Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

On 11/07/2020 at 05:27, 4everfox said:

Why don't we just stop entertaining the idea of selling first team players to our domestic rivals? You wouldn't see any of the other teams around us doing it. They've already had Mahrez, Kante and Maguire. It should end there. It makes no sense to weaken ourselves whilst strengthening a club we should be competing with next season.

This is the one area where American sports have it all over football. We have salary caps in most sports so it avoids the caste system that all the Euro leagues have. Most teams refuse to do business with their direct competitors - i.e. teams in their own divisions, at least when it comes to moving impact players.  

Edited by TeaMen Tom
  • Like 3

On 12/07/2020 at 10:58, foxinsocks said:

There is no way we should sell chillwell to a competitor... chilly and his agent need to look overseas 

This could prove tricky for some of our fans though as they'd have to fly him there themselves. 

I think the last few games have proven we cannot play that well with one of our first team regulars out let alone more than that. We have really missed both of our full backs and their pace. I don't think we should entertain selling either of them or Maddison, Evan's, Ndidi, Cags, Tielemans, Vardy or Kasper. The team cannot cope with those losses. I appreciate Chilly divides opinion but no-one can deny his work rate and stamina and pace up and down that left side.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hales said:

I think the last few games have proven we cannot play that well with one of our first team regulars out let alone more than that. We have really missed both of our full backs and their pace. I don't think we should entertain selling either of them or Maddison, Evan's, Ndidi, Cags, Tielemans, Vardy or Kasper. The team cannot cope with those losses. I appreciate Chilly divides opinion but no-one can deny his work rate and stamina and pace up and down that left side.

Sadly without the extra 30m or so that the Champions League generates we may be forced into selling a star in order to reinforce the team for the Europa League. We've struggled this year playing just domestically, when you add another 6-12 European games to it, it looks tough.

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Sadly without the extra 30m or so that the Champions League generates we may be forced into selling a star in order to reinforce the team for the Europa League. We've struggled this year playing just domestically, when you add another 6-12 European games to it, it looks tough.

Sadly you may be right but I think the offloading should definitely be starting with the bench warmers and squad members that never play. That would generate some income and reduce wages. Controversial I know but we need to stop giving out contract extensions based on hearts and not minds. Did Wes really need a new contract? He hasnt played in forever and the last time he did he went off injured early doors. I think keeping our "stars" is a must really especially in the areas we have no ready replacement such as the full back positions. The transfer window is not going to be that exciting for many clubs unless you are from Manchester or Chelsea 🙄 Most will have a small budget and no-one is going to pay over like Maguire either. It's a hard situation as we have a talented young team but no depth for injuries. Glad I'm not making the decisions 😁

• Like 1

On 13/07/2020 at 10:41, Lesta2014 said:

Reckon he has a move lined up already 

Controversial, complete cynicism and no evidence to suggest this point....

But would players deliberately choose to be in pain from an injury to protect a move away? 

he has a heel pain, I’m no expert, but surely pain relief would help?

15 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Controversial, complete cynicism and no evidence to suggest this point....

But would players deliberately choose to be in pain from an injury to protect a move away? 

he has a heel pain, I’m no expert, but surely pain relief would help?

He has plantar fasciitis, a common problem that I've had for a few years. Pain relief, manipulation and insoles. Job done, off you trot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

He has plantar fasciitis, a common problem that I've had for a few years. Pain relief, manipulation and insoles. Job done, off you trot.

Indeed, but it is ligament damage, no? The last thing the club will want is to push him too hard and really damage himself. Ligaments I believe take a while to fully heal. I wouldn't imagine he'll be playing until it's healed.

"Sometimes, players with football plantar fasciitis ‘play through the pain’ and ignore the injury. This can aggravate the injury quite badly. Sometimes, someone with plantar fasciitis will change their gait in order to avoid pain, but this can put unexpected pressure on the knees and hips."

"The most common way to heal plantar fasciitis is to rest the injured foot as much as possible. Ligaments can be slow to heal. Walking, running, jumping and other physical activities can inflame the injury further. This will extend recovery times. Supportive footwear and orthotics may be appropriate to help absorb some of the downward pressure from walking during recovery."

https://enertor.com/blogs/enertors/football-plantar-fasciitis

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Indeed, but it is ligament damage, no? The last thing the club will want is to push him too hard and really damage himself. Ligaments I believe take a while to fully heal. I wouldn't imagine he'll be playing until it's healed.

"Sometimes, players with football plantar fasciitis ‘play through the pain’ and ignore the injury. This can aggravate the injury quite badly. Sometimes, someone with plantar fasciitis will change their gait in order to avoid pain, but this can put unexpected pressure on the knees and hips."

"The most common way to heal plantar fasciitis is to rest the injured foot as much as possible. Ligaments can be slow to heal. Walking, running, jumping and other physical activities can inflame the injury further. This will extend recovery times. Supportive footwear and orthotics may be appropriate to help absorb some of the downward pressure from walking during recovery."

TBH my footballing days are behind me @Beechey! For gym work, swimming & walking I have no issues at all after stretches, Ibuprofen and use of insoles (not in the pool of course!).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Weirdly, Royal Mail's solution to on going Plantar Fasciitis is to "walk it off."

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

If Luke is to have two decent remaining games we can charge what we want for Chilwell this summer, absolutely under no pressure to sell Him for anything other than he’s worth. 

Luke is ready to transition into more games where necessary it would seem, but you think he's Europe-ready or a solid first-teamer from 1-3 games?

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Rodgers - Merc

Chilwell's future?

"No, not at all (bracing for bids). He’s a Leicester player, he’s not a player that I’m worried about at all. We’ve got a fantastic squad, and one that we want to keep together. There’s no intention for us to sell Ben Chilwell, and we don’t need to sell Ben Chilwell. He’s not for sale.”

• Like 1

Perfect use of the phrase "we don't need to sell" basically if he goes it will be a massive offer and if he pushes for a move. 

If he goes we will get 60+ for me we would be mad to sell for anything less he is still so young and full of potential and if we want to continue competing at the top we can't strengthen our rivals 

This may be an unpopular opinion on here but given the players required for next season and the potential transfer fees being reported for both of them I'd sacrifice both Chilwell and Maddison to fund a re-build of sorts.

If scouting has been on point and things have been planned properly behind the scenes, which Leicester as a club seem to be one of the better ones at I think both players could be adequately replaced from the continent with a bit to spare to go out and get the other players required, like a top wide player for example.

It may even be the case there is more value than usual to be found on the continent this summer what with the financial impact of the pandemic on league's and clubs where tv money isn't the crux of their income, France for example and  the rumours about Lyon.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion on here but given the players required for next season and the potential transfer fees being reported for both of them I'd sacrifice both Chilwell and Maddison to fund a re-build of sorts.

If scouting has been on point and things have been planned properly behind the scenes, which Leicester as a club seem to be one of the better ones at I think both players could be adequately replaced from the continent with a bit to spare to go out and get the other players required, like a top wide player for example.

It may even be the case there is more value than usual to be found on the continent this summer what with the financial impact of the pandemic on league's and clubs where tv money isn't the crux of their income, France for example and  the rumours about Lyon.

I think the issue with that is that both would need replacing so your just increasing squad turnover. 

We've seen from the last few windows that players will only leave for crazy money and I think that's the same again.

There's also the issue of not wanting to pay over inflated prices once clubs know you've got a few quid in your pocket. 

I think 3-4 quality players with something to prove or needing more developing in the right positions is much more likely and more affordable.

42 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I'd rather get replacements in now and sell next year. The new ones get bedded in then as we did with Caglar

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'd rather get replacements in now and sell next year. The new ones get bedded in then as we did with Caglar

Yeah ideally that would be the best option but the economic climate has changed so much that such an approach may no longer be viable. This season anyway.