Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

41 minutes ago, Bakey said:

Doesn't look like he does unless its a back 5? Probably could do a job if we do play the back 5 but he's predominantly a RB.

I always check TransferMarkt for players positions and where they have played and in how many games:

Played as...      
Right-Back 88 3 4
Left Midfield 41 3 4
Right Midfield 39 5 5
Left-Back 8 - -
Centre-Back 2 - -
Attacking Midfield 1 - -

Just to add to this, transfermarkt says he hasn't played right back in a back 4 since he was at Genk in 16/17. He's only ever played as a left or right wingback in his 3 years in Italy so unless we're sticking with a back 3 (which I doubt) then this feels like a big risk to take. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Evidently more of a right sided player than left but would it be a huge disaster to sign him and play either him or Justin at left back when Ricardo returns? We certainly are prepared for the eventual departure of Ricardo too as Castagne is a top PL full back in the making IMO.

Perhaps we are evolving football and plan to play inverted full backs

• Like 1

This is fine, not as spectacular as Gosens but a really versatile, solid player. Makes sense but surprised we will end up paying more than £15m when he is in the last year of his contract.

Always felt like the most realistic option in our circumstances.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

On 27/08/2020 at 12:34, Ric Flair said:

Evidently more of a right sided player than left but would it be a huge disaster to sign him and play either him or Justin at left back when Ricardo returns? We certainly are prepared for the eventual departure of Ricardo too as Castagne is a top PL full back in the making IMO.

It is strange for Rodgers, to opt for an unbalanced side.... unless he is that confident either Timmeh or Justin can play left back. Or perhaps he is confident Thomas can step up. 

Just now, Nick said:

Are we definitely sure he’s not going to be our new right winger?

Its also possible I suppose that we are going with overlapping/interchangeable full backs.

If he is I’d be more worried by him playing in a front 3 than Perez. His goal/assist record isn’t very good.