Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the club consider Luke Thomas to be almost ready to be the long term left back here. With Justin and Castagne more than capable of playing LB/LWB as can Fuchs when he returns and not forgetting our best player in Ricardo. I wonder if Castagne is being signed with Ricardo very likely to be the next high value asset moving on next summer for huge money. Makes sense.

Ricky P is never leaving 😭

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Was about to post that. Broke into the Genk side around the same time as Wilf. That and playing with Youri and Dennis would definitely help settle him in.

Yes . Help him forget about Spurs - that club is a nest of vipers and the ground is located in the slummiest part of the capital:scarf:

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We have, players don't sell for 50 millions without being top player. I guess you know more than the entire scouting team of Chelsea though. We'll see what a miss he is this season I can almost guarantee that. Him and Ricardo were two of our three most important players and and absolutely crucial to how we played.

Whatever people may think on Chilwell, that sale is typical of how we must operate. Which other player could we have sold to receive such a fee?

Please do not say we that we shouldn’t sell anyone, we all realise  how the club has to operate.

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Peachy - I get it, you rate Chilwell. 

It’s more people constantly acting like he was awful that’s what I feel I have to challenge. I’m not saying he can’t be replaced he most certainly can but I don’t think he can by Castagne. Others will disagree but that’s fine we’ll soon find out and if I’m wrong I’ll hold my hands up to that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Whatever people may think on Chilwell, that sale is typical of how we must operate. Which other player could we have sold to receive such a fee?

Please do not say we that we shouldn’t sell anyone, we all realise  how the club has to operate.

you missed my point I was simply replying to someone who was saying how poor Chilwell was and how he couldn’t defend or something along those lines. I would like us to show ambition and not sell but I realise that’s not how we work so we need a good replacement and castagne isn’t that guy for me. That’s all. 

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It’s more people constantly acting like he was awful that’s what I feel I have to challenge. I’m not saying he can’t be replaced he most certainly can but I don’t think he can by Castagne. Others will disagree but that’s fine we’ll soon find out and if I’m wrong I’ll hold my hands up to that.

Fair enough - save yourself a load of hassle by sitting back and waiting to see who we actually sign. I find it stressful having circular disagreements, you might too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

you missed my point I was simply replying to someone who was saying how poor Chilwell was and how he couldn’t defend or something along those lines. I would like us to show ambition and not sell but I realise that’s not how we work so we need a good replacement and castagne isn’t that guy for me. That’s all. 

Yes, I saw your later post, so apologies for grasping the wrong end! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, matty98 said:

Looking at his highlight videos he looks like quite a limited footballer, which isn't a good sign considering highlights can make Ghezzal look good. Don't really see the point in this signing. 

concluded that he is not worth signing after watching a few mins of video highlights.   thank fooook you are not our scout

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Lets hope we continue in getting massive prices for bang average players like Maguire and Chilwell

20 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We have, players don't sell for 50 millions without being top player. I guess you know more than the entire scouting team of Chelsea though. We'll see what a miss he is this season I can almost guarantee that. Him and Ricardo were two of our three most important players and and absolutely crucial to how we played.

behave yourself, Chilwell would not have been in my top 5 of our best players.   decent yes, but TOP player, never.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

But I thought Brendan was frustrated that he doesn't have control of signings? :whistle:

It’s obvious he wants more signings, there are still holes at centre back and further up the field in a creative, attacking role. However this shows that Brendan is comfortable at left back with Thomas which is why he is spending a decent wedge on a player that can play left back at a good standard but also offers us valuable cover/options elsewhere too. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

We don’t know he’s substandard to Chilwell (I have never thought it would be a problem replacing him), but I do agree buying ‘squad’ players rather than improving the ‘first 11’ is bonkers. 

That's not the point.  Even if he's equal to Chilwell (and he could be) it still doesn't improve the side, it just keeps you from backsliding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

I've always considered the Premier League like Formula 1, it's the tiny differences that ultimately make you successful or not. A Championship player who looks like a world beater might be half a yard short of pace meaning that they'll never make it in the Premier League. 

Each position probably has many variables clubs look at and I'd imagine it will be fine margins between between making it and being a flop, especially when coming from other countries with no experience/history of the league. 

The point I'm making is that I don't think you can have utility men in the Premier League, I mean how many can you think of in our team? How many are there in the Premier League as a whole? People are talking like we're going to sign this player that'll be like a Swiss Army knife, maybe you can get players like that in the lower leagues but not in the Premier League IMO. 

James Milner?

2 minutes ago, MIAMI_FOX said:

behave yourself, Chilwell would not have been in my top 5 of our best players.   decent yes, but TOP player, never.

There's this notion that anybody who wanted to sell Chilwell thought he was awful. Whereas most were just excited at the possibility of potentially getting somebody better in at half the cost. Although Castagne might not be our first choice LB, he's not that. 

9 minutes ago, MIAMI_FOX said:

It’s just my opinion. My point was our full backs were our most important players along with Vardy. Once they weren’t there we looked half the team we were. May not be top three best players we had but for me he was in the top three most important. The replacement we get is crucial and needs to be right otherwise I feel it will really harm us. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

James Milner?

Exceptions prove rules. Although, I don't see being able to play in all wide positions as massively versatile anyway really. Most modern fullbacks have some basic skill sets needed to be competent wingers at least.

Somebody please explain to me why you would "prefer" Telles/Tagliafico over this guy? 

Both the above play in garbage leagues. Of course they'll put up good "numbers". 

Assuming half of you who make this comment watch all three players on a regular basis to be able to draw a fair comparison???? .

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

This is an excellent first step, but it has to be a precursor to signing a winger of first team caliber.  All we've done here is sell Chilwell and replace him with a substantial talent and banked some 30-35 million - we haven't really made the starting 11 better.  Some of that surplus has to go to buying the winger that can do that. 

I don’t think we Will get a winger I think it will probably be a striker as Rodgers wants to play 352 

but obviously could be wrong just my guess

2 minutes ago, Adster said:

Somebody please explain to me why you would "prefer" Telles/Tagliafico over this guy? 

Both the above play in garbage leagues. Of course they'll put up good "numbers". 

Assuming half of you who make this comment watch all three players on a regular basis to be able to draw a fair comparison???? .

They are left backs simple.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

Similarly, I assume you watch alot of Portuguese and Dutch football to come to the conclusion that they are "Garbage leagues"?. 

Glass houses buddy.