Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

8 hours ago, Koke said:

we have to sell Chilwell to improve the overall quality of the squad. Even if its a £50-55m sale. We could get 2 good players for that. 

This squad needs reinforcement if we wanna challenge for top 4

So we are now a club that has to rely on selling to buy ???  there aren’t many top six clubs that have to sell their best players to afford to buy new ones ........infact are there any ....... just saying ........

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So we are now a club that has to rely on selling to buy ???  there aren’t many top six clubs that have to sell their best players to afford to buy new ones ........infact are there any ....... just saying ........

We’ve always been that club. Our revenues aren’t high enough to justify £30m transfers and be sustainable. 

Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Maguire have proved this previously. 

We’re not yet a top six club that can fully compete with big guns and people need to stop thinking that. Truth hurts. 

You also need to factor in huge new contracts, the training ground, planned stadium expansions and covid-19’s impact on KP. We’re not playing Football Manager.

• Like 1

Just now, Hales said:

We absolutely should not be selling him to a rival club - Chelsea or Man Utd..... We need to keep the spine of this team together not sell it. Get rid of the dead wood and bench warmers first!

Because teams will be beating our door down trying to throw money at us for them?

23 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

We’ve always been that club. Our revenues aren’t high enough to justify £30m transfers and be sustainable. 

Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Maguire have proved this previously. 

We’re not yet a top six club that can fully compete with big guns and people need to stop thinking that. Truth hurts. 

You also need to factor in huge new contracts, the training ground, planned stadium expansions and covid-19’s impact on KP. We’re not playing Football Manager.

I know this - I’m not sure many do. The general football community think we have wealthy owners that bank roll the club .

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I know this - I’m not sure many do. The general football community think we have wealthy owners that bank roll the club .

Unfortunately fans are blinded by success. Before the title win, if you told me in 5 years time that we’d have won the league and be taking Man Utd to the last game for top 4 i’d tell you to **** off! 

We’re not huge globally, the ‘big six’ are. If we can consistently finish where we have for a few years then our profile will increase massively, which is what we should be trying to achieve in my opinion.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

Unfortunately fans are blinded by success. Before the title win, if you told me in 5 years time that we’d have won the league and be taking Man Utd to the last game for top 4 i’d tell you to **** off! 

We’re not huge globally, the ‘big six’ are. If we can consistently finish where we have for a few years then our profile will increase massively, which is what we should be trying to achieve in my opinion.

Spot on. It is time to play the long game.

One FA cup win may make the fans happy for that moment but finishing 3rd or 4th for 6 seasons in a row, with no cup win, would be far far better for the club and its profile globally. 

• Like 1

He should not be sold. Now that it is time to bear fruit from the experience and game time he's been given here we're trying to sell him and repeat it all over again with Thomas. Selling him would weaken us and strengthen a league rival. If we can't buy new players without selling him then so be it but we keep him.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Spot on. It is time to play the long game.

One FA cup win may make the fans happy for that moment but finishing 3rd or 4th for 6 seasons in a row, with no cup win, would be far far better for the club and its profile globally. 

100% agree.

It’s a business now and if we can increase our revenue scope combined with the training facilities and stadium plans, then I’m confident we can compete with Spurs/Arsenal as I can see them breaking away from the other four soon.

• Like 1

Chilwell is probably our most maligned player on here ( there is scompetition from Gray and Junior Lewis).

Without him, we didn't do very well.  He, along with other missing players, is an important member of our team.  We should keep him.  Fuchs' age is an I increasing factor.  Thomas has a lot of development to do.  A new left back is no guarantee of success.

We have the England left back who came through the academy.  I hope he stays.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

100% agree.

It’s a business now and if we can increase our revenue scope combined with the training facilities and stadium plans, then I’m confident we can compete with Spurs/Arsenal as I can see them breaking away from the other four soon.

You think with our 32-40k stadium (even after expansion) in Englands 13th largest city will be able to compete with Spurs and Arsenal in their 60k stadiums in London, a world city of 12M+.  While I admire your optimism, it isn't realistic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

You think with our 32-40k stadium (even after expansion) in Englands 13th largest city will be able to compete with Spurs and Arsenal in their 60k stadiums in London, a world city of 12M+.  While I admire your optimism, it isn't realistic.

Maybe it doesn’t read correctly, by competing with Spurs and Arsenal i’m talking league position. 

The other four will strengthen (Chelsea already have significantly) and will breakaway.

Arsenal have some good youngsters but Aubameyang is their only real star. For Spurs, I think they’ve already hit their high and will fade if Kane moves on.

Just now, PrecociousFox93 said:

Maybe it doesn’t read correctly, by competing with Spurs and Arsenal i’m talking league position. 

The other four will strengthen (Chelsea already have significantly) and will breakaway.

Arsenal have some good youngsters but Aubameyang is their only real star. For Spurs, I think they’ve already hit their high and will fade if Kane moves on.

Except they have the resouces to spend double or more than we do every season.  Yes they have ****ed that up recently, but they won't forever.  Part of Spurs problem imo is they seem to expect that once they break into the top 4 it somehow sticks and they stop bringing in top talent.

11 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

And do you in turn think the size of a city in the UK is the deciding factor for fans half way around the world? :)

It no longer works like that, as it now works on global fans not city based populations.

Get on TV, get global fans, get good league position and you get on TV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Except they have the resouces to spend double or more than we do every season.  Yes they have ****ed that up recently, but they won't forever.  Part of Spurs problem imo is they seem to expect that once they break into the top 4 it somehow sticks and they stop bringing in top talent.

That’s my whole point though. Success = global exposure. If we regularly finish in the top 6 then we start competing. 

I travelled Asia in 2018, a lot of locals there love us (I saw quite a few wearing shirts). You say Arsenal ****ed it up recently, but they’ve been on a decline for 15years or so. 

We’ve made astronomical progress in the past five years, it’s now about progressing that and making it sustainable.

• Like 1

Didn’t know where else to put this, but I seen someone quote about the amount of chances created per game by Thomas, compared to other players in the squad. But can’t find it anywhere currently having a debate with a few friends & would like to use those stats lol 

Can anyone help me find this post?

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Didn’t know where else to put this, but I seen someone quote about the amount of chances created per game by Thomas, compared to other players in the squad. But can’t find it anywhere currently having a debate with a few friends & would like to use those stats lol 

Can anyone help me find this post?

In the luke thomas thread in the main forum 

• Like 1

On 27/07/2020 at 09:02, MickeyMouse said:

He should not be sold. Now that it is time to bear fruit from the experience and game time he's been given here we're trying to sell him and repeat it all over again with Thomas. Selling him would weaken us and strengthen a league rival. If we can't buy new players without selling him then so be it but we keep him.

...If he wants to go, there's no point in keeping him!!!

Subject to another club meeting our evaluation, our hands will be tied.

• Like 1