Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

12 hours ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Yeah. Like the last 3 games because they want him to renew his contract. Very important player for Atalanta. Also scored their qualifying goal which got them through the CL group fase.

Maybe your obsession with him is just a phase you're going through. Hopefully he won't be fazed by this and he will sign for us in the summer.

Would be interesting if we ended up having to sell Ricardo and invested in very attacking wingbacks (Castage has played as a wingback much more than fullback) and more centrebacks. This could be the way to go because finding a complete fullback like Ricardo that can do all the defending and attacking required at the highest level of the modern game is incredibly rare, whereas centrebacks are less so imo. This also solves the winger issue, as we seem to be having a lot of trouble finding the right one. One complete fantasy team, if we followed this strategy:

Vardy Iheanacho

Barnes

Chilwell? Ndidi Maddison Castagne

Soyuncu Evans White

Schmeichel

To be honest we could follow that strategy and keep Ricardo too, which would be infinitely preferable... Mainly the whole wingback fantasy was just to have the excuse to buy Borna Sosa to groom as the next Marcelo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Would be interesting if we ended up having to sell Ricardo and invested in very attacking wingbacks (Castage has played as a wingback much more than fullback) and more centrebacks. This could be the way to go because finding a complete fullback like Ricardo that can do all the defending and attacking required at the highest level of the modern game is incredibly rare, whereas centrebacks are less so imo. This also solves the winger issue, as we seem to be having a lot of trouble finding the right one. One complete fantasy team, if we followed this strategy:

Vardy Iheanacho

Barnes

Chilwell? Ndidi Maddison Castagne

Soyuncu Evans White

Schmeichel

To be honest we could follow that strategy and keep Ricardo too, which would be infinitely preferable... Mainly the whole wingback fantasy was just to have the excuse to buy Borna Sosa to groom as the next Marcelo.

PGIHINTFATATBT :P

Edited by PhillippaT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 26/03/2020 at 15:54, SO1 said:

Never watched him play. Was rumored that Celtic were after him pretty hard. Replacement for Ricardo are some pretty strong words.

Bet @henrik_62 has a bit more info on him than I. Especially being Congerton's best buddy and all that. :fishing:

Not been on in a while so just seen this, been busy with the kids during lockdown.  Hope everyone is doing well.

We were linked with him but I don't think we ever really stood a chance of getting him, no way were we paying the figures quoted (£12m) for anyone let alone a RB.  The research I done on him though at the time suggets he really only started to find form with Atalanta when they went to three at the back and he played wing back and he's pretty suspect defensively.  I reckon you should be aiming a lot higher than Castagne if Riccardo is ever needing replaced.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Not been on in a while so just seen this, been busy with the kids during lockdown.  Hope everyone is doing well.

We were linked with him but I don't think we ever really stood a chance of getting him, no way were we paying the figures quoted (£12m) for anyone let alone a RB.  The research I done on him though at the time suggets he really only started to find form with Atalanta when they went to three at the back and he played wing back and he's pretty suspect defensively.  I reckon you should be aiming a lot higher than Castagne if Riccardo is ever needing replaced.  

So he's a Jeff Schlupp?

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

A newspaper in Bergamo suggests Tim Castagne is on his way.

https://t.co/zPyRNCN3n9

Google translate- 

Chestnuts will likely end in the Premier League - watch out for Leicester 😂

Castagane is absolutely superb. He has had a stand out 2 seasons for Atalanta and was impressive in the friendly against us. He's predominantly a right back, but can also play left back too. IMO had we lost Ricardo, he would have been the perfect replacement, though as a replacement for Chilwell I am not so sure as I don't think he is naturally left footed.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/141169/Show/Timothy-Castagne

Anyone from Atalanta would be a great signing. They play quite a similar style to us and under Gasperini have shown that with the right coaching, even a smaller / underrated team can produce on the biggest stage of them all. Rosens their left back I think would be a more realistic signing for us given the Chilwell / Fuchs situation, but players like Pasalic, Zapata, Muriel would all be good pickups. Ilicic and Papu Gomez are their star turns of course, but both are the wrong side of 30, even if I think both are truly super footballers.

Overall though Castagne I think would be a brilliant signing for any Premier League team. Reliable, flexible, speaks English and still quite young.

• Like 3

Signing a predominantly right back would make me nervous, unless the plan was to move Ricardo forward which I wouldn't be totally against. Or Justin can be Chilwells replacement on the left.

Don't know much about Castagne, but having 3 members of the number 1 ranked international team can't be a bad thing. Lets get De Bruyne too, we can offer Champions League football.

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Castagane is absolutely superb. He has had a stand out 2 seasons for Atalanta and was impressive in the friendly against us. He's predominantly a right back, but can also play left back too. IMO had we lost Ricardo, he would have been the perfect replacement, though as a replacement for Chilwell I am not so sure as I don't think he is naturally left footed.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/141169/Show/Timothy-Castagne

Anyone from Atalanta would be a great signing. They play quite a similar style to us and under Gasperini have shown that with the right coaching, even a smaller / underrated team can produce on the biggest stage of them all. Rosens their left back I think would be a more realistic signing for us given the Chilwell / Fuchs situation, but players like Pasalic, Zapata, Muriel would all be good pickups. Ilicic and Papu Gomez are their star turns of course, but both are the wrong side of 30, even if I think both are truly super footballers.

Overall though Castagne I think would be a brilliant signing for any Premier League team. Reliable, flexible, speaks English and still quite young.

Yeah he’s a decent, solid player but lost his place in the Atalanta team a while ago. He will realistically only cost about £15m max with his contract situation as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah he’s a decent, solid player but lost his place in the Atalanta team a while ago. He will realistically only cost about £15m max with his contract situation as well.

Who took his place? Hateboer? (The dutch guy)

That's interesting if true because the last few times I have seen Atalanta, I honestly thought Castagne was one of their better players. Ilicic and Gomez are obviously their two worldies, but he was honestly Ricardo style getting up and down the right flank like crazy and always offering a threat, and this is in multiple games.

I really rate their team, they are superb to watch,

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Who took his place? Hateboer? (The dutch guy)

That's interesting if true because the last few times I have seen Atalanta, I honestly thought Castagne was one of their better players. Ilicic and Gomez are obviously their two worldies, but he was honestly Ricardo style getting up and down the right flank like crazy and always offering a threat, and this is in multiple games.

I really rate their team, they are superb to watch,

Robin Gosens took his place quite a while ago to be honest and Castagne is definitely no Pereira but he’s a solid, flexible player.

Castagne is a great player. Had a problem with injuries which lost him his place but can play both left back and right back. Would seem like a signing in anticipation of losing ricardo next season and allowing him a year to challenge chilwell (if here) before then. Also has champions league experience and if we do change to 3 at the back, can play left centre back and excels as a wing back. Would definitely improve the quality of the squad. 

9 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Robin Gosens took his place quite a while ago to be honest and Castagne is definitely no Pereira but he’s a solid, flexible player.

In the early part of the season, Gosens played left back, and Castagne played right back. I did see one game where he played at left back, when Gosens was injured. But for example, Castagne played in the 5-0 win over AC Milan (crazy game that one!) as well as this away win over Fiorentina.

Atalanta.thumb.PNG.61c3e66d449ae10064814b9a30200382.PNG

Since this game, it seems like Hateboer came in and is the first choice RB starter for them though, as you said above. Perhaps because his contract is running out and he doesn't want to renew they switched things up? Not entirely sure.

Anyway I agree with your assessment that he's more of a flexible / versatile player than Ricardo mk2! But in the games I've seen him in (about 5-6), he's always impressed me. Him and Gosens would do very well in the Premier League IMO. 

• Like 1