Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I knew what I’d done the minute I’d posted it, then my phone died 🥴, anyone know when he’s contracted until? I think diabete is 2022 so I’m guessing the same.

Correct both contracted until 2022

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

How in need of cash are they? They got CL football and their DoF said they aren't selling any of their players...

Sorry for answering you late.

I just put 1 and 1 together and made this projection...the fans in Germany have majority ownership of the clubs and private/commercial investments are restricted and undesired. No investment funds or whole countries behind them. Even before Covid, most clubs sold their best to make ends meet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Sorry if I'm coming across as a dick, but can you give a bit more context please? Do your friends and family work at the club? Are they Slimani's agents?

Yes certainly, it's your right to check the facts. I'm not in the UK, France or Portugal. When I said friends and family, I meant the moustachioed, sun-wizened and coffee mugs sharing folks who live in Slimani's birth place, the fishing village of Ain Benian or his friends in his former club Belcourt, in Algiers, as well as those who work with me here on the edge of the Sahara desert.

Please be my friend.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

..they can't afford him!!!

It will be another loan along with Silva as Monaco are more than aware we need their salaries off our books and we are no doubt subsidising their wages.

Slimani has already said he will take a pay cut to leave permanently, he may well command a transfer fee but Silva it will be another loan where his wages are covered at best. Either way in terms of our finances, the payments on them are in the past i'd have thought and getting their collective £150-200k a week wages off the books is paramount.

Without champions league we're on the same level as the likes of Crystal Palace and Southampton and behind Wolves and Everton.

We're going to be fighting for our lives to be a mid table club which is what we are.

This season is a bit of a freak season in terms of our league position.

• Haha 2

with UEFA ffp being put aside for this season, clubs like Chelsea can spend exorbitant sums this summer. i suspect if Lampard tells abramovitch that he needs to spend whatever it takes then we sell ….. i sort of feel that if chilly was having injections to get him through games then perhaps he could have had more. if we had no intention to sell then would be our problem if that ruined his chances of being fit for the restart ….

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

with UEFA ffp being put aside for this season, clubs like Chelsea can spend exorbitant sums this summer. i suspect if Lampard tells abramovitch that he needs to spend whatever it takes then we sell ….. i sort of feel that if chilly was having injections to get him through games then perhaps he could have had more. if we had no intention to sell then would be our problem if that ruined his chances of being fit for the restart ….

I think he is having an operation so worse than first thought and past injections? Playing on with that condition can make things a lot worse and cause other issues.

2 hours ago, Hales said:

I think he is having an operation so worse than first thought and past injections? Playing on with that condition can make things a lot worse and cause other issues.

If it’s an op then fiat do’s .... be interesting to see if they are willing to buy him whilst he is recuperating (although the window goes to early October )

If we lose Chilwell and get the reported £60-70m then I must admit I wouldn’t be extremely sad for him to leave. 

Grimaldo / Gosens / Tagliafico would all be suitable replacements with plenty of cash leftover to improve in other areas. 

Thomas’ development over the next few years will be very interesting too!

we have to sell Chilwell to improve the overall quality of the squad. Even if its a £50-55m sale. We could get 2 good players for that. 

This squad needs reinforcement if we wanna challenge for top 4

4 hours ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

If we lose Chilwell and get the reported £60-70m then I must admit I wouldn’t be extremely sad for him to leave. 

Grimaldo / Gosens / Tagliafico would all be suitable replacements with plenty of cash leftover to improve in other areas. 

Add Telles to that list.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

If the option is either Luke Thomas or spend £30m+ on one of the 3 you listed then Luke it is.

• Like 1