Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Are waiting for him to actually leave before we establish our new scapegoat ... which player will be the most nervous at chillys departure ??

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Madders!!😂

1 hour ago, Greg2607 said:

Maddison. Quite clearly. 

:)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TazzerFox said:

Someone on another forum I'm on who claims to have a friend who's recently become a Chelsea first team coach says this is 100% done and they will also get Havertz and more than likely Thiago Silva. Chelsea going seriously hard in this window.

Just guess to show that our aspirations of becoming a top 4 team are a bit of a fantasy

• Like 1

Before the internet people probably said the same when we let Banks go because we rated the kid Shilton. Who thought Cambiasso would be replaced by the unwanted Kante and he would be a success. If he feels he wants to be elsewhere then let him go and good luck just do it on our terms

• Like 1

Just now, katieakita said:

Before the internet people probably said the same when we let Banks go because we rated the kid Shilton. Who thought Cambiasso would be replaced by the unwanted Kante and he would be a success. If he feels he wants to be elsewhere then let him go and good luck just do it on our terms

After our success with scouting that year most clubs massively increased and improved their scouting and analytical capabilities making it virtually impossible to get a Mahrez or Kante on the quiet again.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

To be honest I don't think there's any other club outside the top 6 who has as many players in demand as us. 

West Ham, Everton etc...don't loose a player each summer because they don't have the top 6 chasing them. If they did, then they would. This year it's Chilwell but it could so easily have been any of Ndidi, Soyuncu, Maddison, Ricardo moving to the top 6.

I see what you're saying but when you have good players there is interest and there is more interest in our squad than most others. 

The only other squad I can see being as in demand as us is Wolves so let's see what happens with them in the next couple of years. 

Agree with you but I find it very irritating that we always seem to be having to fend off the vultures circling around our top players, and much more so than the other clubs you mention.

Why is there not the same level of transfer speculation about Calvert-Lewin or Holgate at Everton? Neves, Traore or Jimenez at Wolves? Even Rice and Antonio at West Ham?

Although I suppose if 'bigger' clubs were not interested in some of our better players then it would likely mean that we would be a poorer side and would not be competing at the top end of the table as we are now.

For the record, I would prefer Chilwell to stay with us but would rather us sell him than any of the other four players you mention.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

Agree with you but I find it very irritating that we always seem to be having to fend off the vultures circling around our top players, and much more so than than the other clubs you mention.

Why is there not the same level of transfer speculation about Calvert-Lewin or Holgate at Everton? Neves, Traore or Jimenez at Wolves? Even Rice and Antonio at West Ham?

Although I suppose if 'bigger' clubs were not interested in some of our better players then it would likely mean that we would be a poorer side and would not be competing at the top end of the table as we are now.

For the record, I would prefer Chilwell to stay with us but would rather us sell him than any of the other four players you mention.

There is spec over rice

its generally agent driven - hence nothing at wolves (though jiminez has been touted past few weeks)

Everton have shite players

the reason that there has been speculation about Chilwell is because he’s  serious about leaving 

has there been any widespread speculation over any of our other players this summer ??

29 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I suspect Chilwell like Mahrez and Maguire before may have been given an indication he could move for the right price. 

In truth as the season wore on past early December his form probably dropped the furthest. He was literally torn apart by Liverpool and City on live tv and never recovered.

City may have wanted a Maguire type fee early season but you cant escape what weve all witnessed since.  Inconsistency, huge drop in confidence, caught out positionally. To balance that and this isn't about attacking Chilwell he was and is remains a fine athlete, the modern day fullback epitome. 

I think all said and done Chelsea know they are getting someone with potential BUT who perhaps has shown cracks that could hinder that progression.

Wish him well bar our matches but remain very much on the fence as to whether this lad can hit the heights.

:o I don't remember this!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He's worth a lot more than 50 million in my opinion. Maguire should have been the benchmark. We are selling a player who is still very young and Englands first choice in that position his value just from that is astronomical.

I personally think a few people on this forum will get a wake up call when Chilwell leaves. He is a fantastic full back and one of the very best in the world. I have seen him look like a world beater on numerous occasions! Whoever we end up signing as a replacement will not be up to Chilwells standard and I don't see how people don't realise that. 

50 million is a joke and we have been had by Chelsea if that is true. We are asking to become Southampton bending over like that. I thought we had more ambition than that.

Absolute nonsense. Comments like this really do p*ss me off.

A prime Kyle Walker who was imo much better than what Chilwell is or ever will be, went to Man City for £47m. Benjamin Mendy who was arguably one of the best full backs in the world when he signed for Man City went for £50m. 

Both full backs imo are arguably miles better than Chilwell. We are getting the equivalent to those fees UPFRONT, let alone the add ons that will come. 

Yes £50m is a bit meh when we’ve been seeing rumours of around £80m, but if someone would of offered you £50m around Christmas time for Chilly I guarantee you would of snapped their hands off for it. 

Fullbacks aren’t a huge market compared to other positions. £50m + add ons is a great fee imo and as long as we reinvest wisely £25/£30m on Tagliafico or Telles. Then we are the winners in this situation.

Take your negativity elsewhere.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TazzerFox said:

Someone on another forum I'm on who claims to have a friend who's recently become a Chelsea first team coach says this is 100% done and they will also get Havertz and more than likely Thiago Silva. Chelsea going seriously hard in this window.

If he’s only recently become a first team coach I doubt he will be spreading messages about transfers as he wouldn’t be in a job for very long.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

There is spec over rice

its generally agent driven - hence nothing at wolves (though jiminez has been touted past few weeks)

the reason that there has been speculation about Chilwell is because he’s  serious about leaving 

has there been any widespread speculation over any of our other players this summer ??

Yes Everton have some shite players but the two I mentioned are very decent IMO.

Regarding widespread speculation of our other players - Not yet but it's only a matter of time. You can be sure that Sky will be ramping up their transfer window frenzy over the next few weeks.

10 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Agree with you but I find it very irritating that we always seem to be having to fend off the vultures circling around our top players, and much more so than the other clubs you mention.

Take it as a compliment. It shows how good our coaching/recruitment team really is. The big clubs look at us or Everton and have a lot more trust in investing in our lads. That’s a credit to ourselves. To be honest whilst they’re throwing around silly fee’s at us and we keep improving, I say carry on lol 

8 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

In fairness there is a bit. Chelsea supposedly in for Rice. Jiminez has been touted about a bit to the likes of Juve I think and Traoré has been linked recently as well. Think the difference is the age and potential of a lot of our players.

Wolves have good players but their system and discipline makes them about as good as they can be imo. Whereas a lot of our players have a higher ceiling individually and 4/5 of our starting midfield are U23 and half our defence are U23 as well so the top clubs are more interested in our players as individuals.  

Never been a massive fan of his to be honest but I wish him all the best, like Maguire hes a good defender but to get 50 odd million for him I think weve done well, and hes the most replaceable player in our back line, no ill will towards the lad at all, folk forget that its a job to players and if he sees potential elsewhere and is gonna make alot of money then full credit to him

Personally think hes a confidence player, if he starts well he could become a big player for them, but as others have said after Man City and Liverpool tore him to peices he didnt seem the same player for us after that

Hope Chelsea fans give him the time to settle in, because if not hes in for a Drinkwater type experience at Stamford Bridge

All the best Ben

55 minutes ago, TazzerFox said:

It’s been 100% done since about January, I’m not ITK it’s just pretty obvious considering the consistent ‘rumours’.

Even John Percy’s tweet alludes to the price dropping because we didn’t qualify for the CL.

Edited by Costock_Fox

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Can’t wait for his inevitable motm award from sky sports on his debut. Just like they did with maguire. 

Honestly, I think Chilly will crumble at Chelsea as soon as he has one or two poor performances.

Look at how his performances dropped as soon as he came under the spotlight with us. Brendan had to take him out of the side to protect him. With a fan base like Chelsea’s, I honestly think he will struggle. For me he hasn’t got the self confidence to play for a top 6 club.

51 minutes ago, FoxesFourLife said:

£50m for him is a good price he is a good player but over-rated how many times did he get into a good position around the box and constantly hit the first man never looked up in the 2 games I saw Thomas play his composure to stop look and play a ball into the box was first class this lad will be better than Chilwell. 

Not if we play Fuchs instead of him he won't

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is spec over rice

Maddison

Nidi

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Schmeichel

34 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Absolute nonsense. Comments like this really do p*ss me off.

A prime Kyle Walker who was imo much better than what Chilwell is or ever will be, went to Man City for £47m. Benjamin Mendy who was arguably one of the best full backs in the world when he signed for Man City went for £50m. 

Both full backs imo are arguably miles better than Chilwell. We are getting the equivalent to those fees UPFRONT, let alone the add ons that will come. 

Yes £50m is a bit meh when we’ve been seeing rumours of around £80m, but if someone would of offered you £50m around Christmas time for Chilly I guarantee you would of snapped their hands off for it. 

Fullbacks aren’t a huge market compared to other positions. £50m + add ons is a great fee imo and as long as we reinvest wisely £25/£30m on Tagliafico or Telles. Then we are the winners in this situation.

Take your negativity elsewhere.

I'll reserve judgement till we sign Tagliafico or Telles for £25/£30m

• Like 1