Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Getting concerned with some of the reports on this. Accepting slightly less when another player is lined up is one thing, but if the reports are to be believed the Tagliafico fee hasn’t been agreed yet. 

If if we were to accept 40m up front and not have this done I’d be very worried we end up spending 20 on Lewis. Which is simply not worth doing imo 

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We are in the rare position, assuming we sign Tagliafico and sell Chilwell, where we have three first team left backs. Loaning out Thomas now whilst we still have Fuchs makes perfect sense. If he is loaned to the right team the experience he will gain will be invaluable, so many young players in recent years have profited immensely from loans to the Championship, including our very own Chilwell and Barnes. 

There will be time enough for Thomas to learn from Tagliafico when we finally let Fuchs go and he becomes his understudy for next season. 

We won’t loan Thomas out till jan when more is known about our second half season workload and Fuchs:Ricky  have proven their fitness 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beechey said:

He said "Benjamin Mendy who was arguably one of the best full backs in the world when he signed for Man City". He didn't say "is".

This is indisputable. He got 11 assists in all comps in a single season from left back before he signed for them. The hype around Mendy was insane.

And then he said he's way better than Chilwell now. I can read perfectly fine thanks.

6 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I think playing in the europa league alongside soyuncu/benkovic is better experience for thomas than playing with random teammates in the championship. I also think it would be better for thomas to make use of tagliafico's experience and learn directly from him. As we've seen with benkovic this year there's always a chance that Thomas ends up on loan with a shite manager like lee johnson and doesnt get game time.

NO! 

One of the big pluees of going out on loan as a young player is learning how to cope with new conditions, new teammates. They're taken out of a comfort zone and get to learn the real business of week in, week out football. 

The odd game in the Europa League is no substitute for experiencing what would hopefully be a full season of playing time. If it was in the Championship, even better, because the comparative standard across the whole piece is arguably higher than what you would experience in the Europa League group stages. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I see FFP has gone out the window this year for Chelsea. Can we get it confirmed by a real person?

I may be wrong, but I though FFP had been effectively 'cancelled' for this season. Plus afaik its a rolling 3-year limit, so the fact they've been working under a transfer ban has essentially meant they've got 2-3 windows worth of funding that they can use all at once.

Its absolutely insane how much they're spending relative to everyone else though. Really hope it blows up in their face and they struggle. Particularly as they're seemingly abandoning the youth-focussed approach which has been so successful for them this year at the drop of a hat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

It says if they sign him, they’ll loan him out. Zouma 2.0, but older when first joining. Could end up out on loan for the next three years!

Worse thing about them; they hoard players who would make brilliant careers elsewhere and become bench or loan players elsewhere 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Worse thing about them; they hoard players who would make brilliant careers elsewhere and become bench or loan players elsewhere 

He’s also linked with Barcelona and Arsenal in tomorrow’s papers. Could potentially have been a good option for us. As usual it’s all speculation and conjecture 

On 20/08/2020 at 22:31, MPH said:

that’s still last seasons accounts. this seasons accounts ( the upcoming one). still need to balance. you can’t spend double the money.

Uncle Abramovich.

FFP suspended for one year, and legally is now in a weak position given Man City's decision.

• Like 1

On 21/08/2020 at 19:33, honeybradger said:

20 mil profit to trade a 23 yr old for a 28 yr old are you having a laugh?

depends how you look at it, as a financial asset, the younger player is worth more.

but the 28 year old is at his peak and should get better performances from improved experience and mental strength.

obviously time will tell if its good business or not, ultimately when selling and buying players, its always a gamble.

I do feel we need to up the average age of our squad, it was a weakness.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 21/08/2020 at 20:10, l444ry said:

The deadlock is now broken whatever the fee is. The club now knows its budget and can move swiftly onto its targets.  

Indeed, one thing I hated about maguire is how it went on so long, it messed up our preparation and hindered our summer in my opinion, I always have the opinion deals should be done as early as possible.

I expect the clubs were talking over chilwell before the season even ended.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Didn’t the owners bank the maguire money? Yet to see anything spent with that! They now have 130m to spend just from 2 sales... I’d be suprised if we spend anything near that this summer 

Its not as simple as I have read in a few posts.

The accounting for the entire year is important, we have a very high wages to turnover, and included in the turnover is player sales, based on that I think at least part of the Maguire money is already spent on wages.  One could also argue the rest was spent on Tielemans, the club may have already known at that time Maguire was going and it was just a case of the negotiation getting it over the line with two clubs playing hard ball with each other dragging it out.

Edited by Chrysalis