Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Timothy Castagne

4 minutes ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Times Dispossed: Gosens loses the ball double of the time Castagne does.

Succeeded dribble percentage: Castagne also almost double as good.

Pass completion %: Castagne destroys Gosens

But Gosens is more attacking than Castagne

Although Castagne is slightly better in giving assists (xA)

Succesful Pressures + Interceptions: Castagne is slightly better.

Tackling in general + tackling against a dribbler: They are equal.

Aerial Duels: Gosens is much better

Conclusion: If you leave the aerial duels out. Castagne is far better than Gosens statistically.

Castagne is green, so what is the yellow and blue? What is xA?

2 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I like you, you can stick around... 

... As long as you take that back about him being more cautious in attack (although maybe the pass completion takes into account that Chilwell was adventurous as ****, but far too shit to pull it off?!?!, nothing more adventurous than passing back to Schmeichel, or a nice adventurous 2m pass to someone in no space) 

I'm really going to miss my favourite little scapegoat Chilwell (am I allowed to say that now he's gone?) 

I nominate Maddison for next year due to the cov connection, (and the rumours 😱and the see through rucksack) 

Fear not, JLingz is up to the task. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Times Dispossed: Gosens loses the ball double of the time Castagne does.

Succeeded dribble percentage: Castagne also almost double as good.

Pass completion %: Castagne destroys Gosens

But Gosens is more attacking than Castagne

Although Castagne is slightly better in giving assists (xA) how is this worked out when he had 2 versus 8?

Succesful Pressures + Interceptions: Castagne is slightly better.

Tackling in general + tackling against a dribbler: They are equal.

Aerial Duels: Gosens is much better

Conclusion: If you leave the aerial duels out. Castagne is far better than Gosens statistically.

Shouldn't you have said statistically Castagne is far better than Gosens defensively, as the latter chipped in with 10 goals and 8 assists

Positives:

• It's a signing
  • Part of an exciting Atalanta team successful domestically and in Europe
  • Versatile - can play both sides, full-back/wing-back
  • Seems reasonably highly rated
  • Only 24 so room for improvement/resale value
  • Already played with a few of our lads

Negatives:

• Seems a hefty fee for a current backup/rotation option in the last year of his contract (apparently, anyway - Sky say he's got a year left but transfermarkt have it down as expiring in June 2022 so who knows)
  • Slight concern that he seemingly couldn't displace either Gosens or Hateboer (who I accept are both very good)

Initial feeling is that we probably could have done better but could have done far worse too. Now go and get a winger and a centre back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Shouldn't you have said statistically Castagne is far better than Gosens defensively, as the latter chipped in with 10 goals and 8 assists

Gosens has 11 assists in (6022 Serie A minutes) at Atalanta, Castagne 7 assists (5266 minutes). Gosens attacks much more. So ofcourse Castagne is better in giving assists.

44 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

the stats don't like, he couldn't nail down a regular position in the team for whatever reason

Team that has finish 3rd in the last two Serie A season and the last 8 of the CL.

Still managed 40 starts 15 sub apps out of a possible 76 games in a team that was rotating selection due to competing in Europe.

For me still better then what we have, time will tell. 

52 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Can he cover for Rudkin when he takes the family to Pontins over Easter?

Yes - and can also work a fax machine - so Congers covered there.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

This one is for everybody that rather pays double for Gosens than getting Castagne. If you leave the aerial duels out, Castagne is clearly the better player statistically. And how important are aerial duels for a wing back anyway?

castgosens.jpg

I’m sorry but statistically you are missing goals and assists which are more important and Gosens looks much better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m sorry but statistically you are missing goals and assists which are more important and Gosens looks much better.

It are the most relevant statistics for full backs. And xA is how good somebody is in assists, Castagne is better.

Edited by Eden De Bruyne

29 minutes ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Gosens has 11 assists in (6022 Serie A minutes) at Atalanta, Castagne 7 assists (5266 minutes). Gosens attacks much more. So ofcourse Castagne is better in giving assists.

Ah I see, normally the player stats shown on here are over a season.

Wouldn't it have been a fairer representation, to give them the same amount of minutes from the same position from the last season before saying one is statistically better than the other, as a players form also massively varies from 1 season to season another.

There are too many variables over a players Club career, especially if the player is a known to be a utility player.

21 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Buy cheap, buy twice.

We've just bought the player who was a back up at Atalanta. The "just sign anyone" brigade will be happy though. 

Honestly the club cant win with some fans. Spend too much fans moan now buying cheap means you getting a dud. 

I won't list all the players that have let's be honest done alright for us for cheap but you don't have to think too far back. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 20.16.13.png

Scoring goals, yes - but Castagne seems to create the better chances, given his xA is higher.

Edited by Beechey

6 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Honestly the club cant win with some fans. Spend too much fans moan now buying cheap means you getting a dud. 

I won't list all the players that have let's be honest done alright for us for cheap but you don't have to think too far back. 

I hope you're not going to use Vardy, Kante and Mahrez as your examples?

There's a good chance we've just upgraded Amartey. 

TBF he's probably not a bad player but like the Praet and Perez signing we've signed a player who won't improve us but bolster the squad. 

• Like 4