Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Binning off the players listed above is easier said than done. Won’t be easy finding someone who wants them and is prepared to cover the big contracts they are likely to be on here.

Slimani's exploits this season will mean clubs will be much more interested in him than last summer, he is the one player who I think will be fairly straight forward to shift even on 80k a week. Silva we may have to agree to no transfer fee and he is effectively loaned until the end of his contract and then walks away. Amartey will have takers as he is still young and not on a huge wage, likewise Kapustka is likely to move on but probably for a nominal fee. Ghezzal is the one I worry about, could be lumbered with him.

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

depending on his fitness I wouldn’t necessarily bin of amartey this summer with Ricardo and and the problems at left back. Could need Justin to move left back and amartey come in at right back. Keep him until January and assess then.  

He needs a move though, approaching 21 months of no football.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Slimani's exploits this season will mean clubs will be much more interested in him than last summer, he is the one player who I think will be fairly straight forward to shift even on 80k a week. Silva we may have to agree to no transfer fee and he is effectively loaned until the end of his contract and then walks away. Amartey will have takers as he is still young and not on a huge wage, likewise Kapustka is likely to move on but probably for a nominal fee. Ghezzal is the one I worry about, could be lumbered with him.

Ghezzal still got 2 years left? 

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He needs a move though, approaching 21 months of no football.

Ye he does need a move to get back playing. I wonder When he’s due to be fully fit to return? Rogers may want to see him fully fit also??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Just reading this puts in to perspective how much dead wood we have. I forgot half of those existed.

We have been carrying them for to long now, surely we have a plan in place to move on all our unused squad players. 

9 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Nobody will buy him if he is out until October. Nobody will buy Maddison with Grealish available (if he is available). I think the only way we're getting a cash influx is if we get CL money. Otherwise I think we can kiss new signings goodbye.

We've spent the best part of 100m for the last three summers and are sat on the maguire money....what makes you think we wont? We still get 142m for finishing 5th!

• Like 1

I doubt we can give some of theexcess Timber away. For example, probably best to bin off Slimani for free and then hope a another Club pay him a signing on wedge to compensate his early contract termination with us as no fee paid to us.  Writing off may have to be considered in some cases.

I sincerely hope Congers is better at recruitment than his reputation suggests.

Do we think we missed a bullet not beating Everton to Sigurdsson?

20 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We've spent the best part of 100m for the last three summers and are sat on the maguire money....what makes you think we wont? We still get 142m for finishing 5th!

That money has to go to our other expenses, if you look at one of the financial reports on here it shows we're pretty skint if we don't make CL in terms of transfer money.

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

That money has to go to our other expenses, if you look at one of the financial reports on here it shows we're pretty skint if we don't make CL in terms of transfer money.

We're certainly not skint, yes there are other investments but the loans are long term secured loans. 

You're basically looking at a summer where we're looking at serious investment 50-60m or more of the same. I wouldnt panic, the people that stand to lose the most over not qualifying for the CL are the players and the manager.

Also as some have said there's a lot of big earners that'll be off the wage bill in the summer - silva and slimani so there's cash to spend there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We're certainly not skint, yes there are other investments but the loans are long term secured loans. 

You're basically looking at a summer where we're looking at serious investment 50-60m or more of the same. I wouldnt panic, the people that stand to lose the most over not qualifying for the CL are the players and the manager.

Also as some have said there's a lot of big earners that'll be off the wage bill in the summer - silva and slimani so there's cash to spend there.

But surely we have to take a huge hit on the fees to generate that saving so it’s swings and roundabouts ???

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Cash flow yes but balance sheet ??  You’re probably right re ‘ffp’ element of wages ....

Thats been the biggest drag for us, the whole championship fine has been a big concern for the club as they don't want to get stung again and a lot of clubs will be watching us closely as we're a big threat along with wolves. If we want to spend money we will, i dont think its shit or bust.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Slimani and Silva are only off the wage bill if we get rid of them..

43 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Weve spent that money though, the biggest expense now is the circa 7m they take off the wage bill

In the scenario that we end up in the Europa League, do you think we would recall and use the likes of Silva, Slimani, Benkovic and Ghezzal? And thus, not spend much money to pad out the squad, maybe just pick up the odd free signing here and there? 

I don’t think there is going to be vast movement in the market this Summer

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Thats been the biggest drag for us, the whole championship fine has been a big concern for the club as they don't want to get stung again and a lot of clubs will be watching us closely as we're a big threat along with wolves. If we want to spend money we will, i dont think its shit or bust.

See this is the really sad thing about our league. The big guns all dip and dive through the rules and avoid punishments or get reduced punishments. Yet they'll all be glued to our finances to give us the least possible wiggle room and make sure we don't catch them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We really need to be quick to get the 2-3 free transfers available in Malang Sarr, Adil Aouchiche and/or Angel Gomes.

Gomes likely to cost several million in compensation but he would be the ideal back up to Maddison. We could then look to free up as much wages as possible in binning Silva, Slimani, Amartey, Ghezzal, Kapustka, Diabate and a few others and hopefully have enough money left to get a left footed right winger to come and make an impact. 

Luka Jovic on a season long loan with the obligation to buy at £31m next summer and I'll meet you in the winners enclosure. 

Aouchiche seems to have turned down contract offers from us and Arsenal and is heading to Saint-Etienne to join up with Puel

• Sad 1