Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Just now, Devonfox1884 said:

I don’t know how much you’ve heard - but do you know if the £50m is all upfront ala the Maguire fee or spread out in instalments?

Is the recent loan acquired related to this transfer I wonder, if so, no it probably is not all up front.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Was  a lot of paper talk that Maguire was close to a 50 million switch to Man United too...  possibly chelsea trying to put pressure on us to do the deal like Man United did...

I think there was something after saying it was definitely a direct £80m.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

50m is a wank fee, you won't convince me otherwise.

Should be 60m minimum IMO.

How much was Mahrez worth? A price is rarely a simple metric I imagine.

6 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Shouldn't matter we didn't get Champions League, it didn't stop us holding out for the cheddar for Maguire. Should be expecting £65m+ at least for Chilly

There was no pandemic last summer though. Considering so many people don’t seem to ‘rate him’, fair few complaints about the fee. It’ll probably have add ons that we don’t know about. I’d rather he’d stayed, but if he wants to move on, £50m in this climate is pretty good going! Anyone paying north of £60m for a full back needs their head testing.

Just now, DerbyshireFox said:

There was no pandemic last summer though. Considering so many people don’t seem to ‘rate him’, fair few complaints about the fee. It’ll probably have add ons that we don’t know about. I’d rather he’d stayed, but if he wants to move on, £50m in this climate is pretty good going! Anyone paying north of £60m for a full back needs their head testing.

“Calling Mr Guardiola, Mr Guardiola to the checkout.”

2 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I don’t know how much you’ve heard - but do you know if the £50m is all upfront ala the Maguire fee or spread out in instalments?

Don’t have a clue, knew it was close to being agreed earlier this week but it was dragging out because they couldn’t agree how much was upfront vs instalments.

• Like 1

Well, the reports linking you guys to Tagliafico make a ton of sense now. Lets be honest, 50 million is a **** ton of money, you guys got a great deal and it should go a long way to funding other signings, especially considering that Tags should probably cost around 20 million euros.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is the recent loan acquired related to this transfer I wonder, if so, no it probably is not all up front.

I did think that. But ultimately I’m not well-versed enough in the world of football finance to speculate too much lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Devonfox1884 said:

I did think that. But ultimately I’m not well-versed enough in the world of football finance to speculate too much lol 

Will do well at Chelsea.  Whilst we’re paying off the training ground and expansion this is I guess why we’re selling one key player per year.  

I guess it’s a fine line.  We can’t seen to be

seen as a team that ‘holds players back’ but also want to keep hold of key assets too.  

• Like 1

Just now, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Will do well at Chelsea.  Whilst we’re paying off the training ground and expansion this is I guess why we’re selling one key player per year.  

I guess it’s a fine line.  We can’t seen to be

seen as a team that ‘holds players back’ but also want to keep hold of key assets too.  

Exactly this. Otherwise these players won’t sign to begin with.

• Like 1