Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Not especially fussed about Chilwell leaving (definitely the most disposable of our top players and not half the player that Ricardo is). But I really hate effectively becoming a feeder club for that loathsome racist club, Chelsea. Don't even see them as a big club despite the way they've bought success under Abramovich; when I was growing up in the 80s they were getting crowds under 10k. Anyway, cheerio, Ben.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Great athlete, average footballer. 50m is a great price provided its spent well enough.

There is scope for him to improve and he probably will at Chelsea but its clear he doesn’t see his future here so good luck to the lad.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Exactly this. Otherwise these players won’t sign to begin with.

Sounds silly but that’s what I reckon.  Will be gutted when Ricardo goes, but if this is getting us the best training ground in Europe then I wouldn’t mind adopting the ‘Dortmund model’ - but our scouting has to be nigh on 100% successful for this to work.

• Like 1

Mate who’s a Chelsea fan is fuming, he’s always argued to me he thinks Chilly is shit.

I’m disappointed to see him go, I personally think he’s awesome. And will develop into a world class left back. I long for the day we can hold onto our top players and produce the wonder kids the world talk about. We’re a force in the making..... I think. 

23 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

20 mil profit to trade a 23 yr old for a 28 yr old are you having a laugh?

Age counts for less than ability, Taglifico will instantly improve us and free up another £20!m to spend elsewhere. Great news

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Sounds silly but that’s what I reckon.  Will be gutted when Ricardo goes, but if this is getting us the best training ground in Europe then I wouldn’t mind adopting the ‘Dortmund model’ - but our scouting has to be nigh on 100% successful for this to work.

It is a model we have to adopt or we are content with mid table imo

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Mate who’s a Chelsea fan is fuming, he’s always argued to me he thinks Chilly is shit.

I’m disappointed to see him go, I personally think he’s awesome. And will develop into a world class left back. I long for the day we can hold onto our top players and produce the wonder kids the world talk about. We’re a force in the making..... I think. 

I know never is a strong word but I really can't see it ever happening, even if we do become top half regulars (and sometimes a bit higher) in the next ten years. We've sold a star player each summer now for the last 4/5 years. Why be part of something when you can just join the "finished article". I kind of respect us a little more for not standing in the way of players moving on up like Palace have done with Zaha for years on end now.

• Like 1

Just now, Gazza M said:

I think it shows that we desperately need the money to improve our squad in other areas. I expect we will be spending the Chilwell money on two players. Maybe Thomas to be given a go? 

We cannot go into this season with a left back who’s played 3 senior games with no backup. Replacing Chilwell will be as important as getting a good winger/inside forward in for me

Great fee! Been a regular for 3 seasons and hasn’t improved, Can’t defend and always passes back! Ajax left back is a great upgrade if true. Reports of leicester having to ask for less is off the mark. We were one of the few clubs to pay staff and players in full during lockdown. So I don’t believe we’re running a tight ship. It’s more likely we’ll take advantage of the situation and push on. 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Age counts for less than ability, Taglifico will instantly improve us and free up another £20!m to spend elsewhere. Great news

I hope you're right but i dont see tagliafico as this massive improvement, i do think he's better but not by that much. I think if this happens then we've traded a 7/10 for an 8/10 if you factor in that tagliafico really only has 3 years or so left and chilwell can improve into a 9/10 then 20 mil really isnt worth it.