Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

£50m is plenty.

There is a global recession on, prices are not going to be what they were.

As context he’s about the same price as Werner who is a much better player and a striker to boot. 

Just now, honeybradger said:

20 mil profit to trade a 23 yr old for a 28 yr old are you laughing?

Well it depends on their relative ability doesn’t it? If we sign Tagliafico for that money and he turns out to be the same standard as Chilwell then it would be poor business.

From the relatively little I’ve seen (CL games) he looks to have more about him.

Just now, ttfn said:

Well it depends on their relative ability doesn’t it? If we sign Tagliafico for that money and he turns out to be the same standard as Chilwell then it would be poor business.

From the relatively little I’ve seen (CL games) he looks to have more about him.

Tbh i do think tagliafico suits us better for our passing style but chilwell is around the same quality with different characteristics and isnt the finished product. If you factor in the age difference we've been done over if this is true.

Just now, MPH said:

Was  a lot of paper talk that Maguire was close to a 50 million switch to Man United too...  possibly chelsea trying to put pressure on us to do the deal like Man United did...

Percy and Ornstein are not dealing in paper talk - this has been briefed to them by one or both of the clubs.

• Like 1

50 million is ok.  60 million would have been better although I don't think he's that good to warrant 60 million, 50 million is stretching it as it is.

We won't miss him and it will be interesting to see how he does.  Imo, he'll be performing above his station so it will be interesting to see how long he lasts.

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

For what it’s worth I’ve heard the £50 million is the guaranteed and there’s more ££ dependent on Chelsea winning things over the course of his first contract with them.

I don’t know how much you’ve heard - but do you know if the £50m is all upfront ala the Maguire fee or spread out in instalments?