Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

25 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That's a weak argument attributing Praet and Perez for our 5th placed finish. 

i don't think either are bad players but we've bought players in their mid 20's who don't particularly improve the first XI. Neither is likely to improve and they cost a lot of money. Both Praet and Perez are signings I would have avoided and Castagne could well fall into that category.

I want to see my club sign bargains like Evans or take a chance on young and up and coming and we almost have the pick of the world market to do that. Praet, Perez and now Castagne is nice and safe and middle of the road. All you people out there who want to see us challenge for a CL spot then these type of signings don't cut it, they're steady Eddies.

We need to take risks and sign 21yo who are the best players at their clubs, not squad players in their mid 20's from Atalanta. 

Couldn’t agree more. Why the fuch are we signing players from the USA?  They don’t know what football is. Stupid move. Let’s castigate Castagne. Bloke if obviously shit. MAGA. 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I'm just disappointed that there was a whole host of quality LB's available this window and we've signed a squad player from Atalanta. I was hoping for so much more.

I kind of agree, even though I rate Castagne from what I've seen of him and the fact both us as a club before Rodgers came were linked with him and so were Celtic when Rodgers and Congerton were still there. This has been a long term target for manager and club.

We are in a funny position in terms of left backs as the club see Thomas as the heir to the throne but with Ricardo almost certain to move next summer if we fail to get top 4 or win the EL then this signing makes sense. He is equally capable playing on the left or right. Got a good amount of goals and assists from various positions and is most importantly a very good defender.

Is he a standout improvement on our XI? Due to his versatility it might not seem obviously so, but I think he will be our best wing back on the left, more consistent and reliable than Chilwell and do a very good job at covering for Ricardo on the right. 

In regard to the fee, Atalanta are notoriously difficult to buy from and given he's a player we tried to sign last summer and come back for, its easy to see why they have negotiated well with us. I'd say a fair price would have been around £15m up front but as a PL club we get regularly tucked up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I put this in the Perez /  Praet category. They’re good players but they won’t set the world alight. I’m still at a loss as why people rave about Praet, as I don’t see it. 

I think he’ll be solid but unspectacular. 

My concern is that we’ve got a player that can’t nail down a position like Amartey (where is he anyway). 

That's only because Gosens/Hateboer were quality all season.

Castagne will play much more regularly here than he did at Atalanta (even though he still played a lot there).

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

That's a weak argument attributing Praet and Perez for our 5th placed finish. 

i don't think either are bad players but we've bought players in their mid 20's who don't particularly improve the first XI. Neither is likely to improve and they cost a lot of money. Both Praet and Perez are signings I would have avoided and Castagne could well fall into that category.

I want to see my club sign bargains like Evans or take a chance on young and up and coming and we almost have the pick of the world market to do that. Praet, Perez and now Castagne is nice and safe and middle of the road. All you people out there who want to see us challenge for a CL spot then these type of signings don't cut it, they're steady Eddies.

We need to take risks and sign 21yo who are the best players at their clubs, not squad players in their mid 20's from Atalanta. 

Bargains like Evans aren’t always available and you can’t fill your squad with  young raw players. 

Let’s not forget our team contained 6 or 7 21/22 year olds last season. With the bench containing more.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, a squad needs a balance to it. 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

A few seasons back some fans were bursting blood vessels tossing off over Nicky Maynard, we sign a versatile, experienced but young international and some people are moaning. 

He adds depth and like I said, I’m expecting solid but unspectacular from what I’ve seen of him. Admittedly, that’s not a huge amount. Saying that, Danny Simpson was in this category and he was great for us. 

Maybe this will allow Barnes more freedom offensively if he slots in on the left. 

We do still need to cover other areas out and it’s all gone quiet on that front.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Bargains like Evans aren’t always available and you can’t fill your squad with  young raw players. 

Let’s not forget our team contained 6 or 7 21/22 year olds last season. With the bench containing more.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, a squad needs a balance to it. 

i'm not advocating just buying young players. 

Signing players for £20m+ in their mid 20's then they need to come in and make an impact. Praet and Perez have come in, mid 20's, £50m cost and neither have made the position their own. Castagne could well be another one, I'm probably being harsh on him but if he seems Atalanta's first reserve go to player, I was hoping for so much more considering the LB's that are available this window. 

• Like 2

I think a defensive full back is needed. Thomas and Ricardo are very offensive so having Justin and Castagne as good, solid defensive options. It also partially makes up for Barnes who isn't the best defensively and gives him more license to stay further up the pitch. 

Happy if we do sign him. 

I think this will turn out to be a very good signing, what we need is impact players and I think looking at Atlanta's fans views he will be, or we need now is about 2 or 3 players that will also make an impact, preferably a striker, cb and a right winger

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just me that thinks he looks a bit like Batistuta lol

skysports-timothy-castagne_5082584.jpg.7f87230a2f6e001165d50f73d16b2e20.jpg

XqO97wS.jpg.c990f9807dcd1aefa1912273094c4c7d.jpg

Have you thought of applying to be VAR official for the F.A.?  Stockley Park could use people like you.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/

Leicester get Timmy chestnuts...

Leicester agree £22m deal with Atalanta for Belgium international Timothy Castagne

Castagne has played regularly in Serie A for the last three seasons after joining from Genk

You linked the main page mate

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/01/leicester-agree-22m-deal-atalanta-belgium-international-timothy/#:~:text=Leicester have agreed a deal,both sides of the pitch.

Leicester have agreed a deal worth £22 million for Belgium full-back Timothy Castagne from Atalanta. 

Brendan Rodgers had targeted the 24-year-old following the departure of Ben Chilwell to Chelsea, with Castagne able to play on both sides of the pitch.  

The deal is in the final stages to allow Castagne to join up with Rodgers’ squad for pre-season ahead of the Premier League season

Castagne has played regularly in Serie A for the last three seasons after joining from Genk in his homeland, where he played senior football as a teenager before earning a move to Italy and being part of Gian Piero Gasperini’s squad, that reached the Champions League. 

Rodgers has needed to strengthen his full-backs as Chilwell has departed in a deal worth around £50 million and Ricardo Pereira is recovering from a serious knee injury.

James Justin, an arrival from Luton Town last season, showed promise when he switched to left-back at the end of last season; or Rodgers could use Castagne. 

Castagne’s medical is believed to have been completed and personal terms have been straightforward. He will join fellow Belgians Kevin De Bruyne and Toby Alderweireld in the Premier League and Dennis Praet – another Belgium international - is also at the King Power Stadium after being signed by Rodgers a year ago.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

You linked the main page mate

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/01/leicester-agree-22m-deal-atalanta-belgium-international-timothy/#:~:text=Leicester have agreed a deal,both sides of the pitch.

Leicester have agreed a deal worth £22 million for Belgium full-back Timothy Castagne from Atalanta. 

Brendan Rodgers had targeted the 24-year-old following the departure of Ben Chilwell to Chelsea, with Castagne able to play on both sides of the pitch.  

The deal is in the final stages to allow Castagne to join up with Rodgers’ squad for pre-season ahead of the Premier League season

Castagne has played regularly in Serie A for the last three seasons after joining from Genk in his homeland, where he played senior football as a teenager before earning a move to Italy and being part of Gian Piero Gasperini’s squad, that reached the Champions League. 

Rodgers has needed to strengthen his full-backs as Chilwell has departed in a deal worth around £50 million and Ricardo Pereira is recovering from a serious knee injury.

James Justin, an arrival from Luton Town last season, showed promise when he switched to left-back at the end of last season; or Rodgers could use Castagne. 

Castagne’s medical is believed to have been completed and personal terms have been straightforward. He will join fellow Belgians Kevin De Bruyne and Toby Alderweireld in the Premier League and Dennis Praet – another Belgium international - is also at the King Power Stadium after being signed by Rodgers a year ago.

Whoops...Chestnuts.. & Conkers..!!!

Though our fans Need to follow all the news...and Need decent Reading Material if in quarantine After their hols

Plus für Dozos forgot to mentions Tielemans....poor Sports journalism

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

It are the most relevant statistics for full backs. And xA is how good somebody is in assists, Castagne is better.

Fair enough, I’ve watched loads of Atalanta over the last 5 years and my view is Gosens is better. I still rate Castagne mind.

• Like 1