Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

7 minutes ago, dayday said:

Kristof Terreur says he equally good on both flanks, more of a wing back than a full back, also said the premier league will suit more better than the Italian league, thinks Leicester will go with 3 cbs 

Logically this makes so much more sense to do. Even if somehow we signed a world class winger, Barnes, Gray and Albrighton aren’t. Barnes might improve but he’s no Jadon Sancho. Ricardo is one of the best full backs in Europe, JJ is promising. Fuchs and Albrighton have done well at LWB. Two up top means Vardy supported by either Nacho or Barnes. 3 in the middle suits Perez who looked much better behind the striker than on the wings. 3 of Ndidi / Tielemans / Maddison / Praet can all play. 

I prefer the 4141 stylistically but it would be much easier to recruit for 3412 and probably would play more to our strengths to go that way. 

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Logically this makes so much more sense to do. Even if somehow we signed a world class winger, Barnes, Gray and Albrighton aren’t. Barnes might improve but he’s no Jadon Sancho. Ricardo is one of the best full backs in Europe, JJ is promising. Fuchs and Albrighton have done well at LWB. Two up top means Vardy supported by either Nacho or Barnes. 3 in the middle suits Perez who looked much better behind the striker than on the wings. 3 of Ndidi / Tielemans / Maddison / Praet can all play. 

I prefer the 4141 stylistically but it would be much easier to recruit for 3412 and probably would play more to our strengths to go that way. 

What did make me laugh is that stringer mentioned why Castagne was equally good on both sides when he is naturally right footed, Kristof replied Paulo Maldini was one of the worlds best left backs and he was right footed.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dayday said:

What did make me laugh is that stringer mentioned why Castagne was equally good on both sides when he is naturally right footed, Kristof replied Paulo Maldini was one of the worlds best left backs and he was right footed.

Dennis Irwin also the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

Praet has not offered anything yet,so far he is not any better than Silva.

not sure about this transfer either.hope he will be fine 

How did you work that one out?

Just now, NaijaFox said:

So have we signed him yet? Sounds like a fixer-upper. Not ideal, but hopeful.

Not yet but it will most likely happen.

But what exactly is a 'fixer-upper' in your eyes?

For me his versatility works well for us in the situation we find ourselves in - no regular LB apart from Thomas, only Justin as a proper right-back until Pereira comes back.

I think, if we also buy a LB too to rotate with Thomas, he may plan to use Ricardo further up and utilise how we know he can attack and have a forward-thinking football brain, so to speak. Then we have new LB/Thomas on one side, Castagne/Justin on the other with the option of Ricardo playing at RB if needed, and also further options of Castagne/Justin to play LB if really required.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not yet but it will most likely happen.

But what exactly is a 'fixer-upper' in your eyes?

For me his versatility works well for us in the situation we find ourselves in - no regular LB apart from Thomas, only Justin as a proper right-back until Pereira comes back.

I think, if we also buy a LB too to rotate with Thomas, he may plan to use Ricardo further up and utilise how we know he can attack and have a forward-thinking football brain, so to speak. Then we have new LB/Thomas on one side, Castagne/Justin on the other with the option of Ricardo playing at RB if needed, and also further options of Castagne/Justin to play LB if really required.

Just got through watching the obligatory Youtube clip, and the best that can be said is that he would add depth. 

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting to see Dorsett still linking Tagliafico and Gosens. Wonder if they're still an idea and we're looking at both them and Castagne

Not sure how much money we've got. But my thoughts are wed still look for a left back if they see a value option available - I think this is more about someone who can play in a 352.

Someone on here said our first transfer would be a right back but are still after a left back. I wonder if mcneil could play left wing back too.

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Not sure how much money we've got. But my thoughts are wed still look for a left back if they see a value option available - I think this is more about someone who can play in a 352.

Someone on here said our first transfer would be a right back but are still after a left back. I wonder if mcneil could play left wing back too.

I'd suggest you could be right. If in the window we see a reasonably priced LB, then you'd think we'd potentially jump at it. Wonder if a Gosens/Castagne double swoop could be an option. But think we need to strengthen CB/ST/RW after this.