Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I've always considered the Premier League like Formula 1, it's the tiny differences that ultimately make you successful or not. A Championship player who looks like a world beater might be half a yard short of pace meaning that they'll never make it in the Premier League. 

Each position probably has many variables clubs look at and I'd imagine it will be fine margins between between making it and being a flop, especially when coming from other countries with no experience/history of the league. 

The point I'm making is that I don't think you can have utility men in the Premier League, I mean how many can you think of in our team? How many are there in the Premier League as a whole? People are talking like we're going to sign this player that'll be like a Swiss Army knife, maybe you can get players like that in the lower leagues but not in the Premier League IMO. 

Here's one for you and one of the most successful players in the Prem; James Milner.

I know what you're saying but you do still get absolute top players who can play 3 or 4 positions really well so it's not impossible.

I think it's a great signing for £16m. You have the option of 3atb comfortably; the option to play any combination of your full-backs depending on the opposition, and a really versatile player. Fits in the squad well with other Belgians.

And Congerton/Rodgers are clearly massive fans and have been for a long time. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Congerton signing but just from a better team than he used to do with celtic/sunderland. Why are we buying a right back to play left back this is bad business.

Cause this player is comfortable playing either lb, rb, lm and rm. Adds more versatility to the squad

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He's a lb in the same sense that justin is a lb. He's right footed but can also use his left decently, not what we need imo.

So you would prefer we signed someone who can use one foot better than the other as opposed to someone who can use both? Ok mate

Just now, Danny280995 said:

Cause this player is comfortable playing either lb, rb, lm and rm. Adds more versatility to the squad

We already have that in justin. Remember when we signed perez to play rw on the basis that he was also versatile enough to play striker and cam and he ended up just not being a winger?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

WhY aRe We SiGnInG a Rb?!?

C1DA3756-CAFA-48F4-B7CC-5433DEA01D83.jpeg

Right midfield score? Not many apps but maybe just maybe another reason for the signing for a slot we definitely need.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

39 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

One year left on his deal, 24 years old and would probably cost £20m+ if he had a three contract. Seems smart business to me.

Actually it's exactly 10 months on his contract.

If we do sign him hopefully it's more round the £10-15m mark. I'd much prefer a natural LB who can defend reasonably well, get up and down the pitch all day long and provide some good delivery with his left foot. 

• Like 4

Just now, honeybradger said:

We already have that in justin. Remember when we signed perez to play rw on the basis that he was also versatile enough to play striker and cam and he ended up just not being a winger?

But castagne has already proved he can in multiple postion the season just gone. End of conversation 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TOMMYG said:

I've lost track a bit of what countries are on the quarantine list, but of the main European countries are only Greece & Portugal not on the list. So if we sign anyone from the another European country they would have to Quarantine for 2 weeks, so wouldn't be available for the first match anyway. Either that or we have to sign someone from this country to be sure they can begin the season.

Italy isn’t currently on the list

and I think elite athletes are exempt if they can prove via testing that they are not carrying the virus 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TOMMYG said:

I've lost track a bit of what countries are on the quarantine list, but of the main European countries are only Greece & Portugal not on the list. So if we sign anyone from the another European country they would have to Quarantine for 2 weeks, so wouldn't be available for the first match anyway. Either that or we have to sign someone from this country to be sure they can begin the season.

It is my understanding that they don’t have to quarantine if they are regularly tested. Slightly different rules for players entering the country, Compared to those leaving the country to play an international game.

Just playing devil's advocate, but do you remember Praet being hailed as the best midfielder in Italy when we signed him? I think it was his manager who said it, but I'm sure he said it after the transfer so he wasn't driving the price up drumming up more interest. 

I don't think you can look at Serie A data and expect it to translate across to the EPL.

Edited by Collymore

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

This bothers me. We look awful almost every time Rodgers has set us up this way going back to his first game in charge.

To be fair other than that Watford game the only time we have used 3 at the back is post lock down and that was due to the amount of injuries we had and it was a necessity

• Like 2

IF we sign this guy, I’m pretty sure the initial plan will be to play him in his preferred right back position, put JJ on the left back role.  When Riccy is back (in a couple of months), we’ll evaluate where we’re at, and judge who is best to play at LB, where we’ll have good options of Tim, Fuchs, Thomas and JJ. Simples. No need to bring formation into the chat.

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 3