Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

£10m a year for the next 5 years. Not bad eh. 

Think we’ve been ripped off by Chelsea again. Sold Maguire for lots more, Chilwell younger, more potential.  

Chilwell is a average left back

Taggart for villa is better 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What annoys me is how long these things take. And we end up pissing around in the latter stages of the window trying to sort deals out. Maguire took the piss a bit and this one has dragged too. I understand there’s finances to hammer out, but when we get rid of players and then don’t leave us enough time to sign who we need we end up in a mess.

This should have been agreed before the season ended. Chelsea have clearly been active for some time, and now we’re left with a few weeks until the season starts and no new players...... which isn’t good enough, we’ve got a horrific European competition to endure as well as a very unforgiving premier league to try and compete with too. We must stop doing this, we leave ourselves far too much to do with  little time to do it. 

We need to have at least 4 new players as a minimum I think, that leaves a lot to do with the time left. 

Crack on with it and get some players in. 

We don't need four players.

Without Chilwell, unless we move someone on , we already have a squad of 22.  That doesn't include players who were loaned out last season.  We probably need a replacement left-back.  Mendy signing means we have six midfielders who are not u21s.  We probably need a centre back.  We would benefit from a right sided forward.

My understanding was it was £50 mil up front + instalments + potential add ons.

Eg. A further 10 mill next year as an instalment. And potential add ons if Chelsea win the league/ qualify for the champions league/ Chilwell dribbles the ball out of play <10 times etc. 

But thats just based off what I’ve read so no idea what the actual figure will be. 

Just now, Fox96 said:

£50m isn’t too bad but I do feel we could have got more for someone so young

Maybe the club think his injury is more serious than we know? Perhaps the add ons may be based on a number of appearances because Chelsea want to be sure? 

190k a week good luck to him hell of a punt on a fullback for 5 years also if he flops or struggles with getting back to full fitness they will struggle to off load him. Not sure a left back who imvho is not the finished article  narrows the gap to the Manchester clubs and Liverpool even with their other add on signings. 

41 minutes ago, Bert said:

£10m a year for the next 5 years. Not bad eh. 

Think we’ve been ripped off by Chelsea again. Sold Maguire for lots more, Chilwell younger, more potential.  

We don't really know what the transfer market is going to look like in a post covid world tbf. Nobody's really moving all that much. 

Plus I mean, how many defenders have ever been sold for fifty or more? You can count them on one hand I think? 

Walker, Maguire, Laporte, VVD? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

We don't really know what the transfer market is going to look like in a post covid world tbf. Nobody's really moving all that much. 

Plus I mean, how many defenders have ever been sold for fifty or more? You can count them on one hand I think? 

Maguire's astronomical fee has us all salivating for bumper crazy FM transfers. If we get 50m plus add-ons then we've actually not done too bad, as long as we get a decent replacement in with change, we're laughing.

21 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

My understanding was it was £50 mil up front + instalments + potential add ons.

Eg. A further 10 mill next year as an instalment. And potential add ons if Chelsea win the league/ qualify for the champions league/ Chilwell dribbles the ball out of play <10 times etc. 

But thats just based off what I’ve read so no idea what the actual figure will be. 

Well thanks for that.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hernandez for Bayern 

Benjamin Mendy and Stones for Man City 

So yeah one hand if you're from Norwich :ph34r:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Tanya said:

70million?

I like Ben, but that's an offer too good not to turn down.

Don't get me wrong there is loads and loads of prices being published but I think this will be the closest to what Leicester would of accepted 

The thing is with the Maguire comparison is that there is an argument to suggest that Maguire would've improved Man United (many would say he does).

Maguire has clear redeeming qualities (good in the air, ball carrying centre halves are rare). Chilwell has no stand out feature to his game other than the fact he's English and quick. £50m is a great price and although I don't think it can be described as a 'Rudkin masterclass' or whatever, we should take the cash and run.

We can be better without Chilwell but I'd also suggest Chilwell will have a better career elsewhere.

• Like 1