Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

1. There has been a huge global recession. So forget what you know about player values till it settles down. 

2. Ake is 25, a better player and 10 million cheaper. So not sure on your point there. 

3. Dunk andn Tark have never had big money moves we were supposedly quoted those price by their clubs but that doesn't make them work 90 million. If you want to by my vw polo and I decide to quote you 50k that doesn't make the car worth that! 

4. Luke Shaw was 18 and an absolutely frightening prospect before he broke his leg! Man United didn't pay 30 million for the fat useless version of luke Shaw you see now! 

Sep 1 Brazil

Arthur

Midfielder

Barcelona   Juventus 72million
Sep 1 Nigeria

Victor Osimhen

Attacker

Lille   Napoli 70million

1. There has been a huge global recession, let Chelsea know then thats 123m so far

2.Ake is a Centre back with the same international caps as Chillwell, you pay a premium for English players

Not really comparable, but Lampard obviously didn't think Ake was a better player as they had first option and are being linked to center backs

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:
Sep 1 Brazil

Arthur

Midfielder

Barcelona   Juventus 72million
Sep 1 Nigeria

Victor Osimhen

Attacker

Lille   Napoli 70million

1. There has been a huge global recession, let Chelsea know then thats 123m so far

2.Ake is a Centre back with the same international caps as Chillwell, you pay a premium for English players

Not really comparable, but Lampard obviously didn't think Ake was a better player as they had first option and are being linked to center backs

No, you pay a premium for home grown players. Chilwell is no more home grown than Ake.

Chelsea made £160m from Hazard and Morata and weren't allowed to spend it.

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I think everyone would agree with that but it has to be for the right price surely 

Well yes, I cannot control that - I was more addressing the 'why do we always sell our players?' type posts. Likely to be a better team if everyone wants to be there.

I think getting £50m plus add ons of anyone’s transfer budget in this climate is good going, even if Chelsea are spending as if there’s no pandemic! We’ve shown we are not straightforward to negotiate with, but Chelsea are shrewd with transfers as well. For the amount who slate him, plenty seem disappointed with £50m! 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well yes, I cannot control that - I was more addressing the 'why do we always sell our players?' type posts. Likely to be a better team if everyone wants to be there.

True but how come similar clubs like Wolves are not selling key players every year?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SmuelMartin said:

I’ve had some abuse on here the last few days 🤣

I think in these uncertain times some people want things to feel “safe” and “secure” 😀 when there is much uncertainty.

People don’t want to believe negatives, and will argue (and at times be rude) to express their points 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

No, you pay a premium for home grown players. Chilwell is no more home grown than Ake.

Chelsea made £160m from Hazard and Morata and weren't allowed to spend it.

Morata is on this years outgoings

Didnt kovacic cost 40m

the year before they spent 190m Kepta Pulsic etc

22 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

We cant become an established team without squad progression, it doesnt work that way and if we did it your way we'd never become an established top 6 team without signing more qaulity players and strengthening the first team.

We've been doing it "my way" and just had our second best finish in the EPL,I'm shocked you think we can just go out there and buy without losing a single first team player,only the big 6 have that luxury and you know it. Stop being stubborn

• Like 1