Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

Just now, UHDrive said:

I think people are over egging Luke Thomas. He's shown he has quality with great ball to feet play and tactically sound. He's also made a few mistakes too. I don't think he's ready for the high profile games yet this year but undoubtedly should be in the squad. I certainly wouldn't loan him out.

He’ll learn from those mistakes though. No better time to blood him in, without the crowds really. 

We all remember what a nightmare Chilwell had with the Millwall fans. 

...... sorry, he had cold fingers didn’t he! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Let's hope Tim, Youri and Dennis aren't tempted to talk amongst themselves in their native language..

I can hear Brendan shouting....

LANGUAGE TIMOTHY!!!!

Wonder what language Castagne speaks. Praet and Tielemans are from Dutch speaking areas, but Castagne is from a French speaking region.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I think people are over egging Luke Thomas. He's shown he has quality with great ball to feet play and tactically sound. He's also made a few mistakes too. I don't think he's ready for the high profile games yet this year but undoubtedly should be in the squad. I certainly wouldn't loan him out.

The club were never going to expect Thomas to come and play 40-50 games this season but I think they are happy to have him as the obvious long term left back that in the short term will be supported by Castagne or Justin and on the odd occasion Fuchs. Thomas will play 20+ games IMO across all competitions and thats a great next step for him and us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Hell learn more having a full season in the championship than having 5 or 6 Cup games with us. 

Still think we will keep him for the first half of the season and then look at whats happened and where we are with Europe League etc.

11 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Agree with this. I think with Thomas it's purely the physical aspect so the benefit of being out on loan is lessened. Obviously he'd get a little bit tougher but he needs to grow so he's a little more bulky and slightly quicker. Technically and mentally he's already where he needs to be (and he'll still improve on that)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'd guess that school kids in Belgium learn both languages. 

You would think but from people I've spoke to in the past that's not the case. You tend to learn Dutch, German or French depending on your region as well as English from an early age. Someone from the dutch speaking part of Belgium will generally speak better English than French and the the same with the French speaking parts in regards of dutch. It's an odd country in respects of language.

I've heard it said in the past this is part of the reason why so many Belgium footballers end up in England as they (the younger generations) all speak fluent, almost native, level English. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Exactly how I feel, there are plenty of people on here who expect us to challenge the elite clubs. I'm certainly not one of them but if we're to have a hope we have to be outstanding in the transfer market. Castagne looks like a solid PL player who is very versatile. Signings like this should make sure we'll have a solid mid table finish.

:yawn:lol

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

There's a big a cultural shift. The Flemish Belgians have taken English to heart and their English nowadays is insanely good. Better even than the Dutch (who have that awful guttural accent 'schteve')

I think the froggie Belgians stick to french and Flemish as a reluctant second bow

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I remember the Anderlecht fans that popped up on here after Wasyl signed saying that they tended to communicate amongst themselves in English a lot because obviously so many were from Dutch backgrounds and so many were from French backgrounds that it was just easier to settle in the middle. 

Think if you're from the French speaking South, you're statistically more likely to have English as your second language than Dutch but you're also more likely to be multilingual in general in the Dutch North with far more southerners only speaking French. 

Given he's a well travelled international footballer, raised in the South but trained by a Northern club and representing their national team, I'd be amazed if he isn't already fluent in English. 

2 hours ago, murphy said:

OK.

It seems the majority are pleased with this acquisition.  I am a little underwhelmed but I don't suggest for a minute that he is a bad player or lacking in quality.  As I say, I am hard to please.  I would just like to add, directed more at some others, that different opinions are permitted.

I agree with you that we should get behind our new signings, the treatment that Ghezzal received was shameful and having said my piece, I will move on, hoping to be proven wrong,

You would think it implicit in a DISCUSSION forum, but going through this thread (and often through FT), it bears not just repeating but re-emphasing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

You would think it implicit in a DISCUSSION forum, but going through this thread (and often through FT), it bears not just repeating but re-emphasing. 

Nobody in their right mind would disagree. However, it is fairly easy to spot the difference between people with differing opinions and those who just find fault with anything and everything.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, murphy said:

By reputation. 

I keep hearing that he is solid and versaltile.  Versatile and solid, so I am expecting someone who is versatile, yet solid.  A steady Eddie.

I was hoping for someone with some dynamism and attacking intent to their game.  I can only go off reports of people that watch him.

If you're looking for an attacking force at the back, Castagne is not your guy indeed. Although he is quite good in attacking, he is more of a defensive wing back. While Hateboer and Gosens were more of attacking wing backs at Atalanta. It depends on what type of back you're searching, he is all round and solid indeed. But also the same level as Gosens and Hateboer, just more defensively, more versatile, and more underrated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1