Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

18 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Seems more certain in this article there's extra money due in the Chilwell transfer.

Think this was always likely. London media like to portray the London clubs get a good deal when early reporting stuff

50m, even in this climate, was always going to be low, especially once you factor in who they are dealing with lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ed25 said:

And this is the full article:

Leicester City are set to confirm that James Maddison has signed a new long-term contract, as the club prepares for the £50 million sale of Ben Chilwell.

Maddison has been in talks over an improved deal since last year, as reported by Telegraph Sport in February, and it is understood he committed to a four-year extension when the Premier League season was paused amid the coronavirus crisis.

The £21-million attacking midfielder has made a huge impression since moving from Norwich City in June 2018 and Leicester have been determined to offer him improved terms due to his progress under manager Brendan Rodgers.

Talks were slightly delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic but were concluded earlier this year and Leicester will make an official announcement later on Monday. Nampalys Mendy, the midfielder, is also signing a two-year contract extension.

Maddison is also making good progress after a minor procedure on a hip injury, having missed the final six games of Leicester's season.

Chilwell, however, is set to sign for Chelsea later this week bringing to an end his 11-year association with the club.

The England left-back has been Frank Lampard's No 1 target for the position and negotiations are expected to be concluded in the next 48 hours.

Leicester have agreed an initial fee of around £50 million, with further money due for add-ons and instalments.

Meanwhile, long-serving head physio David Rennie is leaving the club after more than two decades of service in a backroom reshuffle.

I hope he is going on his own terms and not been nudged out! :unsure:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Seems more certain in this article there's extra money due in the Chilwell transfer.

The fact they used instalments makes me think guaranteed money on top of the £50m, otherwise surely they would just be add ons? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think this was always likely. London media like to portray the London clubs get a good deal when early reporting stuff

50m, even in this climate, was always going to be low, especially once you factor in who they are dealing with lol

True, but i´ve never seen a transfer with huge add ons be completely ignored during reports of the final fee.
So it´s likely that the final figure is not that different from the 50M reported. Most actually reported the ad ons being worth around 5 million pounds

1 minute ago, lucashm said:

True, but i´ve never seen a transfer with huge add ons be completely ignored during reports of the final fee.
So it´s likely that the final figure is not that different from the 50M reported. Most actually reported the ad ons being worth around 5 million pounds

Now you mention it, I did see one article stating 45m with 5m addons, but I saw no other articles reinterate this so ignored it

(As it totally did not fit with what I wished to hear... lol )

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Now you mention it, I did see one article stating 45m with 5m addons, but I saw no other articles reinterate this so ignored it

(As it totally did not fit with what I wished to hear... lol )

haha i get you! The article you saw was actually from SportBild, pretty reliable.

On 23/08/2020 at 09:10, st albans fox said:

I dont think clubs like Chelsea allow themselves to be told who they can and cannot buy.  

A bit like saying to the beautiful girl that you'd love to date her and i know she'd love to date me because I'm incredibly handsome but I'm standing aside so my ugly mate can have a free run at you. It hardly endears the beautiful to your ugly mate so she'll end up with anyone but him. 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

A bit like saying to the beautiful girl that you'd love to date her and i know she'd love to date me because I'm incredibly handsome but I'm standing aside so my ugly mate can have a free run at you. It hardly endears the beautiful to your ugly mate so she'll end up with anyone but him. 

yea...that happens to me all the time....:dunno: