Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I hope you're not going to use Vardy, Kante and Mahrez as your examples?

There's a good chance we've just upgraded Amartey. 

TBF he's probably not a bad player but like the Praet and Perez signing we've signed a player who won't improve us but bolster the squad. 

Yeah but he’s better then chilwell 

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

TBF he's probably not a bad player but like the Praet and Perez signing we've signed a player who won't improve us but bolster the squad. 

He's better at defending and better at attacking than Chilwell, so in what way is he not an improvement?

1277343859_Screenshot2020-09-01at20_28_33.thumb.png.faad81ae571e1b9a9007dd1af41f55df.png325538456_Screenshot2020-09-01at20_28_43.thumb.png.6bd6260e412bc2d80cb5e086c331ce1c.png

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Is not bolstering your squad effectively improving us.?

3 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Is not bolstering your squad effectively improving us.?

Improves the squad but doesn't improve the first XI and money is finite. 

See Perez and Praet who fall into a similar category and nearly £70m was spent on all three of them.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gerard said:

I'm just disappointed that there was a whole host of quality LB's available this window and we've signed a squad player from Atalanta. I was hoping for so much more.

I get that, but the area where we desperately need improvement is not full back.

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

They improved us..finished 5th last season which was an improvement on the season before.

• Like 1

Regarding Goosens vs Castagne - Gosens is the better player offensively but Castagne is still very good. Gosens has just come off a dream season where he’s outperformed almost every other LB / LWB in Europe. In fact given that Atalanta went further than Liverpool this season you could argue he was the best this season. Hence the 40m fee that Atalanta want. 

When have Leicester ever signed a player at the peak of their career for big money? We aren’t that type of club - we generally try to find value in players to continue to build a squad that is getting stronger every season. With this signing we’ve got more in the kitty to spend on other players and it’s in the final third where need more quality!

If you follow this thread from the beginning it’s interesting to see what people thought about him, especially those who had seen Atalanta play. I must confess I saw him as more of a Ricardo replacement / rotation option than being Chilwell’s replacement, but here we are! No doubt he’ll cover both sides during the early part of his career here due to Ricardo’s injury which is not something Gosens or Taglliafico could do. 

That said - who knows maybe we will end up with one of the others too! If we want European competition every year we need a deeper squad so that when a player like Ricardo is injured we still have options. Whether it’s to play first team or to compete for a place, this is a good signing and I think we will see 2-3 similar ones; international players that are young, technical and experienced. 

• Like 2

Just now, slymunn said:

They improved us..finished 5th last season which was an improvement on the season before.

That's a weak argument attributing Praet and Perez for our 5th placed finish. 

i don't think either are bad players but we've bought players in their mid 20's who don't particularly improve the first XI. Neither is likely to improve and they cost a lot of money. Both Praet and Perez are signings I would have avoided and Castagne could well fall into that category.

I want to see my club sign bargains like Evans or take a chance on young and up and coming and we almost have the pick of the world market to do that. Praet, Perez and now Castagne is nice and safe and middle of the road. All you people out there who want to see us challenge for a CL spot then these type of signings don't cut it, they're steady Eddies.

We need to take risks and sign 21yo who are the best players at their clubs, not squad players in their mid 20's from Atalanta. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gerard said:

:nigel:

Castagne's comments about us:

"It has always been my dream to play in the Premier League. It was my priority league over other offers.

“I also like Leicester's style of play which should suit me. And the feeling with the manager is very good, he contacted me regularly."

Rodgers' working his charm...

JuicyHeftyArachnid-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

i don't think either are bad players but we've bought players in their mid 20's who don't particularly improve the first XI. Neither is likely to improve and they cost a lot of money. Both Praet and Perez are signings I would have avoided and Castagne could well fall into that category.

I want to see my club sign bargains like Evans or take a chance on young and up and coming and we almost have the pick of the world market to do that. Praet, Perez and now Castagne is nice and safe and middle of the road. All you people out there who want to see us challenge for a CL spot then these type of signings don't cut it, they're steady Eddies.

We need to take risks and sign 21yo who are the best players at their clubs, not squad players in their mid 20's from Atalanta. 

Personally I will reserve judgment on a player until they have at least played for us.His game might be more suited to us.Pure guess work at this stage.

Salah was useless at Chelsea.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I agree in large parts with you. But we aren't a club to risk signing all chiefs and no Indians. 

If we went entirely down the high risk / young player route, yes we'd have Maddison, Soyuncu and Wilf but also kaputska, kramaric,. Benkovic and be staring at relegation

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Ah I get it now.... a bit like Demarai Gray and Ryan Bennett  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Regarding Goosens vs Castagne - Gosens is the better player offensively but Castagne is still very good. Gosens has just come off a dream season where he’s outperformed almost every other LB / LWB in Europe. In fact given that Atalanta went further than Liverpool this season you could argue he was the best this season. Hence the 40m fee that Atalanta want. 

When have Leicester ever signed a player at the peak of their career for big money? We aren’t that type of club - we generally try to find value in players to continue to build a squad that is getting stronger every season. With this signing we’ve got more in the kitty to spend on other players and it’s in the final third where need more quality!

If you follow this thread from the beginning it’s interesting to see what people thought about him, especially those who had seen Atalanta play. I must confess I saw him as more of a Ricardo replacement / rotation option than being Chilwell’s replacement, but here we are! No doubt he’ll cover both sides during the early part of his career here due to Ricardo’s injury which is not something Gosens or Taglliafico could do. 

That said - who knows maybe we will end up with one of the others too! If we want European competition every year we need a deeper squad so that when a player like Ricardo is injured we still have options. Whether it’s to play first team or to compete for a place, this is a good signing and I think we will see 2-3 similar ones; international players that are young, technical and experienced. 

My favourite poster nails it again! 

• Thanks 1