Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

ergh

OLE CHIL-LED OUT 

Man Utd take pole position in £60million transfer scrap for Ben Chilwell as Solskjaer builds team for title challenge

MANCHESTER UNITED will battle it out with Chelsea and Man City for £60million Ben Chilwell.

The Leicester left-back has emerged as a major transfer target for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this summer as the Red Devils boss builds a side to challenge for the title next season.

And the move will cast doubt over the future of Chilwell’s England team-mate Luke Shaw.

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard was convinced he had Chilwell lined up as part of his spending spree that has seen £80m pair Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech arrive.

The Blues are clearing the decks for more big-name reinforcements.

They are hopeful of selling left-back Emerson Palmieri to Inter Milan in a £15m deal.

City are also keen on landing Chilwell to replace Benjamin Mendy but United are moving into pole position for the 23-year-old England international.

Pep Guardiola is keen to boost the dethroned champions’ back four and a centre half to replace Vincent Kompany is his top priority.

However, Mendy has struggled with fitness issues and has failed to nail down a regular place at left back, rotating with Ukrainian Oleksandr Zinchenko - a converted midfielder.

Losing Chilwell would be a big blow for Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers.

He is a Leicester academy graduate and has made 123 appearances for the club over five seasons.

Chilwell signed a new long term contract in October 2018 that runs out in 2024.

If successful, it will be the second time United will have raided Leicester’s defence in a year after landing Harry Maguire last summer for £80m.

Just sell everyone and join the Trees and Sheep for a decade in the Championship (along with Villa).    This 'big 6' crap and bias is quite irritating at times. It seems they can cherry pick who they like, when they like.   If he goes, just take Woody's pants down again - 80M or FO.

• Like 1

Good shout by Ole ...  actually think he does know what he is doing and been quite impressed by him. 

Chilwell will link in very well with Maguire ...  both at City and for England they had an understanding and Maguire was quite adept at pinging the ball out to him and setting up a quick attack ...   Cags doesn’t do that as much and I’ve seen them shouting at each other a few times ...  that might not help us hanging on to him.   Certainly some big interest in him now and I’m starting to get worried ...  big loss if he goes ...   mind you that young lad Fuchs could do a job ..  :thumbup:

Why don't we just stop entertaining the idea of selling first team players to our domestic rivals? You wouldn't see any of the other teams around us doing it. They've already had Mahrez, Kante and Maguire. It should end there. It makes no sense to weaken ourselves whilst strengthening a club we should be competing with next season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

Why don't we just stop entertaining the idea of selling first team players to our domestic rivals? You wouldn't see any of the other teams around us doing it. They've already had Mahrez, Kante and Maguire. It should end there. It makes no sense to weaken ourselves whilst strengthening a club we should be competing with next season.

I agree but the trouble is if they really want to go it’s creates a bad situation that doesn’t do the club or the players any favours and can lower morale ...   tough one.   

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I agree but the trouble is if they really want to go it’s creates a bad situation that doesn’t do the club or the players any favours and can lower morale ...   tough one.   

I get what you mean, but as long as we are competitive at the right end of the table then I can't see any justifiable reason a player would want to leave. Take this summer for example, no player in their right mind should want to abandon this project. 

I don't think the motivation for Chelsea and Man United is because they really want Chilwell, because I think what they really want is to weaken us. We have become a very real threat, and they know it.

• Like 1

Typical Man United mind games directed at a current rival.

If Burnley were in our position it would be an article about McNeil, or if it were Southampton it would be about Ings.

Ignore.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I get what you mean, but as long as we are competitive at the right end of the table then I can't see any justifiable reason a player would want to leave. Take this summer for example, no player in their right mind should want to abandon this project. 

I don't think the motivation for Chelsea and Man United is because they really want Chilwell, because I think what they really want is to weaken us. We have become a very real threat, and they know it.

And I understand what you mean ...   great club moving forward, one of the best managers in the prem and (maybe) European football ...   against linking up with his mate Harry (see my previous post), one of the biggest clubs in the world, (maybe) European football ...    oh, and loads and loads of wonga so he can buy lots of expensive pretty headphones, big watches and flashy Italian sports cars ...  

And if he goes I will be gutted ..  call him a greedy cvnt and boo him every time we play against him ...   :)

Who knows maybe the (maybe) European football will have a bearing ...   that's why we must do our best to ensure we get it ...   and ideally ..  they don't !

26 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Typical Man United mind games directed at a current rival.

If Burnley were in our position it would be an article about McNeil, or if it were Southampton it would be about Ings.

Ignore.

Runs deeper than that it seems that whenever we play a big club there's suddenly lots of rumours flying about our players leaving for them.

The media actually hate our success. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, frany104 said:

The problem with constantly selling your players to other rivals in the top 6 is that you are giving the impression we can’t keep hold of our players. I know we will get good money for chilwell but can we say that his replacement is going to better or as good?? Clubs will know we have money to spend on a replacement and we will be buying at a higher rate. I’d love us for one season to say no to selling our players and go out and buy 2 star signings to have a real go at cementing our spot in the top 6. A couple of seasons qualifying for Europe will do our reputation the worlds of good and allow us to start attracting a higher quality player. 

Financially, we need to sell to buy right now. Even if we end up with CL money, we will be on thin ice. We should do what we did last window and buy everyone before selling Chilwell.

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Financially, we need to sell to buy right now. Even if we end up with CL money, we will be on thin ice. We should do what we did last window and buy everyone before selling Chilwell.

Surely that will drive his price down as other clubs will know we would have to off load him.

Edited by MGLCFC

6 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Surely that will drive his price down as other clubs will know we would have to off load him.

Not necessarily, as there is apparently interest from a lot of clubs which always drives prices up and we could scrape some funds together from the likes of Gray, Silva and Slimani.

Edited by Nicolo Barella

44 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Not necessarily, as there is apparently interest from a lot of clubs which always drives prices up and we could scrape some funds together from the likes of Gray, Silva and Slimani.

Not sure how it works but if we have to pay off their contracts in one go it might be cheaper to keep them and get a loan fee with some of their wages paid than to offload them for a small fee payable over several years. 

• Like 1