Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

54 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The problem is we have just sold at top left back and we are planning to replace him with a right back who can play left back. This right back also isn’t exactly crucial to Atalanta seeming he doesn’t even play every game. 

IF we are signing him as a utility player and also signing a left back then it’s a decent signing. IF we are signing him as a Chilwell replacement it’s a shocking piece of business. Would prefer to play Thomas.

We have not sold a top left back. He was poor defensively and had virtually no end product going forward. I don’t see how having watched the guy for 5 years you can come to the conclusion you have.

We have got rid of a vastly overrated English player for a ridiculous fee given his lack of attributes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rigga said:

I think he will be the LB and that’s business done...we’re skint folks...

If we were skint we wouldn't be spending £20m on a new player and giving new contracts out to our current ones, would we?

• Like 2

Wasn’t knocking the fact we paid the staff... was lcfc all over the fact we did during tough times...Credit to Top...

1 abysmal loan signing in 12 months and No activity less than 2 weeks before a new season would suggest we don’t have the money..

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Was about to post that. Broke into the Genk side around the same time as Wilf. That and playing with Youri and Dennis would definitely help settle him in.

You'd hope that's the case.

A word of warning though. Think back to the idea that Slimani was brought in to keep Mahrez happy. It didn't have the desired effect.

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Wasn’t knocking the fact we paid the staff... was lcfc all over the fact we did during tough times...Credit to Top...

1 abysmal loan signing in 12 months and No activity less than 2 weeks before a new season would suggest we don’t have the money..

Could be that we’re after quality players! Which are harder to get

If we’re not careful it could also mean more of the stagnant left side that we saw a lot this season. If you’re playing Barnes with this lad, I.e two inverted type, they’re going to take up each other’s space. Ideally what you want is a pure left footed winger who’s going to hug the touch line while Castagne sits inside like an advanced left centre mid. That could be dangerous from an attacking point of view.

Or we just get Barnes and this lad running into eachother’s space. That or Castagne getting up field, turning, passing back. Which won’t be much change from Chilwell tbh.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Would strongly disagree with the bit in bold, it is not small minded to suggest we aren’t the most attractive club despite being in Europe, it just means we need to wait for perceived better options to be removed, then we become a viable option.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

Just now, KFS said:

If we’re not careful it could also mean more of the stagnant left side that we saw a lot this season. If you’re playing Barnes with this lad, I.e two inverted type, they’re going to take up each other’s space. Ideally what you want is a pure left footed winger who’s going to hug the touch line while Castagne sits inside like an advanced left centre mid. That could be dangerous from an attacking point of view.

Or we just get Barnes and this lad running into eachother’s space. That or Castagne getting up field, turning, passing back. Which won’t be much change from Chilwell tbh.

Maybe it's just me but I think Barnes prefers going on the outside of his man, rather than cutting in. It's why he was always getting in Chilwell's way.

• Like 2

Chilwell and Barnes didn’t link well that for sure.. always looked disjointed  as a pair..

quakity players are harder to get correct...there price also goes up the closer to deadline as clubs will know we are desperate for players..

and even should we sign 2/3 players over the next month... when will they actually settle into the club/positions ?

10/15 games in , rather than preseason early on which non of these signings will get now..

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Maybe it's just me but I think Barnes prefers going on the outside of his man, rather than cutting in. It's why he was always getting in Chilwell's way.

Was just about to say something like this

Even with a left footed lb they still got in each other's way, maybe an inverted lb will prove much beneficial for Barnes

• Like 1

This is an excellent first step, but it has to be a precursor to signing a winger of first team caliber.  All we've done here is sell Chilwell and replace him with a substantial talent and banked some 30-35 million - we haven't really made the starting 11 better.  Some of that surplus has to go to buying the winger that can do that. 

23 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

We have not sold a top left back. He was poor defensively and had virtually no end product going forward. I don’t see how having watched the guy for 5 years you can come to the conclusion you have.

We have got rid of a vastly overrated English player for a ridiculous fee given his lack of attributes.

We have, players don't sell for 50 millions without being top player. I guess you know more than the entire scouting team of Chelsea though. We'll see what a miss he is this season I can almost guarantee that. Him and Ricardo were two of our three most important players and and absolutely crucial to how we played.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

We have, players don't sell for 50 millions without being top player. I guess you know more than the entire scouting team of Chelsea though. We'll see what a miss he is this season I can almost guarantee that. Him and Ricardo were two of our three most important players and and absolutely crucial to how we played.

Peachy - I get it, you rate Chilwell.