Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

1 minute ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

He costs 1/3d of Chilwell, so he has to be worse. Otherwise Leicester would have won the lottery ;)

You are settling in very well and will fit in nicely :thumbup:

• Haha 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

the stats don't like, he couldn't nail down a position in the team for whatever reason

Read what the Atalanti say, and there does not sound anything to worry about and they feel he should have started more.

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Because football pundits are never wrong.............

All their fans seem sad to see him go, that’s a good sign.

Not really bothered by a pundits opinion on what he believes a player’s valued at, not so important is it. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Like 1

the stats don't like, he couldn't nail down a regular position in the team for whatever reason

He played 33 games Serie A+CL games last season. He is just a victim of his versatility. And at the end the coach didn't count on him because they knew he was leaving the club.

Hope the guy does well for us. Maybe not the headline name many were hoping for but the end of last season exposed our woeful lack of depth in the squad so if he improves that then this has to be a positive. Still need another 4 or 5 new faces though.

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

Unnecessary attitude. 

I assume he's just a guy who has watched him a lot. Maybe even an Atalanta fan. If Gray was sold to Spurs we would have many things to say about him. Its called having a football opinion. 

I think we'd all agree about Gray!...

He's shown little or no improvement in the 4 years odd he's been here!

25 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Stop the sale, the great Patrick Kendrick has spoken.

Overpaying doesn't really matter if the end result is a success. 

Man Utd overpaid by 40 million for Maguire....but it all worked out in the end and proved to be worth every penny for them. 

We overpaid by 20 million for Perez. That hasn't been a disaster but nor has it paid any dividends.

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

He might well be right. He might well be wrong. But nobody has ever sought his opinion here before, ever, on this site. He just happens to have said stuff that doubters can pick up on and claim to be credible, without owning the negativity directly. But you know, you enjoy your right to find fault.

• Like 2

Just now, Eden De Bruyne said:

He played 33 games Serie A+CL games last season. He is just a victim of his versatility. And at the end the coach didn't count on him because they knew he was leaving the club.

But none at left back or right back, which i think was also the commentators point, that he was unable to dislodge those players.

I guess it depends where the club are looking to play him this season.

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

the stats don't like, he couldn't nail down a regular position in the team for whatever reason

11 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I know, I read the other post too

"Stop the sale, the great Patrick Kendrick has spoken."

But none at left back or right back, which i think was also the commentators point, that he was unable to dislodge those players.

I guess it depends where the club are looking to play him this season.

Sounds like you haven't watched him play much and are just grasping on the negatives here. Castagne is no benchwarmer and definitely did well with his opportunities. He was 12th on the team in minutes, he's no benchwarming scrub.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m not that blown away by this signing if I’m honest. I’d happily be proven wrong, however I’m just not feeling it. 

I’d rather we’d gone for Telles or Gosens. 

I’ve seen a few comments about us overpaying now. 

It's very possible that we did.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Overpaying doesn't really matter if the end result is a success. 

Man Utd overpaid by 40 million for Maguire....but it all worked out in the end and proved to be worth every penny for them. 

We overpaid by 20 million for Perez. That hasn't been a disaster but nor has it paid any dividends.

It's not 2008! 😅😉

Edited by sdb

1 minute ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

LM is LB at Atalanta and RM is RB at Atalanta, it is also a big part of your job. Castagne is less attacking than Gosens and Hateboer, that's why they fitted the Atalanta system better. Castagne would have an advantage over Gosens and Hateboer in a system with 4 players at the wings, where better defending gets more important than attacking well.

This. Thank you.

Just now, Eden De Bruyne said:

This one is for everybody that rather pays double Gosens than getting Castagne. If you leave the aerial duels out, Castagne is clearly the better player statistically.

castgosens.jpg

I've got O level maths, but I can't make head nor tails out of these graphs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I've got O level maths, but I can't make head nor tails out of these graphs.

Times Dispossed: Gosens loses the ball double of the time Castagne does.

Succeeded dribble percentage: Castagne also almost double as good.

Pass completion %: Castagne destroys Gosens

But Gosens is more attacking than Castagne

Although Castagne is slightly better in giving assists (xA)

Succesful Pressures + Interceptions: Castagne is slightly better.

Tackling in general + tackling against a dribbler: They are equal.

Aerial Duels: Gosens is much better

Conclusion: If you leave the aerial duels out. Castagne is far better than Gosens statistically.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Arse and Ugly are the only two English words I know

I like you, you can stick around... 

2 hours ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

He is certainly more defensive than Chilwell too, like I said before. The stats prove my point. He's much better in defending (except in aerials) but also more cautious in attacking. 

... As long as you take that back about him being more cautious in attack (although maybe the pass completion takes into account that Chilwell was adventurous as ****, but far too shit to pull it off?!?!, nothing more adventurous than passing back to Schmeichel, or a nice adventurous 2m pass to someone in no space) 

I'm really going to miss my favourite little scapegoat Chilwell (am I allowed to say that now he's gone?) 

I nominate Maddison for next year due to the cov connection, (and the rumours 😱and the see through rucksack)