Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

190k a week - same as Maguire. 

And people wonder why we lose our players when the bigger clubs come knocking. We can't compete with that.

I agree and it will be a running theme for years to come until/if we can establish ourselves as regulars in the Champions League. The good thing about this, Maguire, Mahrez, Drinky, Kante etc, is that the exorbitant fees that we subsequently won't spend on just one player in replacement have allowed for a significant expansion of our club. New training ground, bigger stadium and a more rounded squad. Sustainable growth sounds good to me - Lampard is playing jeopardy at Chelsea - the weight of expectation on that squad will be enormous and could easily implode. God willing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Think it's about £70mn all in, if conditions are met.

£55mn up front and £15mn add ons.

Someone better informed might tell me otherwise?

More than happy with that if we can get the guy from Ajax whose name I can't spell for less than half that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Disgusting from a club that’s been laying off staff

Even more so when he's been spending his money on Chrome wrapping his collection of supercars!

Aubameyang shows off wacky car collection with £2million Ferrari ...

I get that he's earned that money and it's up to him to spend it how he sees fit, but yeah when people have lost their livelihood to support that lifestyle, it fills you with despair. The world isn't right!

I can only imagine the horrendous clobber Chilwell will be spotted in over the next few years around London.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

More than happy with that if we can get the guy from Ajax whose name I can't spell for less than half that. 

Tagliafoco? Or Tagliafico? Or something like that!

He's widely quoted as available for £20-£25million. Might cost a substantial signing on bonus in addition I reckon as I don't think he will be short of suitors!

Just now, weller54 said:

Who's next?..

Maddison to United next season.

Ricardo to......

Ndidi to .........

Soyuncu to ...........

They could all be offered 'Chilwell like' contracts, 200k a week etc.

We've got no chance of holding on to these type of players.

I think over the next 3 seasons, all of those players will go. But we can't really stop it, we just have to identify a suitable replacement for each position and reinvest the money where possible. 

It might feel depressing but if we are astute we can use it to build a strong and competitive squad over time. And personally I would still rather support a club that is not funded by an Oligarch or state regime, even if it means selling our best players over time.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

By this logic Borrusia Dortmund are Bayern Munich's "feeder club."

In my lifetime alone they've won five league titles and been runners up six times. Won the German Cup three times and lost in four finals. Oh and they've won the Champions League once from two finals, and been to Europa League / UEFA Cup finals. 

There's always a bigger fish. Its not about who you sell, it's about how you replace. 

This 100%

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Who's next?..

Maddison to United next season.

Ricardo to......

Ndidi to .........

Soyuncu to ...........

They could all be offered 'Chilwell like' contracts, 200k a week etc.

We've got no chance of holding on to these type of players.

No we haven't, which is why it's important to keep investing in young talent. Selling these players is funding our off the field growth, with the end game being it eventually gets easier to keep a number of them for longer. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Think it's about £70mn all in, if conditions are met.

£55mn up front and £15mn add ons.

Someone better informed might tell me otherwise?

John Percy says £50m up front with further in add ons and instalments. That suggests that even if he is absolutely heinous (more than possible) there's still guaranteed more monies to come. We've absolutely ripped them yet again.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

By this logic Borrusia Dortmund are Bayern Munich's "feeder club."

In my lifetime alone they've won five league titles and been runners up six times. Won the German Cup three times and lost in four finals. Oh and they've won the Champions League once from two finals, and been to Europa League / UEFA Cup finals. 

There's always a bigger fish. Its not about who you sell, it's about how you replace. 

Correct mate, and I think that's where the nervousness comes in.... but let's see what happens.

As an aside, we didn't just roll over when Chelsea came in and have rightly now got a reputation as hard negotiators. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

£10m a year for the next 5 years. Not bad eh. 

Think we’ve been ripped off by Chelsea again. Sold Maguire for lots more, Chilwell younger, more potential.  

When have Chelsea ripped us off? They paid over the odds for Kanté and Drinkwater and I'd say by today's standards £50m is really not a small amount for someone of Chilwell's quality. I'd argue his worth to us is less than £50m - especially when you compare him to Ricardo, who is a far better player IMO.

• Like 2