and emergency facilities will be as normal and again the responsibility will be equally shared.

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

I still don't understand why people think that supporters will stand in a group outside a ground not being able to see the football in contravention of the law and possibly endangering their health when they could sit at home and watch the match live. I know people are stupid but that would be incredible.

You both make good points, but having watched people completely ignore the regulations for VE Day, I don't trust the idiots of the world. I genuinely hope I'm surprised. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

You both make good points, but having watched people completely ignore the regulations for VE Day, I don't trust the idiots of the world. I genuinely hope I'm surprised. 

Oh there will be idiots but they'll be some at neutral grounds as well and probably a few that aren't even interested in football just looking for trouble.

27 minutes ago, FIF said:

..i am surprised at your naivety!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If this happens I will definitely have some sympathy for workers such as hairdressers who are waiting until July at the earliest - they will argue that you can have all those people on a pitch yet you can't have one-on-one hairdressing. I know the testing makes the 2 situations different but it will definitely feel a bit strange.

14 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Dude, I have personally faced a crippling disease (even potentially terminal), but as much as I love football I do not want to watch it over the graves of avoidable deaths. Perhaps those of us who have been close to losing our lives realize its value more than most. Our collective entertainment is not worth a life (or lives). Find something else to do or read a good book.

If its done safely those deaths will be avoided.

There is no zero risk scenario, thats unrealistic, there is risk of death from playing football even with no virus, we had a footballer die that played for us that I still remember.  With proper procedures in place professional sport played outside can have a risk level comparable to pre covid19.

I have a question though.

If e.g. we never manage to make a vaccine or effective cure, do you think football should become history?

If yes do you apply the same reasoning to pubs, cinemas etc which are all vastly higher risk.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Good, hopefully clubs will stop moaning about "integrity", fans will behave responsibly (the majority will) and we can finish the season as close to how it has been played as possible.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I’m fairly sure the roads will be blocked off anyway.... and almost certain no-one will be able to get within 100 yards of our ground. There are 4(?) ways in to our ground which can be easily blocked. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’m fairly sure the roads will be blocked off anyway.... and almost certain no-one will be able to get within 100 yards of our ground. There are 4(?) ways in to our ground which can be easily blocked. 

I'd go through the old  Filbert street site  catacoumbes and tunnels....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Tbh the big teams have fans all over the place so even neutral grounds might have not been perfect.

There will be a few idiots out and about though.

I predict there will be more idiots on the streets of Leicester when Liverpool win the the League than there will be when Leicester finally win the FA cup😉

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

:thumbup:  Over to you Richard …..

image.png.69823322cf22461b57c8423464ff8401.png

• Haha 1

Guest ttfn

I can’t wait to see what Brighton, Aston Villa and West Ham manage to pull out next from their box of tricks:

Too hot to play in the summer?

Not the same without the fans?

Not fair that some teams have more game BCD than others?

No relegation if they ask really nicely?

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm willing to put money on Liverpool fans turning up outside/around the ground when they win the league.

Me too.

Then when it's pointed out I'll double up on them claiming it was Everton fans.

18 minutes ago, MattP said:

Me too.

Then when it's pointed out I'll double up on them claiming it was Everton fans.

Everton play Liverpool in the first game don't they?

We have heard of the no look pass or shot.

Now the no look tackle!

Edited by Super_horns