Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

35 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Castagane is absolutely superb. He has had a stand out 2 seasons for Atalanta and was impressive in the friendly against us. He's predominantly a right back, but can also play left back too. IMO had we lost Ricardo, he would have been the perfect replacement, though as a replacement for Chilwell I am not so sure as I don't think he is naturally left footed.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/141169/Show/Timothy-Castagne

Anyone from Atalanta would be a great signing. They play quite a similar style to us and under Gasperini have shown that with the right coaching, even a smaller / underrated team can produce on the biggest stage of them all. Rosens their left back I think would be a more realistic signing for us given the Chilwell / Fuchs situation, but players like Pasalic, Zapata, Muriel would all be good pickups. Ilicic and Papu Gomez are their star turns of course, but both are the wrong side of 30, even if I think both are truly super footballers.

Overall though Castagne I think would be a brilliant signing for any Premier League team. Reliable, flexible, speaks English and still quite young.

If his first highlight in that vid is a tap in... then i am not interested!!!! geesh, that even worth showcasing ffs.. :chant: 

• Haha 1

I wouldn't get too worried about left side/right side issue as we have James Justin who can play either side too. In fact I seem to remember hearing that at luton Justin was mainly used at left back. 

So assuming Chillwell is on his way, that would leave us with one world class right back and two exciting prospects who can play either side. And one aging yet still very competent (based on this season) left back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Castagane is absolutely superb. He has had a stand out 2 seasons for Atalanta and was impressive in the friendly against us. He's predominantly a right back, but can also play left back too. IMO had we lost Ricardo, he would have been the perfect replacement, though as a replacement for Chilwell I am not so sure as I don't think he is naturally left footed.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/141169/Show/Timothy-Castagne

Anyone from Atalanta would be a great signing. They play quite a similar style to us and under Gasperini have shown that with the right coaching, even a smaller / underrated team can produce on the biggest stage of them all. Rosens their left back I think would be a more realistic signing for us given the Chilwell / Fuchs situation, but players like Pasalic, Zapata, Muriel would all be good pickups. Ilicic and Papu Gomez are their star turns of course, but both are the wrong side of 30, even if I think both are truly super footballers.

Overall though Castagne I think would be a brilliant signing for any Premier League team. Reliable, flexible, speaks English and still quite young.

Thank you for reminding us how jarring the juxtaposition of the written word and moving pictures can be.

• Haha 3

• 5 weeks later...

LeSport10 France

Exclusive:

Sur les tablettes du PSG, Tottenham et Leicester, Timothy Castagne a des intentions très claires pour la suite de son avenir. Voici nos informations.

Comme révélé en exclusivité le 12 mai dernier par le10sport.com, le PSG s’intéresse chaudement à Timothy Castagne (AtalantaBergame). Et dans la bataille, on retrouve également Tottenham et Leicester, deux clubs anglais avec de solides arguments : le premier a José Mourinho, le second devrait disputer la prochaine Ligue des Champions. Mais pour le latéral belge de 24 ans, les choses sont très claires : rien ne se passera avant la fin de saison de Serie A.

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

LeSport10 France

Exclusive:

Sur les tablettes du PSG, Tottenham et Leicester, Timothy Castagne a des intentions très claires pour la suite de son avenir. Voici nos informations.

Comme révélé en exclusivité le 12 mai dernier par le10sport.com, le PSG s’intéresse chaudement à Timothy Castagne (AtalantaBergame). Et dans la bataille, on retrouve également Tottenham et Leicester, deux clubs anglais avec de solides arguments : le premier a José Mourinho, le second devrait disputer la prochaine Ligue des Champions. Mais pour le latéral belge de 24 ans, les choses sont très claires : rien ne se passera avant la fin de saison de Serie A.

Sacreau Bleau!

As revealed exclusively on May 12 by le10sport.com, PSG is keenly interested in Timothy Castagne (AtalantaBergame). And in the battle, we also find Tottenham and Leicester, two English clubs with solid arguments: the first to José Mourinho, the second should play in the next Champions League. But for the 24-year-old Belgian side, things are very clear: nothing will happen before the end of the Serie A season.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sacreau Bleau!

As revealed exclusively on May 12 by le10sport.com, PSG is keenly interested in Timothy Castagne (AtalantaBergame). And in the battle, we also find Tottenham and Leicester, two English clubs with solid arguments: the first to José Mourinho, the second should play in the next Champions League. But for the 24-year-old Belgian side, things are very clear: nothing will happen before the end of the Serie A season.

I struggled to translate it, so thanks. The article also goes on to say that his representatives will talk to the three managers PSG, Jose and Brendan, then make up their minds as to where he ends up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think this is a quite exciting Link tbf

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

If PSG are genuinely keen then they will get him. Especially as Meunier has gone to Dortmund on a free, like for like replacement really. 

If it means they don't go for Ricardo, that is a price I think we are all willing to pay! He had been heavily linked with them pre-injury.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

His team mate Gosens is a better player, rather we went for him. Plus, Gosens is left footed, neither are really natural left backs, though. 

He has been outstanding this season, I do worry that we aren’t as good as them so will spend loads more games on the back foot where as Atalanta are 1000 MPH all out attack or nothing.

9 hours ago, Leicester_brfox said:

Would be a great player to replace chilly 

if he leaves this guy is my first choice

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

His team mate Gosens is a better player, rather we went for him. Plus, Gosens is left footed, neither are really natural left backs, though. 

6 hours ago, Leicester_brfox said:

Oh didn’t no that thanks

:D

34 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

How do we pronounce his surname fellow linguists?

I'm gonna go with CAST AGGUN, rightly or wrongly - objection overruled your honour!

Castania is my guess

40 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

How do we pronounce his surname fellow linguists?

I'm gonna go with CAST AGGUN, rightly or wrongly - objection overruled your honour!

The "gn" is pronounced like it is in "gnocchi", the rest of the word is pronounced like Castanet. So it's CAS - TA - NYEH.

On 10/07/2020 at 23:44, StriderHiryu said:

Sacreau Bleau!

... !!!

Any opinion to add @sacreblueits442?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, GDesign_JRC said:

The sirens of the Premier League but now also those of Ligue 1 for Timothy Castagne. In fact, on the Atalanta defender there is not only Leicester and there is the surprise insertion of Paris Saint Germain who really like the Belgian. This Swiss Startup has become the pet peeve of the watch industryCODE41 Watches However, before starting negotiations with Atalanta, PSG wants to focus on the pitch and wait to finish their Champions League path (the semi-final against Leipzig is scheduled for next Tuesday

• Like 1