Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

Been telling you lot about the heel injury for days if not weeks and that being a potential issue. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen and in fact it may make lcfc more keen to take the cash. 

would assume he is gone once we get our replacement and Chelsea flog their fella. 

Nothing would surprise me though. 

what Id love to know is how much of the 55mn or so we are getting up front? And how much is their in add ons? Am I right to say 55mn + 15 mn? 

11 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Been telling you lot about the heel injury for days if not weeks and that being a potential issue. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen and in fact it may make lcfc more keen to take the cash. 

would assume he is gone once we get our replacement and Chelsea flog their fella. 

Nothing would surprise me though. 

what Id love to know is how much of the 55mn or so we are getting up front? And how much is their in add ons? Am I right to say 55mn + 15 mn? 

I think it’s 45 or 50 up front with some further payments guaranteed and then some add ons which are not.  We likely won’t find out until Chelsea have done their other business. I doubt we will leak the details until October when the window is shut. 

I'll be interested to see how he gets on with more consistent attacking players in front of him, part of his problem here is that we rely on our full backs for creativity. Chilwell is best in support of the winger, which is why he's done ok for England. 

7 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Personally annoyed about this one. I feel like I did about the Kante transfer. Still think of Kante fondly though. 

Drinkwater / Maguire were at the peak. We sold both at the right time.

Mahrez deserved his transfer. 

I would have liked another 12 months from Chilwell. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sly said:

Personally annoyed about this one. I feel like I did about the Kante transfer. Still think of Kante fondly though. 

Drinkwater / Maguire were at the peak. We sold both at the right time.

Mahrez deserved his transfer. 

I would have liked another 12 months from Chilwell. 

This summer sees a few very good left-backs available so it’s in our interest to sell and replace now rather than hold on to Chilwell and inevitably sell him next summer. 

53 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Still would love to know what the 'actual' total cost will be with add-ons etc

Don't think we'll ever find out. Do we know the details of the Maguire deal? The quoted figure of £80m (or was it £85m?) plus add ons. What are they? Some suggestions that UCL qualification triggered another £10m. Who knows. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Don't think we'll ever find out. Do we know the details of the Maguire deal? The quoted figure of £80m (or was it £85m?) plus add ons. What are they? Some suggestions that UCL qualification triggered another £10m. Who knows. 

So us losing the last game could have earnt us £10m? There is a thought! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I thought I'd read on here it was 50 million plus up to 15 million in add ons? 

I think its around 48m upfront with add ons leading upto 70 mill.

Im a bit gutted he is leaving but for the down payment alone its great business

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I think its around 48m upfront with add ons leading upto 70 mill.

Im a bit gutted he is leaving but for the down payment alone its great business

70million?

I like Ben, but that's an offer too good not to turn down.

£10m a year for the next 5 years. Not bad eh. 

Think we’ve been ripped off by Chelsea again. Sold Maguire for lots more, Chilwell younger, more potential.  

• Thanks 1

I feel like it's one of those where it's in everyone's best interests not to reveal the overall/eventual fee.

If it's printed as 70 million then suddenly all the headlines are 'most expensive ever etc etc' and he's loaded with pressure from day one.

Similarly we'll be screwed trying to sign anyone this summer if it's disclosed as higher.

At £50m, there's a chance this transfer just blends into the top quarter of summer transfer worldwide this year. Suits everyone.

• Like 1

What annoys me is how long these things take. And we end up pissing around in the latter stages of the window trying to sort deals out. Maguire took the piss a bit and this one has dragged too. I understand there’s finances to hammer out, but when we get rid of players and then don’t leave us enough time to sign who we need we end up in a mess.

This should have been agreed before the season ended. Chelsea have clearly been active for some time, and now we’re left with a few weeks until the season starts and no new players...... which isn’t good enough, we’ve got a horrific European competition to endure as well as a very unforgiving premier league to try and compete with too. We must stop doing this, we leave ourselves far too much to do with  little time to do it. 

We need to have at least 4 new players as a minimum I think, that leaves a lot to do with the time left. 

Crack on with it and get some players in. 

• Like 1

Be interesting to see how he gets on he’s a good players but there’s lots to work on with him. If it’s 50 plus 10 add ons then it’s a good deal, personally I don’t think we’ll miss him but we do need to start getting a few players through the door ASAP.

I'm torn as to whether I think we've got a good price or not, wan-bissaka went for a similar fee didn't he?

With Maguire you knew that's as high as it will ever be, with Chilwell there's a chance he can worth a lot more if be develops. On the other hand though there's a chance Chilwell isn't good enough and we've done well selling him for £50m

I would have hoped he'd have wanted to stay here a bit longer but don't really blame him.