Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

To be fair it's all potentially media talk about him wanting to live in london etc... Brendan did say he doesn't have the impression Ben wants to go which to me reads as he hasn't asked to go? He has also just made him part of the leadership group? Doesn't mean he won't but I've stopped reading it all now. One of our players is linked somewhere else every day 😊

Edited by Hales

If he does go I'd be interested in picking up Lewis and Cantwell (which should be possible for the money we're talking about) from Norwich. They're young and good and have had a season in the prem getting used to each other and the level.

On 23/06/2020 at 18:40, Filberts lovechild said:

If Chelsea want him & acceptable to both players, how many would take a straight swap for Kante who’s apparently not wanted by them anymore 🙋‍♂️

Pretty sure I read somewhere last year that Kante had been made the highest earner at  chelsea on around 300k Pw. We could have 4 decent quality players for that

Edited by urban fox

16 hours ago, FIF said:

If he does go I'd be interested in picking up Lewis and Cantwell (which should be possible for the money we're talking about) from Norwich. They're young and good and have had a season in the prem getting used to each other and the level.

Lewis would be particularly interesting, I think they would want too much for cantwell. Both would be great additions though. 

28 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

So Chelsea are interested in Tagliafico who Ajax will sell but that means they will defo sign Chilwell who Leicester don’t want to sell. 

Fantastic logic from the media.

...Just reading that Twitter post, it means Tagliafico will go to Leicester and Chilwell to go to Chelsea as out of the two players, Chilwell is the preferred choice of Lampard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc81 said:

Lewis would be particularly interesting, I think they would want too much for cantwell. Both would be great additions though. 

We're only selling Chilwell if we get about £80m. Norwich are going down, they won't want to sell but Cantwell and several others will want to leave. Just like with Maddison, Norwich know that they can only compete in the championship and return to the prem by selling assets for good prices and bringing through new youngsters which they are good at. I think we could get Cantwell and Lewis for less than £80m.

On 27/06/2020 at 17:53, FIF said:

I do like Cantwell, he reminds me of Muzzy Izzet and would be a perfect fit for us.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

I do like Cantwell, he reminds me of Muzzy Izzet and would be a perfect fit for us.

I dunno about him. Seems like he's running in treacle sometimes - lower half of the Prem type player to me. 

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We should only sell Chilwell if we can find another similar left back who’s strength is carrying the ball up the pitch.

That's part of the problem though, both he can Barnes want to do that. It's been said on here before but I reckon Barnes will thrive without Chilwell, he has done a few times this season.

Ricardo does it so well because he has Perez/Albrighton in front of him who are not that type of player. Look at Mahrez, great ball carrier had Simpson behind him covering.

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

We should only sell Chilwell if we can find another similar left back who’s strength is carrying the ball up the pitch.

I dread to think without Ben, in the absence of Ricardo, we wouldn’t get past the half way line at the minute.

I think we could find that, Chilwell is a great ball carrier, but is often let down by he final ball or cross!

I always think of him as a more attacking full back then Fuchs, but his assists stats are the same (In fairness his played 7 games less then Fuchs) and he's scored 4 to Fuchs 2. 

I'd love us to keep him, but I just think we need the money to strengthen else where, a forward and a wide player. 

Edited by coolhandfox

On 01/07/2020 at 14:28, coolhandfox said:

I think we could find that, Chilwell is a great ball carrier, but is often let down by he final ball or cross!

I always think of him as a more attacking full back then Fuchs, but his assists stats are the same (In fairness his played 7 games less then Fuchs) and he's scored 4 to Fuchs 2. 

I'd love us to keep him, but I just think we need the money to strengthen else where, a forward and a wide player. 

I think we'd be wasting our money on a forward at the moment. Even when Vardy isn't performing he's not getting dropped. Another forward would just be sat on the bench. Iheanacho can hardly get game time yet his goals and assists per minute this season are very impressive. He's been good when Vardy was out but still found himself back on the bench. I can't see where another forward would fit.

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think Ben offers a great outlet and forward drive. He could probably skin a lot of LM & LBs. But once he approaches the box, the 'vision' and execution isnt there. This is where Robertson is much superior. If the penny drops in this aspect of his game, he will be a top player.

His lack of confidence/end product in the final third could be to do with our 'fanbase' hounding him at every opportunity :whistle:

• Like 1