Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Fair enough, I’ve watched loads of Atalanta over the last 5 years and my view is Gosens is better. I still rate Castagne mind.

Gosens certainly fitted the Atalanta system better and is more offensive than Castagne. I believe that's why people think Gosens is better. You mentioned scoring goals, but that is not important for a full back at all. We both see things differently ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Gosens certainly fitted the Atalanta system better and is more offensive than Castagne. I believe that's why people think Gosens is better. You mentioned scoring goals, but that is not important for a full back at all. We both see things differently ;)

Without a doubt Atalanta are gung ho and Castagne is a more solid all rounder than Gosens.

11 minutes ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Who is this Slimani guy? Can we sign him for £300M?

Just a joke. At this graphic you can see Messi is a lot better :P. Although Slimani had a fantastic run in Monaco with 9 goals and 7 assists in 1.285 minutes.

Messi is 7 times better in dribbling! And he also gets dispossesed 5 times less than Slimani. That is just sickening :P. Slimani wins more aerial duels (surprise) and is a very clinical finisher, Messi needs a lot more shots for a goal. But both scored extremely easy last season.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I agree in large parts with you. But we aren't a club to risk signing all chiefs and no Indians. 

If we went entirely down the high risk / young player route, yes we'd have Maddison, Soyuncu and Wilf but also kaputska, kramaric,. Benkovic and be staring at relegation

Kramaric who's quite prolific in bundesliga and benkovic who was highly rate in celtic and is probably a starter for us at the start of the season? Kapustka's also been struggling with injuries as well which can happen to anyone, young or old and despite that rodgers rates him. Surely you could have used 3 better examples because all 3 of those could have worked out brilliantly for us had things turned out differently.

54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Praet was specifically signed as a backup, not sure why anyone would think he’d make the position his own.

You might think that’s a lot for a squad player, but that’s top end premier league football. You want proven players, who will make instant impact and be in their prime, then that is frankly not a market we can work in very often, they cost too much. 

Sometimes you need a few steady eddies, so that you can take risks around them.

Would could yet go out and get another defender. 

I am a Praet fan. He is a very useful player, with great tactical nous to tighten up a midfield getting over run. He is no show pony, but always a reliable tactician.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gerard said:

I hope you're not going to use Vardy, Kante and Mahrez as your examples?

There's a good chance we've just upgraded Amartey. 

TBF he's probably not a bad player but like the Praet and Perez signing we've signed a player who won't improve us but bolster the squad. 

Nope you don't have to even go to them to give you examples of buying cheap. Maddison, Ricardo, Soyunchu all cheap and all have at least double their price if we were to sell. 

There is value in the transfer market and yeah maybe he is an upgrade on Amartey who to honest until a horrific injury was very much amongst our first team squad thats not a bad thing. If you keep upgrading then you cannot go wrong. 

13 hours ago, shailen said:

I think a defensive full back is needed. Thomas and Ricardo are very offensive so having Justin and Castagne as good, solid defensive options. It also partially makes up for Barnes who isn't the best defensively and gives him more license to stay further up the pitch. 

Happy if we do sign him. 

Attacking full backs are a feature of the modern game and in high demand.  Steady ones, not so much.  We have seen the difference a good attacking full back can make with Ricardo and they are out there.  A player in that mould was what I was hoping to see.  Perhaps they knocked us back.

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Nope you don't have to even go to them to give you examples of buying cheap. Maddison, Ricardo, Soyunchu all cheap and all have at least double their price if we were to sell. 

There is value in the transfer market and yeah maybe he is an upgrade on Amartey who to honest until a horrific injury was very much amongst our first team squad thats not a bad thing. If you keep upgrading then you cannot go wrong. 

The trouble is we need to upgrade or replace Chilwell, not Amartey.

On an unrelated note, can we all agree to drop this Timmy Chestnuts thing before it sticks?

Please?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, murphy said:

Attacking full backs are a feature of the modern game and in high demand.  Steady ones, not so much.  We have seen the difference a good attacking full back can make with Ricardo and they are out there.  A player in that mould was what I was hoping to see.  Perhaps they knocked us back.

The trouble is we need to upgrade or replace Chilwell, not Amartey.

On an unrelated note, can we all agree to drop this Timmy Chestnuts thing before it sticks?

Please?

Only if we buy a guy called Rilassate bene...:)

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Umm, was Ricardo not statistically one of the best defenders in the league last year? 

He was but he can do both, whilst still being very effective going forward (I’m sure you know this). He’s one of the very few who can manage a flank by himself. 

A fullback/wingback that can play like Ricardo can is a rare breed at the minute. Being one of the best attacking fullbacks around doesn’t necessarily mean he can’t defend, I don’t think that’s what @shailen was alluding to. He’s good defensively but that definitely doesn’t lump him in the ‘steady’ bracket. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

He was but he can do both, whilst still being very effective going forward (I’m sure you know this). He’s one of the very few who can manage a flank by himself. 

A fullback/wingback that can play like Ricardo can is a rare breed at the minute. Being one of the best attacking fullbacks around doesn’t necessarily mean he can’t defend, I don’t think that’s what @shailen was alluding to. He’s good defensively but that definitely doesn’t lump him in the ‘steady’ bracket. 

It kinda read to me like he was implying Ricardo was defensively suspect.